Perl 5.33.3 expected on Tuesday 20th

Committers: Perl 5.33.3 is expected to be released on Tuesday 20th so
please consider updating perldelta.pod as necessary before then if you
have made any perldelta-worthy changes in the last month.

Thanks.
0
perl5

Steve Hay via perl5-porters <perl5-porters@perl.org> wrote:
:Committers: Perl 5.33.3 is expected to be released on Tuesday 20th so
:please consider updating perldelta.pod as necessary before then if you
:have made any perldelta-worthy changes in the last month.

I think we should mention the following, but not sure where to put it:
  The L<re> module has a new function C<optimization>, which can return
  a hashref of optimization data discovered about a compiled regexp.
... perhaps next to "L<re> has been upgraded from version 0.40 to 0.41.",
but perhaps more relevantly under Internals.

Hugo
0
hv
10/18/2020 4:03:39 PM
On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 at 17:57, <hv@crypt.org> wrote:

> Steve Hay via perl5-porters <perl5-porters@perl.org> wrote:
> :Committers: Perl 5.33.3 is expected to be released on Tuesday 20th so
> :please consider updating perldelta.pod as necessary before then if you
> :have made any perldelta-worthy changes in the last month.
>
> I think we should mention the following, but not sure where to put it:
>   The L<re> module has a new function C<optimization>, which can return
>   a hashref of optimization data discovered about a compiled regexp.
> .. perhaps next to "L<re> has been upgraded from version 0.40 to 0.41.",
> but perhaps more relevantly under Internals.

Thanks. I've done both in e6b76f1d3a551e2910f721e12bdf9cff1bf8a87a.
0
perl5