RE: [perl #37292] '-MModule=100' not identical to 'use Module 100 ;' when module doesnt use Exporter

-----Original Message-----
From: demerphq [mailto:demerphq@gmail.com]
Sent: 27 September 2005 18:15
To: Rafael Garcia-Suarez
Cc: Perl Porters 5
Subject: Re: [perl #37292] '-MModule=100' not identical to 'use Module

On 9/27/05, Rafael Garcia-Suarez <rgarciasuarez@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/27/05, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you define "bug" as "the code doing what it shouldnt do" then fine,
> > no bug. If you define "bug" as being "undesirable behaviour" then I'd
> > say that this is a bug.
> >
> > But if the best that can happen is a patch to perlrun then here goes
> > (attached as well just in case gmail fucks^Wmunges it)
>
> perlrun isn't the place to document this, or not like this; it should
> rather say that "-MFoo=number" never does a version check. The fact
> that Exporter fakes version checks is already documented in the
> Exporter manpage.

I dont think the consumer of a module cares whether Exporter does it
or not. In fact I dont think the consumer of a module should even care
what the innards of the module does. So this behaviour being
documented in Exporter is pretty useless isnt it? I mean having it
documented there doesnt tell me anything about how module X will
behave in this situation.
-----
I think we could introduce some new command-line syntax

C<< -mModule=>VERSION >>, C<< -MModule=>VERSION >>

which translate to C<require Module VERSION>, C<use Module VERSION>.
The "=>" is chosen to be close to the other syntax to suggest the
Module (version) is greater than or equal VERSION.

Robin

privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only.
If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or
disclose such information.

NPL Management Ltd cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any
attachments are free from viruses.

NPL Management Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. No: 2937881
Registered Office: Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park,
                   Hook, Hampshire, United Kingdom  RG27 9UY
Robin

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

Using '[' and ']' characters...
Has anyone come across the following problem when using PD7.5 on SQL Server 2000? PD7.5 does not generate the '[' and ']' characters for stored procedures. Example: CREATE PROC P_Test AS SELECT A AS [Column A] FROM A_Table Generated script: CREATE PROC P_Test AS SELECT A AS Column A FROM A_Table Thanks in advance, Aiden That's interesting. In 7.5, if I put [[Column A]] in the procedure definition, I get [Column A]. In 8.0 it works correctly. -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org http://www.datamode...

'use' and 'require'
------_=_NextPart_001_01C35AB9.4ADA5CA0 Content-Type: text/plain Hello all, Is there a way to 'variablize' the version for a 'use' statement. This way, if I wanted to change version I could only change it in one place with those changes cascading across all apps. Usage would look something like this: use $perl_version; Thanks in advance, Jason Allison Principal Engineer ARINC Incorporated Office: (410) 266-2006 FAX: (410) 573-3026 ------_=_NextPart_001_01C35AB9.4ADA5CA0-- Allison, Jason (JALLISON) wrote: > Hello all, > > Is there ...

HOw to use __doPostback('','')?????????
Hi i use the window.open() javascript function, then i want to use the __doPostback('','') javascript function to force the page post back , so that i can use the parameter pass from the child window in the page.ispostback event. but i try to use __doPostback('','') in my 1.1 .net framework, nothing happen????? how to use the __doPostback('','') or how to let the page have .postback event?SelfConfident is get from the Xperience You need to use the server-side function: Page.GetPostBackEventReference and tell it what control's event you want to fire. The __doPostBa...

Where to change the container of the 'login', 'term of use' module etc
Hi,I would like to know where can change the container of those build in module?ie login, term of use, privacy statement, etc.Thanks/Davis. Hello, If you log in as Admin or Host: 1) Go to Admin menu / Site Settings 2) Under Appearance you have the option to set the Portal Container and Admin Container 3) Admin Container affects the Terms of Use & Privacy, as well as all of the admin containers 4) Portal Container affects the Login and all of the default containers for the modules / pages on your site 5) Click on Update 6) Navigate to a new page to see the changes If you w...

'100' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '"' or '''.
Dear all,  I have a web form which will call a report viewer and show the report. The report works fine under report server. When call from aspx, it show the below error. Do you know WHY? '100' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '"' or '''. Line 20, position 77. hi rchiu5hk, select rdl/rdlc file in .net IDE and right click then open with xml editor option and then copy the content and then paste it here. so that it may give some better idea on the issue."Mark as Answer" -- on the post that helps youRKChaudary I think ...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Using 'int64' in 'for' loop
I am using XE2. We know that it is not possible to use variable of type int64 in a for loop, e.g.: var i:int64; .... for i:=1 to n do will not compile. Question: Is this possible in the latest version of Delphi? If not: will this ever be possible to do? Thanks in advance, Andrej Mrvar wrote: > I am using XE2. We know that it is not possible to use variable of > type int64 in a for loop, e.g.: > > var i:int64; > ... > for i:=1 to n do > > will not compile. > > Question: > Is this possible in the latest version of Delphi? >...

'''

Use 'Credentials' in 'Authentication' in file 'Web.Config'
Why 'LoginUrl' is not recoganized by ASP.NET when I use in authentication mode 'Form'? Before VS.NET in which .NET1.0 is predefined was installed,I had installed .NET1.1 seperatedly. However,the error message indicates configuration error is just from .NET1.0. Therefore,is that 'LoginUrl' only accepted in .NET1.1? 'loginUrl' should work in both versions. Please note the authentication mode should be "Forms", not "Form". What is the error message you are getting? Thanks, Laura.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Yes,I...

How to use 'previous' and 'next' alongside gridview 'paging' ?
Hi I am using gridview in my asp.net and using paging for navigation. How do I use next (>) and previous (<) sign along side page numbers like below. At the moment I have gridview with paging like below  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . But I want Page numbers , Next and Previous simbol like below < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . >  (< and > are link for previous and next respectivly )  Advance thanks SudhaYogesh: Hi I am using gridview in my asp.net and using paging for navigation. How do I use next (>) and previous (<) sign along side page numbers like be...

Using 'TabIndex' when pressing 'Enter' instead of 'Tab' ?
Hi, a client is asking me to prepare a web form such that navigating from one control to the next control should be done by pressing the 'Enter' key. I know how to do it with the 'tab' key (using 'TabIndex'), but how to define that the key should be 'Enter' ? Is this possible ? How ? Thanks for you help JohannWebsite - Weblog FYI : http://javascript.internet.com/forms/tab-key-emulation.html Regards...

Web resources about - RE: [perl #37292] '-MModule=100' not identical to 'use Module 100 ;' when module doesnt use Exporter - perl.perl5.porters