We've apparently accidentally blown up pl/perl

Looking at

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/23260.1527026547%40sss.pgh.pa.us

and

https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commitdiff/0301e899536a22752f40481d8a1d141b7a7dda82

is it just me, or is exit_called going to get set whether it's an explicit
exit *or* an implicit one via S_run_body calling my_exit after CALLRUNOPS
is done?

At which point the return value change seems to be a pure backcompat breakage
with no advantages at all, rather than the intended 'backcompat breakage to
try and improve things'.

If I'm wrong, then I guess the question is - is this really worth it, and
if it is, is there a less disruptive way to achieve the same goal?

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/

mst