XML:XPath

Hi guys,

Using zef to install I got many errors like:

===SORRY!===
Could not find JSON::Marshal:ver<0.0.7+> at line 77 in: ...

which disappeared as soon as I had installed JSON::(Name, Marshal and
Unmarshal).
I use 31028.04.01 on Ubuntu 16.04.

cheers,

--
Theo van den Heuvel
Van den Heuvel HLT Consultancy

I was going to suggest that your zef may be too old and doesn't yet
know how to
handle the "+" in the dependency version. However, I don't see any
module in the
ecosystem use the `0.0.7+` as version requirement any more (I know we had
one in the past, but I'm now unsure whether zef was taught to handle it or
whether the author simply reverted to simpler dependency specification).

You could try running:

     zef update
     zef upgrade zef

The first command will refresh zef's local information about available
modules and maybe it'll realize that module with "0.0.7+" version is no longer
required by another module. The second command will upgrade zef to
latest version.

If you get any issues with the upgrade step, you can uninstall zef
entirely and
install it from the repo (run commands in some temporary directory):

     zef uninstall zef
     git clone https://github.com/ugexe/zef.git .
     perl6 -Ilib bin/zef install .

if you don't have `git` installed, you can just download and unpack the code
manually from https://github.com/ugexe/zef/archive/master.zip

Quoting Theo van den Heuvel <vdheuvel@heuvelhlt.nl>:

> Hi guys,
>
> Using zef to install I got many errors like:
>
> ===SORRY!===
> Could not find JSON::Marshal:ver<0.0.7+> at line 77 in: ...
>
> which disappeared as soon as I had installed JSON::(Name, Marshal
> and Unmarshal).
> I use 31028.04.01 on Ubuntu 16.04.
>
> cheers,
>
> --
> Theo van den Heuvel
> Van den Heuvel HLT Consultancy
0
zoffix
5/12/2018 11:45:26 AM
Hi Zoffix,

'zef update' updates two mirror sites and 'zef upgrade zef' results in

===> Searching for: zef
Unsure of how to handle the following distributions:
zef:ver<0.3.1>:auth<github:ugexe>
All requested distributions are already at their latest versions

This is not a problem for me at all. I just mentioned this to indicate a
possible anomaly. It may also point to some glitch in my installation.

Meanwhile I am still celebrating the fact that I can now use XPath in
Perl6. Great!

Thanks,
Theo