RFE: ini documentation

Dear Config,

https://modules.raku.org/dist/Config:cpan:TYIL

Would you please consider add the following reference to your
web page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INI_file

It gives a wonderful description of INI files.  And
there are folks out there that do not realize that INI
files are standardized or how to write them

Many thanks,
-T
0
perl6
5/15/2020 1:51:44 AM
perl.perl6.compiler 1236 articles. 0 followers. Follow

--xgabiju6yp3z5qad

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 06:51:44PM -0700, ToddAndMargo via perl6-compiler w=
rote:
> Dear Config,
>=20
> https://modules.raku.org/dist/Config:cpan:TYIL
>=20
> Would you please consider add the following reference to your
> web page:
>=20
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INI_file
>=20
> It gives a wonderful description of INI files.  And
> there are folks out there that do not realize that INI
> files are standardized or how to write them
>=20
> Many thanks,
> -T

If there's a parser for ini that works with Config, I will link to that
particular parser in the README of Config. Linking to random formats that
aren't supported seems like a weird addition to the documentation.

According to modules.raku.org[1], there's three implementations, which are
included in the README already:

- Config::Parser::toml
- Config::Parser::yaml
- Config::Parser::json

I'm currently not planning to write Config::Parser::ini, but I'd gladly wel=
come
any additional parsers, and will respond to any questions about implementing
one to the best of my capabilities.

[1]: https://modules.raku.org/search/?q=3DConfig%3A%3AParser

--=20
With kind regards,

Patrick Spek

www:  https://www.tyil.nl/
mail: p.spek@tyil.nl
pgp:  1660 F6A2 DFA7 5347 322A  4DC0 7A6A C285 E2D9 8827

social: https://soc.fglt.nl/tyil
git:    https://home.tyil.nl/git

--xgabiju6yp3z5qad

--xgabiju6yp3z5qad--