Perl 5.22.4 is now available!

  Then Little Red Riding Hood said, 'But Grandma,
  what a lovely great big furry coat you have on.'
  'That's wrong!' cried Wolf. 'Have you forgot
  'To tell me what BIG TEETH I've got?
  'Ah well, no matter what you say,
  'I'm going to eat you anyway.'
  The small girl smiles. One eyelid flickers.
  She whips a pistol from her knickers.
  She aims it at the creature's head
  And bang bang bang, she shoots him dead.

  A few weeks later, in the wood,
  I came across Miss Riding Hood.
  But what a change! No cloak of red,
  No silly hood upon her head.
  She said, 'Hello, and do please note
  'My lovely furry WOLFSKIN COAT.'

    -- Roald Dahl, "Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf"

We are relieved to announce version 22.4, the fourth maintenance release
of version 22 of Perl 5.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.22.4 from your favourite CPAN
mirror or find it at:

  https://metacpan.org/release/SHAY/perl-5.22.4/

SHA1 digests for this release are:

  fd79af20e6454d1bb5e5e6ac4774a1e295d4d794  perl-5.22.4.tar.gz
  97aed9044239473974586a6ecfcd87a72eae3273  perl-5.22.4.tar.bz2
  53d85affaeb84ed859c2710c3e4330314b5115b5  perl-5.22.4.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located
in the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web.

Perl 5.22.4 represents approximately 9 months of development since Perl
5.22.3 and contains approximately 4,400 lines of changes across 240
files from 20 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there
were approximately 2,200 lines of changes to 170 .pm, .t, .c and .h
files.

Perl continues to flourish into its third decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers.  The following people are known to
have contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.22.3:

Aaron Crane, Abigail, Alex Vandiver, Aristotle Pagaltzis, Chad Granum,
Chris 'BinGOs' Williams, Craig A. Berry, David Mitchell, Father
Chrysostomos, James E Keenan, Jarkko Hietaniemi, Karen Etheridge, Karl
Williamson, Matthew Horsfall, Niko Tyni, Ricardo Signes, Sawyer X,
Stevan Little, Steve Hay, Tony Cook.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history.  In particular, it does not
include the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who
reported issues to the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN
modules included in Perl's core.  We're grateful to the entire CPAN
community for helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors,
please see the AUTHORS file in the Perl source distribution.

The next major stable release of Perl 5, version 28.0, should appear in
May 2018, with version 29.0 released around the same time.

Steve Hay
0
perl5

Steve++ !