Perl 5.29.9 has been released.

=C2=A0 "What one man can invent, another can discover."

=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 -- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Dancin=
g Men

We are very grateful to announce version 5.29.9,
the tenth development release of version 29 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.29.9 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/ZAKAME/perl-5.29.9/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

=C2=A018a4e0342a2d88e2b1d60df097ca0835482e9c80=C2=A0=C2=A0 perl-5.29.9.ta=
r.gz
=C2=A0f1be5fd578fdc38e80704e25632e1bc68ff5041f=C2=A0=C2=A0 perl-5.29.9.ta=
r.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located i=
n
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/pod/release/ZAKAME/perl-5.29.9/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.29.9 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
5.29.8 and contains approximately 47,000 lines of changes across 210 file=
s
from 11 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there we=
re
approximately 38,000 lines of changes to 71 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have=

contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.29.9:

Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Craig A. Berry, Dagfinn Ilmari Manns=C3=A5ker, D=
an
Kogai, David Mitchell, Karen Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Nicolas R., Pali=
,
Tony Cook, Unicode Consortium.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not includ=
e
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues=
 to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modul=
es
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please=

see the AUTHORS file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 5.29.10 on 2019-04-20.
The next major stable release of Perl 5, version 30.0, should appear in
May 2019.


Cheers,

Zak

--=20
Zak B. Elep  ||  zakame.net
1486 7957 454D E529 E4F1  F75E 5787 B1FD FA53 851D
F57D 3713 E782 E2B2 D0DA  A5F0 E14D EE0C FFC3 A672
0
zakame
3/21/2019 12:07:22 PM
perl.perl5.porters 47809 articles. 1 followers. Follow

4 Replies
58 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 43

On 3/21/19 8:07 AM, Zak B. Elep wrote:
>    "What one man can invent, another can discover."
> 
>      -- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Dancing Men
> 
> We are very grateful to announce version 5.29.9,
> the tenth development release of version 29 of Perl 5.
> 
> You will soon be able to download Perl 5.29.9 from your
> favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:
> 
> https://metacpan.org/release/ZAKAME/perl-5.29.9/
> 

Thanks for your work on this release!

The tarballs can be found at that location.  However, it appears they 
haven't been symlinked to from the ftp server.  For example, there's no 
sign of 5.29 yet at ftp://ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN/authors/id/Z/ZA/ZAKAME/ 
or ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/CPAN/authors/id/Z/ZA/ZAKAME/.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan
0
jkeenan
3/21/2019 1:40:36 PM
On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 09:40:36 -0400
James E Keenan <jkeenan@pobox.com> wrote:

> On 3/21/19 8:07 AM, Zak B. Elep wrote:
> >  =C2=A0 "What one man can invent, another can discover."
> >=20
> >  =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 -- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Dan=
cing Men
> >=20
> > We are very grateful to announce version 5.29.9,
> > the tenth development release of version 29 of Perl 5.
> >=20
> > You will soon be able to download Perl 5.29.9 from your
> > favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:
> >=20
> > https://metacpan.org/release/ZAKAME/perl-5.29.9/
> >  =20
>=20
> Thanks for your work on this release!
>=20

Thanks from me too.

> The tarballs can be found at that location.  However, it appears they=20
> haven't been symlinked to from the ftp server.  For example, there's no=20
> sign of 5.29 yet at ftp://ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN/authors/id/Z/ZA/ZAKAME/=20
> or ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/CPAN/authors/id/Z/ZA/ZAKAME/.
>=20
> Thank you very much.
> Jim Keenan



--=20
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
List of Portability Libraries - http://shlom.in/port-libs

I want to live forever or die in the attempt.
    =E2=80=94 via Nadav Har=E2=80=99El

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - http://shlom.in/reply .
0
shlomif
3/21/2019 2:43:39 PM
Hi!

On 3/21/19 9:40 PM, James E Keenan wrote:
> The tarballs can be found at that location.  However, it appears they
> haven't been symlinked to from the ftp server.  For example, there's
> no sign of 5.29 yet at
> ftp://ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN/authors/id/Z/ZA/ZAKAME/ or
> ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/CPAN/authors/id/Z/ZA/ZAKAME/.

I checked again and funet has updated, while ftp.cpan.org hasn't (I
don't see it yet in https://www.cpan.org/src/5.0/ as well.)  My local
country mirror OTOH already has it
(http://mirror.rise.ph/cpan/authors/id/Z/ZA/ZAKAME/).

I think CPAN is still syncing the rest of the mirrors; will keep an eye
on this, thanks!


Cheers,

- Zak

-- 
Zak B. Elep  ||  zakame.net
1486 7957 454D E529 E4F1  F75E 5787 B1FD FA53 851D
F57D 3713 E782 E2B2 D0DA  A5F0 E14D EE0C FFC3 A672
0
zakame
3/21/2019 4:26:29 PM
Congrats and thank you! :)


On 3/21/19 2:07 PM, Zak B. Elep wrote:
>   "What one man can invent, another can discover."
>
>     -- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The Adventure of the Dancing Men
>
> We are very grateful to announce version 5.29.9,
> the tenth development release of version 29 of Perl 5.
>
> You will soon be able to download Perl 5.29.9 from your
> favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:
>
> https://metacpan.org/release/ZAKAME/perl-5.29.9/
>
> SHA1 digests for this release are:
>
>  18a4e0342a2d88e2b1d60df097ca0835482e9c80   perl-5.29.9.tar.gz
>  f1be5fd578fdc38e80704e25632e1bc68ff5041f   perl-5.29.9.tar.xz
>
> You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
> the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at
>
> https://metacpan.org/pod/release/ZAKAME/perl-5.29.9/pod/perldelta.pod
>
> Perl 5.29.9 represents approximately 4 weeks of development since Perl
> 5.29.8 and contains approximately 47,000 lines of changes across 210 files
> from 11 authors.
>
> Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
> approximately 38,000 lines of changes to 71 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.
>
> Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
> community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
> contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.29.9:
>
> Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Craig A. Berry, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, Dan
> Kogai, David Mitchell, Karen Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Nicolas R., Pali,
> Tony Cook, Unicode Consortium.
>
> The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
> generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
> the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
> the Perl bug tracker.
>
> Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
> included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
> helping Perl to flourish.
>
> For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
> see the AUTHORS file in the Perl source distribution.
>
> We expect to release version 5.29.10 on 2019-04-20.
> The next major stable release of Perl 5, version 30.0, should appear in
> May 2019.
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Zak
>
0
xsawyerx
3/22/2019 3:28:59 PM
Reply: