Perl 5.28.1 binary kit for OpenVMS I64 available

An installation kit for OpenVMS I64 v8.4 and later is available at:

<https://sourceforge.net/projects/vmsperlkit/files/>

N.B.  I no longer have working Alpha hardware so there is no Alpha kit.

The file is a self-extracting archive and after downloading you must run =
it like so:

$ run VMSPORTS-I64VMS-PERL528-V0528-1-1.SFX_I64EXE

Then:

$ product install perl528

and follow the usual installation prompts. Note that the major version =
is now included in the product name so this installation will not remove =
installations of previous versions (e.g., 5.24 or 5.26).

The kit provided here is intended to be a convenient way to acquire a =
default build; there are many other configuration options available if =
you build your own Perl from the source at =
<http://www.cpan.org/src/5.0/>.

Have an appropriate amount of fun.  Anything related to this kit that =
turns out to be more fun than you can handle is probably best reported =
on the vmsperl mailing list.[1]

Changes in this release can be found via typing "perldoc perldelta" =
after installation.  Note particularly the two CVEs fixed in this =
release:

CVE-2018-18311
CVE-2018-18312

Some details are available at:

=
<https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/blobdiff/1d8d75668ebf8560ed8614c29522=
825c5d6a5cc8..87e42e552afcb9f1556241cb0d0cda6b5f80b297:/pod/perldelta.pod>=

[1] <http://lists.perl.org/list/vmsperl.html>

Craig A. Berry

 difficult than getting in."
                 Brad Leithauser
0
perl5

<vmsperl@perl.org> wrote:
>=20
> An installation kit for OpenVMS I64 v8.4 and later is available at:
>=20
> <https://sourceforge.net/projects/vmsperlkit/files/>
>=20
> N.B.  I no longer have working Alpha hardware so there is no Alpha =
kit.

I got an emulator running that eventually managed to produce an Alpha =
kit after 21 hours of processing and it's now available at the same URL.

Craig A. Berry

 difficult than getting in."
                 Brad Leithauser
0