Perl 5.30-RC1 is now available!

  If a little dreaming is dangerous, the cure for it is not to dream
  less but to dream more, to dream all the time.

    -- Marcel Proust

We are happy to announce version 30.0-RC1, the 1st RC release of
version 30 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.30.0-RC1 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/XSAWYERX/perl-5.30.0-RC1/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

 d4ed4a99956c3a60a38dcb541d34bd073f07b131  perl-5.30.0-RC1.tar.gz
 ed217fbd94a4b6d3c3b687a642fad0c77e167940  perl-5.30.0-RC1.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/XSAWYERX/perl-5.30.0-RC1/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.30.0 represents approximately 11 months of development since Perl
5.28.0 and contains approximately 630,000 lines of changes across 1,300
files from 58 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 510,000 lines of changes to 750 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.30.0:

Aaron Crane, Abigail, Alberto Simões, Alexandr Savca, Andreas König, Andy
Dougherty, Aristotle Pagaltzis, Brian Greenfield, Chad Granum, Chris
'BinGOs' Williams, Craig A. Berry, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, Dan Book, Dan
Dedrick, Daniel Dragan, Dan Kogai, David Cantrell, David Mitchell, Dominic
Hargreaves, E. Choroba, Ed J, Eugen Konkov, François Perrad, Graham Knop,
Hauke D, H.Merijn Brand, Hugo van der Sanden, Jakub Wilk, James Clarke,
James E Keenan, Jerry D. Hedden, Jim Cromie, John SJ Anderson, Karen
Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Leon Timmermans, Matthias Bethke, Nicholas
Clark, Nicolas R., Niko Tyni, Pali, Petr Písař, Phil Pearl (Lobbes),
Richard Leach, Ryan Voots, Sawyer X, Shlomi Fish, Sisyphus, Slaven Rezic,
Steve Hay, Sullivan Beck, Tina Müller, Tomasz Konojacki, Tom Wyant, Tony
Cook, Unicode Consortium, Yves Orton, Zak B. Elep.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the AUTHORS file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release 5.30.0 later in May, if all goes well.

Yours,
Sawyer X.
0
xsawyerx
5/11/2019 11:01:45 PM
perl.perl5.porters 47705 articles. 1 followers. Follow

1 Replies
43 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 59

There's still some number of entries about 5.29 in perldelta.

Best regards,
Sergey Aleynikov

=D0=B2=D1=81, 12 =D0=BC=D0=B0=D1=8F 2019 =D0=B3. =D0=B2 02:02, Sawyer X <xs=
awyerx@gmail.com>:
>
>   If a little dreaming is dangerous, the cure for it is not to dream
>   less but to dream more, to dream all the time.
>
>     -- Marcel Proust
>
> We are happy to announce version 30.0-RC1, the 1st RC release of
> version 30 of Perl 5.
>
> You will soon be able to download Perl 5.30.0-RC1 from your
> favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:
>
> https://metacpan.org/release/XSAWYERX/perl-5.30.0-RC1/
>
> SHA1 digests for this release are:
>
>  d4ed4a99956c3a60a38dcb541d34bd073f07b131  perl-5.30.0-RC1.tar.gz
>  ed217fbd94a4b6d3c3b687a642fad0c77e167940  perl-5.30.0-RC1.tar.xz
>
> You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located i=
n
> the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at
>
> https://metacpan.org/pod/release/XSAWYERX/perl-5.30.0-RC1/pod/perldelta.p=
od
>
> Perl 5.30.0 represents approximately 11 months of development since Perl
> 5.28.0 and contains approximately 630,000 lines of changes across 1,300
> files from 58 authors.
>
> Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there we=
re
> approximately 510,000 lines of changes to 750 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.
>
> Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
> community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
> contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.30.0:
>
> Aaron Crane, Abigail, Alberto Sim=C3=B5es, Alexandr Savca, Andreas K=C3=
=B6nig, Andy
> Dougherty, Aristotle Pagaltzis, Brian Greenfield, Chad Granum, Chris
> 'BinGOs' Williams, Craig A. Berry, Dagfinn Ilmari Manns=C3=A5ker, Dan Boo=
k, Dan
> Dedrick, Daniel Dragan, Dan Kogai, David Cantrell, David Mitchell, Domini=
c
> Hargreaves, E. Choroba, Ed J, Eugen Konkov, Fran=C3=A7ois Perrad, Graham =
Knop,
> Hauke D, H.Merijn Brand, Hugo van der Sanden, Jakub Wilk, James Clarke,
> James E Keenan, Jerry D. Hedden, Jim Cromie, John SJ Anderson, Karen
> Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Leon Timmermans, Matthias Bethke, Nicholas
> Clark, Nicolas R., Niko Tyni, Pali, Petr P=C3=ADsa=C5=99, Phil Pearl (Lob=
bes),
> Richard Leach, Ryan Voots, Sawyer X, Shlomi Fish, Sisyphus, Slaven Rezic,
> Steve Hay, Sullivan Beck, Tina M=C3=BCller, Tomasz Konojacki, Tom Wyant, =
Tony
> Cook, Unicode Consortium, Yves Orton, Zak B. Elep.
>
> The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
> generated from version control history. In particular, it does not includ=
e
> the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues=
 to
> the Perl bug tracker.
>
> Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modul=
es
> included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
> helping Perl to flourish.
>
> For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
> see the AUTHORS file in the Perl source distribution.
>
> We expect to release 5.30.0 later in May, if all goes well.
>
> Yours,
> Sawyer X.
0
sergey
5/12/2019 8:58:41 AM
Reply: