Perl 5.26.3 is now available!

The origins of the name "Bernstein" are sometimes linked with the German
noun Bernstein, which means "amber"--a translucent yellowish fossilized
resin, used for ornaments and thought to possess magical properties.
Leonard Bernstein would later call himself "Lenny Amber" when he needed
a pseudonym for the popular piano transcriptions he published in his
mid-twenties, and his business affairs would be organized within a
company called Amberson Enterprises.  There are several towns and
villages named Bernstein in Germany and Austria (where the pronunciation
is BernSTINE), but Bernstein's parents came from Jewish ghettos in
northwestern Ukraine, where the last syllable is usually pronounced
BernSHTAYN or STEEN.  Sam insisted, however, on the mid-European style
employed by the earlier immigrants.

  -- Humphrey Burton, "Leonard Bernstein"

We are pleased to announce version 26.3, the third maintenance release
of version 26 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.26.3 from your favourite CPAN
mirror or find it at:

  https://metacpan.org/release/SHAY/perl-5.26.3/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

  940e1739dd979a284f343dff57ddcbf7f555b928  perl-5.26.3.tar.gz
  4c61872bab631427cbb5b519ef8809d3a4c7f921  perl-5.26.3.tar.bz2
  ca73432ac07288fdce2063f5e09c642e28584226  perl-5.26.3.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located
in the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web.

Perl 5.26.3 represents approximately 8 months of development since Perl
5.26.2 and contains approximately 4,500 lines of changes across 51 files
from 15 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there
were approximately 770 lines of changes to 10 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its third decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers.  The following people are known to
have contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.26.3:

Aaron Crane, Abigail, Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Dagfinn Ilmari Manns=C3=A5ke=
r,
David Mitchell, H.Merijn Brand, James E Keenan, John SJ Anderson, Karen
Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Sawyer X, Steve Hay, Todd Rinaldo, Tony
Cook, Yves Orton.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history.  In particular, it does not
include the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who
reported issues to the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN
modules included in Perl's core.  We're grateful to the entire CPAN
community for helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors,
please see the AUTHORS file in the Perl source distribution.

The next major stable release of Perl 5, version 30.0, should appear in
May 2019, with version 31.0 released around the same time.

Steve Hay
0
perl5
11/29/2018 7:07:37 PM
perl.perl5.porters 47436 articles. 0 followers. Follow

1 Replies
16 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 17

On 11/29/18 12:07 PM, Steve Hay via perl5-porters wrote:
> The origins of the name "Bernstein" are sometimes linked with the Germa=
n
> noun Bernstein, which means "amber"--a translucent yellowish fossilized
> resin, used for ornaments and thought to possess magical properties.
> Leonard Bernstein would later call himself "Lenny Amber" when he needed
> a pseudonym for the popular piano transcriptions he published in his
> mid-twenties, and his business affairs would be organized within a
> company called Amberson Enterprises.  There are several towns and
> villages named Bernstein in Germany and Austria (where the pronunciatio=
n
> is BernSTINE), but Bernstein's parents came from Jewish ghettos in
> northwestern Ukraine, where the last syllable is usually pronounced
> BernSHTAYN or STEEN.  Sam insisted, however, on the mid-European style
> employed by the earlier immigrants.
>=20
>    -- Humphrey Burton, "Leonard Bernstein"

Bernstein's daughter came to town a monthish ago, and she pronounced it=20
STINE

>=20
> We are pleased to announce version 26.3, the third maintenance release
> of version 26 of Perl 5.
>=20
> You will soon be able to download Perl 5.26.3 from your favourite CPAN
> mirror or find it at:
>=20
>    https://metacpan.org/release/SHAY/perl-5.26.3/
>=20
> SHA1 digests for this release are:
>=20
>    940e1739dd979a284f343dff57ddcbf7f555b928  perl-5.26.3.tar.gz
>    4c61872bab631427cbb5b519ef8809d3a4c7f921  perl-5.26.3.tar.bz2
>    ca73432ac07288fdce2063f5e09c642e28584226  perl-5.26.3.tar.xz
>=20
> You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located
> in the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web.
>=20
> Perl 5.26.3 represents approximately 8 months of development since Perl
> 5.26.2 and contains approximately 4,500 lines of changes across 51 file=
s
> from 15 authors.
>=20
> Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there
> were approximately 770 lines of changes to 10 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.
>=20
> Perl continues to flourish into its third decade thanks to a vibrant
> community of users and developers.  The following people are known to
> have contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.26.3:
>=20
> Aaron Crane, Abigail, Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Dagfinn Ilmari Manns=C3=A5=
ker,
> David Mitchell, H.Merijn Brand, James E Keenan, John SJ Anderson, Karen
> Etheridge, Karl Williamson, Sawyer X, Steve Hay, Todd Rinaldo, Tony
> Cook, Yves Orton.
>=20
> The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
> generated from version control history.  In particular, it does not
> include the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who
> reported issues to the Perl bug tracker.
>=20
> Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN
> modules included in Perl's core.  We're grateful to the entire CPAN
> community for helping Perl to flourish.
>=20
> For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors,
> please see the AUTHORS file in the Perl source distribution.
>=20
> The next major stable release of Perl 5, version 30.0, should appear in
> May 2019, with version 31.0 released around the same time.
>=20
> Steve Hay
>=20
0
public
11/29/2018 8:20:30 PM
Reply: