When is $Config{archname} different from -v output?

In commit 46807d8e80 in 2008 a comment was added to the -v test about
how on some platforms, such as DG/UX, $Config{archname} differs from
the arch name in perl -v output, suggesting that such special cases
be removed.

Later, when DG/UX support was removed, the comment was changed to say
'There may be build configs where this test will fail', still suggest-
ing that special cases be removed.

Are there still any such special cases (of the archname in perl -v
output being different from $Config{archname})?  If not, we can delete
that comment (which is confusing and made me spend time digging).
0
sprout

--Sig_/54Z/IksegGfnGDYmU/mMTEn

On 12 Mar 2018 00:25:15 -0000, Father Chrysostomos <sprout@cpan.org>
wrote:

> In commit 46807d8e80 in 2008 a comment was added to the -v test about
> how on some platforms, such as DG/UX, $Config{archname} differs from
> the arch name in perl -v output, suggesting that such special cases
> be removed.
>=20
> Later, when DG/UX support was removed, the comment was changed to say
> 'There may be build configs where this test will fail', still suggest-
> ing that special cases be removed.
>=20
> Are there still any such special cases (of the archname in perl -v
> output being different from $Config{archname})?  If not, we can delete
> that comment (which is confusing and made me spend time digging).

If not, now is the time to set the new rule that it should not.
I'm in favor

--=20
using perl5.00307 .. 5.27   porting perl5 on HP-UX, AIX, and openSUSE