thanks a lot for all your work

This is a thank-you report for perl from max@mail.at,
generated with the help of perlbug 1.39 running under perl 5.12.0.

[Please enter your thank-you message here]

At least once in my lifetime, I wanted to give a big THANKS to
everyone who has contributed, and is still contributing their
time, energy and sweat into the development of Perl.

    T H A N K   Y O U   ! !

All the best
Max :-)

[You're welcome to delete anything below this line]
---
Flags:
     category=thanks
     severity=none
---
Site configuration information for perl 5.12.0:

Configured by 1 at Thu May  6 16:22:52 2010.

Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 12 subversion 0) configuration:

   Platform:
     osname=MSWin32, osvers=5.1, archname=MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
     uname='Win32 strawberryperl 5.12.0.1 #1 Thu May  6 16:09:27 2010 i386'
     config_args='undef'
     hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=undef
     useithreads=define, usemultiplicity=define
     useperlio=define, d_sfio=undef, uselargefiles=define, usesocks=undef
     use64bitint=undef, use64bitall=undef, uselongdouble=undef
     usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef
   Compiler:
     cc='gcc', ccflags =' -s -O2 -DWIN32 -DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT
-DUSE_SITECUSTOMIZE -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS
-fno-strict-aliasing -mms-bitfields -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX',
     optimize='-s -O2',
     cppflags='-DWIN32'
     ccversion='', gccversion='4.4.3', gccosandvers=''
     intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=1234
     d_longlong=undef, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=12
     ivtype='long', ivsize=4, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='long
long', lseeksize=8
     alignbytes=8, prototype=define
   Linker and Libraries:
     ld='g++', ldflags ='-s -L"C:\strawberry\perl\lib\CORE"
-L"C:\strawberry\c\lib"'
     libpth=C:\strawberry\c\lib C:\strawberry\c\i686-w64-mingw32\lib
     libs=-lmoldname -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lcomdlg32
-ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -lnetapi32 -luuid -lws2_32 -lmpr
-lwinmm -lversion -lodbc32 -lodbccp32 -lcomctl32
     perllibs=-lmoldname -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool
-lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -lnetapi32 -luuid
-lws2_32 -lmpr -lwinmm -lversion -lodbc32 -lodbccp32 -lcomctl32
     libc=, so=dll, useshrplib=true, libperl=libperl512.a
     gnulibc_version=''
   Dynamic Linking:
     dlsrc=dl_win32.xs, dlext=dll, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' '
     cccdlflags=' ', lddlflags='-mdll -s -L"C:\strawberry\perl\lib\CORE"
-L"C:\strawberry\c\lib"'

Locally applied patches:

---
@INC for perl 5.12.0:
     c:/strawberry/perl/site/lib
     c:/strawberry/perl/vendor/lib
     c:/strawberry/perl/lib
     .

---
Environment for perl 5.12.0:
     HOME (unset)
     LANG (unset)
     LANGUAGE (unset)
     LD_LIBRARY_PATH (unset)
     LOGDIR (unset)

PATH=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\binn\;C:\Program
Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program
Files\PuTTY;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program
Files\Java\jre6\bin;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program
Files\TortoiseGit\bin;C:\Ruby192\bin;C:\Program
Files\Palm\SDK\bin;C:\Program
Files\Palm\SDK\bin\novacom;C:\go2\go\bin;C:\Program
Files\Mercurial;c:\strawberry\perl\bin\
     PERL_BADLANG (unset)
     SHELL (unset)

Mit freundlichen Gr��en / Best Regards
Maximilian Hantsch-K�ller
--
DI Maximilian Hantsch-K�ller
Urselbrunnengasse 42/2/2801

t: +43 660 5270678
e: max@mail.at

0
max

Thank you, perl5 porters!
I am happy to report that bleadperl 16147 has built successfully on VOS and has passed all of its tests. There is only one local patch, to vos.c, which is already in the repository but not in this snapshot. I may yet find more things to change, but this is an important milestone to me; this is the first time I've passed all of the tests on the first try. Whoopee!!! A thousand thanks to everyone who has assisted me in the effort to get perl 5.7 ported to the Stratus VOS operating system. I started working on this effort last October. If I had known how long it would take, or...

Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!
Name: Darren Sunderhaus Email: sunfamily2atcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!Thank you! Comments: I just started using Firefox at home because I was so frustrated with IE consuming all of my RAM and locking up after viewing only a few websites (weather.com, ebaymotors.com, etc.) I've only used Firefox for about 30mins now and all I can say is THANK YOU! I'm not a doctor but I know my blood pressure and stress level have declined dramatically in the past 30 mins. I would've had to restart IE twice in that a...

Thanks for screwing up a lot of work
Name: Joseph Martin Email: jpmattotaccdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Thanks for screwing up a lot of work Comments: I specifically needed the older version to run a program with the State of New Mexico which is NOT compatible with your new version. I make a living using the connection with the state and it cost me money and work to not be able to use their computer program. Don't do me favors I don't ask for. How about I send you a bill for any lost work do to unsolicited and unauthorized damaging automatic "update". Most Sincerely, Joseph Martin ...

Thanks a lot for1 Your work!1

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
To everyone at Embarcadero/CodeGear who worked on the documentation in Delphi 2009: THANK YOU for speeding up the help load times, context sensitive keyword lookup, and for making it work much more reliably, at least so far, than it ever did on Delphi 2007. If the content continues to improve and the Help continues to expand and get more and more full of great content, I expect people may move up from old versions of Delphi to Delphi 2009, just for that. It's a big big deal. I'm not saying everything is perfect now, because I haven't had enough time with Delphi ...

Thank you ....Thank you....Thank you.
Name: Patt Email: patt0317atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Thank you ....Thank you....Thank you. Comments: Thank you so much for providing free FireFox. I spent 3 days trying to fix a problem I had opening my internet. I have been trying to find work for several months now - have no money - and things are very frustrating. Using Craigs list I got a bug and I was unable to use my internet. For 4 days I used my other computer to download spyware/adware to remove and destroy. That didn't work. But my nephew told me about firefox and that solved the problem. No...

Thank you Thank you Thank you!
Wow! Thanks everyone for jumping on this and running those tests. It's SO GREAT to have a group like this that's able and willing to run thing through the mill so that I can know what I need to do next. I've got PLENTY of timing results... so the next iteration you see will be a *much* better estimator of the total time required. -- ________________________________________________________________ Steve. Working on: GRC's DNS project pages. https://www.grc.com/dns/dns.htm ...

It needs work...a lot of work.
Name: Lindsay Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: It needs work...a lot of work. Comments: It made some of my normally fast websites slow and eventually crashed, not even working anymore. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Name: AJ Harrington Email: r11132a_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Comments: As a long running Mozilla/Firefox user, I can't thank y'all enough for all the effort that has been put into this fine product. I played around with the release candidates and ANXIOUSLY awaited this release (but I was well behaved and didn't try to get the accidentally released copy 8-). Also, I bought the laptop bag from the store, and I continually receive many compliments, so thank you muchly for making that product available, also. Bro...

Thanks, but no thanks!
Name: Yavo Lem Email: yavolematerolsdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Thanks, but no thanks! Comments: Gentlemen: I currently use Firefox 2.0.0.20 under Windows 98 SE, and I WILL NOT be getting any new OS, period. Therefore, will you please tell me how to stop the Automatic Update feature? I tried to just close the message box, but on restarting my computer, it started to either download or install new software. Fortunately, I run Zone Alarm, so I was able to deny access requests, but I know it will try to do the same thing again and I don't want to start playing ga...

THANK THANK YOU
Name: George Troxler Product: Shiretoko Summary: THANK THANK YOU Comments: I can finally go to my Yahoo email account and compose a message with A "'", i.e. don't and not have that stupid search pop up. What took so long? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Thanks a lot!!!!
Name: Peter Email: peterkedotvercruyssathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Thanks a lot!!!! Comments: Thanks a lot for al the efforts you guys made to make this a really fantastic browser.I even deleted IE completely. Since I'm using Firefox the pop-up misery is past-time! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; nl; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them ...

thanks but no thanks
Name: greg Product: Firefox Summary: thanks but no thanks Comments: so I updated to the latest version of firefox, and everything is slightly slower now. Adding new web pages and tabs and switching back and forth is causing my computer to freeze for a second here and there. I always liked firefox because it was clean and efficient compared to microsoft programs. But now it seems you couldn't help but join the rest of them. it makes me sad, because you are only going to get bigger and bigger. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7...

Thanks, but no thanks
Name: david pursehouse Email: daviddotpursehouseatbtdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Thanks, but no thanks Comments: Damn fine con that was. If I wanted Beta software and to help test your software, I would have joined the beta panel. I do not have time to spend with non production ready software at this time. You have misled hundreds of thousands (millions?) of people into downloading software and to be "part of a Guinness world record" for software that isn't actually production ready. You have also misled by saying that Firefox 3 is here - it is ready...

Web resources about - thanks a lot for all your work - perl.perl5.porters

Bill O’Reilly’s Vicious, Hypocritical Attack On ‘Stop Hate Dump Trump’ Group
O’Reilly smeared the group of #StopHateDumpTrump liberals by calling them “radical totalitarian loons” who want to stifle political speech, but ...

Top iOS news of the week: Apple Watch bests all others, Google paid Apple a lot of money, smaller iPhone ...
This week in iOS news we heard that an update to iOS speeds up older iPhones, that Google paid a billion dollars for search on iOS, and that ...

Wow, Charlotte Rampling Is Still Talking
On Friday, Oscar nominee Charlotte Rampling had some opinions about the Academy Awards and race and just couldn’t keep them to herself. The daughter ...

Snowstorm Strands Thousands on Kentucky, Pennsylvania Highways
Snowstorm Strands Thousands on Kentucky, Pennsylvania Highways

Four dead in Canada school shooting, one suspect in custody
Washington Times Four dead in Canada school shooting, one suspect in custody Washington Times Four people have been killed in a school shooting ...

Flint Residents and the Struggle for Clean Water
NBCNews.com Flint Residents and the Struggle for Clean Water NBCNews.com FLINT, Michigan — Normal life has been interrupted in Flint. School, ...

Jill Duggar Dillard: Zika Virus Could Derail Jill’s Plans To Get Pregnant In El Salvador
Jill Duggar Dillard chose the worst possible time to move to El Salvador. During the three-part TLC special, Jill & Jessa: Counting On , Jill ...

This Week in the Business: Cooks, Magicians And Other Video Game Things
QUOTE - “I’m thrilled to welcome undoubtedly the most recognizable and accomplished figure in the culinary world to Glu’s family of celebrity ...

And back up again! Another reusable rocket first for Jeff Bezos
Mashable And back up again! Another reusable rocket first for Jeff Bezos Quartz A Blue Origin rocket that flew to the edge of space and back ...

​Passerby hit by gunfire on Las Vegas Strip
CBS News ​Passerby hit by gunfire on Las Vegas Strip CBS News LAS VEGAS - A young passerby on the Las Vegas Strip was injured Friday night ...