Mulriple File Transfers using NET::FTP module...

Hello,

Can someone out there help? I have written a small script below, to dowload
files for an FTP server. I employed the NET::FTP module. Somehow I cannot
find a command on NET::FTP that can allow mulriple file retieval using a
wildcard or other.

@rem = '--*-Perl-*--
@echo off
if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" goto WinNT
perl -x -S "%0" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
goto endofperl
:WinNT
perl -x -S "%0" %*
if NOT "%COMSPEC%" == "%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe" goto endofperl
if %errorlevel% == 9009 echo You do not have Perl in your PATH.
goto endofperl
@rem ';
#!perl
#line 14
use Net::FTP;

$ftp = Net::FTP->new
(
	"ftp.******** <ftp://ftp.********> ",
	Timeout => 30
) or die "Could not connect.\n";

$username = "*********";
$password = "*********";

$ftp->login($username, $password)
	or die "Could not log in.\n";

$ftp->cwd('.private/log');

$remotefile = "*******";
$localfile = "*******";

$ftp->retr($remotefile, $localfile)
	or die "Can not get file.\n";
__END__
:endofperl

Thanks in advance for your input.

John.

0
jooko

automatic FTP not using NET:FTP module
Hi, I have to automate ftp process using perl or shell scripts. At the moment I cannot install NET:FTP class. So any pointers for me on how do this. thanks, vas _______________________________________________________ Send a cool gift with your E-Card http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/ On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 10:20:58AM -0700, srinivas.s@excite.com wrote: > I have to automate ftp process using perl or shell scripts. At the moment I > cannot install NET:FTP class. So any pointers for me on how do this. Why can't you install Net::FTP? Really, it&#...

FTP not using NET:FTP module ... Why dose this work???
Hi Using Luke Bakkens reply >If you can't install Net::FTP, the following works with the ftp.exe >program on NT to get the file /tmp/frazzle in binary mode: > >open FTP, "> tmpftp.$$"; >print FTP <<EOF; >$username >$password >bin >get /tmp/frazzle >bye >EOF >close FTP >system "ftp -s:tmpftp.$$ $hostname"; >unlink tmpftp.$$ > >on unix, the system call would be this i believe: >system "ftp $hostname < tmpftp.$$"; > >good luck >Luke I went and did the following, but ...

How to upload large files through FTP using Asp.net and VB.net
Hi, I want you to tell me that how can i upload the large files through FTP using asp.net and vb.net. I have developed a page where user can upload his/her file which is about 1-5 mb but if file size increase upto 50 mb then my page do not work. If i try so, then find the following error: The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log o...

Why is the difference between a uploaded file using VB6, ASP.NET and a uploaded file using ASP.NET FileUpload Server Control?
I'm trying to develop Active X file upload component using VB6. Like below list... Thanks for authors( Joseph Z. Xu (jzxu@napercom.com), Mohd Idzuan Alias (iklan2k@yahoo.com)). --Client File upload Program source  Dim WinHttpReq As WinHttp.WinHttpRequestConst HTTPREQUEST_SETCREDENTIALS_FOR_SERVER = 0Const HTTPREQUEST_SETCREDENTIALS_FOR_PROXY = 1Const BOUNDARY = "Xu02=$"Const HEADER = "--Xu02=$"Const FOOTER = "--Xu02=$--" Function UploadFiles(strFileName As Variant, strURL As String, DirPath As String, Optional postVar As String, _   &...

Smart Device Application for file transfer to a remote server in .Net Compact Framework (Using Visual Studio.Net 2003,C# code)
Dear all, We are developing a smart device application (using C# code) for .Net Compact Framework where we need to write a programme in C# code to transfer a file from mobile device to remote server/machine.Can anyony help us regarding this aaplication.If you have already done this or you find any article/link regarding to this application then please let me know about that. My mail id : anirbandas.ju@gmail.com Looking forward for your reply soon. Regards Anirban   hi hav u got any solution , becoz i too need. plz share with me...

How to FTP files using ASP.net
I need to send files to a FTP server. Can you please tell me how this is possible using ASP.net?Thanks, Som Bhat With ASP.NET 1.x it's a little unpleasant, you need to download or write an FtpWebRequest (that inherits from System.Net.WebRequest) and use it to upload the files. (I'm assuming that your FTP server isn't also an HTTP server). There are samples of this: http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=df40d855-4ac0-4253-a232-a0f1137f5fd9 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;812409TTFN - Kent...

How to ftp a file
server: ftp.mysite.comusername: adminpassword: adminpath: /images/ I have the following code which saves the file to C: drive as test.tif. So, can i ftp the same file to the above site directly instead of saving it to harddrive. <code>I am actually doing the following: by using the same code logic can i ftp it or if there is another method can you please show me.Dim proc As ProcessStartInfo = New ProcessStartInfo proc.Arguments = "c:\test.tif -feederon -h -n -r 200 -multipagetiff -o"Process.Start(proc)</code> Thank you very much for the information....

Accessing file twisely using asp.net using VB.Net
Hello Friends, I am new on this group. I have a problem in my functionality. i am using asp.net using vb.net. The pocess is as  a way that I have to send a mail with attachment.I am using Input file type tag control to get Attachment file from directory.After it i am saving attachment file on server folder.After it i am sending file path to attachment function as string.After it attachment is working fine. But after it i want to delete that file from server and when i wrote code  for delete fileas following: File.delete(Path of file) but when runtime start execute this code ...

HOW to use File Field to upload file? ( use ASP.net 1.0)
  I drag a "file field control" to page like below, I am going to buile a file upload web. the request is first I have to build a report file for save the upload file for example : I buile a file name " Company A" and which including a file name "BAK" on webserver when I uploading a file name "Company A" and then the uploading file will be putted on BAK file of Company A if we don't have the match name with the uploading file  on webserver then we don't upload this file.   my question is  1. how to use file field ...

File Transfer using FTP on Compact Framework
Dear all, I am currently developing a Smart Device Application where I need to upload the files from the handheld device to a desktop server and I have to do this using FTP (File Transfer Protocol). Can any one tell me is it possible to send file from handheld device to desktop server using FTP. If any one  having any solution or any useful article or any useful link regarding it, then please send to my following email id : anirbandas_ju@hotmail.com Thanking you Anirban hi i too hav same issue, if u hav got any solution or ideas plz share with me...

how to use FTP to transfer file from client to server...
Hello sir, I want to upload a file from client to server using FTP.how to do this using asp.net?.anyone can help me?.It is very urgent.Plz help me.... Thanks in advance, Arun Kumar.KArunsmile You can not do it using clear ASP.NET. You have to use some kind of binary client for FTP. ASP.NET render to client DHTML only, nothing binary.Leon LangleybenMCSD, ASP.NET MVPBlog...

uploading files using FTP in asp.net
hi, i am uploading files using ftp in asp.net .i am getting the errot like "unable to connect the remote server". i am using the code like this     Protected Sub cmdUpload_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cmdUpload.ClickuploadFileUsingFTP("ftp://192.168.1.6/", "D:\test1.txt") lblMsg.Text = "File Uploaded Successfully :)" End Sub   Public Sub uploadFileUsingFTP(ByVal CompleteFTPPath As String, ByVal CompleteLocalPath As String, Optional ByVal UName As String = "", Optional ByVal PWD As...

What modules should I use to transfer a video scrip through the net?
I am intended to make a scrip to do this: you could send a video scrip from your PC to a friend through the net. At the same time, the receiver should be able to play the video script.Yet, I don't know how to get Perl to do it? Which types of modules I may need? Should I use TCP/IP modules or something else? Surely not HTTP or FTP, right? Which keywords should I use to search in CPAN to find appropriate modules? Thanks! flee20062006@gmail.com wrote: > I am intended to make a scrip to do this: you could send a video scrip > from your PC to a friend through the net. At the...

Getting the file creation time using Net::FTP
Hi to All, Currently, I'm doing a script using the Net::FTP module, this script will just get all the files created on a particular date. The problem right now (which I'm stuck) is that some files don't have creation date and time included in their filename so there's no way I can get those files by not specifying the creation time. Base on the man page for Net::FTP, mdtm() returns the modification time of the file but it did not return anything. Here's a snippet: $file = "sample_file"; $ftp = Net::FTP->new("hostname"); $ftp->logi...

Web resources about - Mulriple File Transfers using NET::FTP module... - perl.perl5.porters

Charge-transfer complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A charge-transfer complex ( CT complex ) or electron-donor-acceptor complex is an association of two or more molecules , or of different parts ...

Report: Apple making tool to let iPhone users easily transfer data to Android following EU telecom operator ...
Apple launched a Move to iOS app in September, pictured, that enables Android users to quickly transfer documents, photos, contacts and other ...

Barcelona Transfer News: Lionel Messi Addresses Exit Rumours at 2015 Ballon d'Or - Bleacher Report
Lionel Messi insisted he will finish his career at Barcelona, categorically ruling out a move to any other club after winning his fifth Ballon ...

Zoning Laws Transfer Wealth in the Wrong Direction
Urban regulations benefit the well-off as the expense of the working class.

FIFA Hit Real Madrid And Atlético With Two-Window Transfer Sanctions
... of FIFA rules regarding the signing of players under the age of 18 and punished with a prohibition on registering any new players for two transfer ...

Copy Hillary Clinton: Transfer Powerball Tickets Now Before Win, Avoid Taxes
If you want to avoid taxes on a Powerball win, take page from Hillary's playbook and assign the ticket now.

TRANSFER OF TERROR Obama plans bulk move of Guantanamo Bay detainees
TRANSFER OF TERROR Obama plans bulk move of Guantanamo Bay detainees

Even Easier Toner Transfer PCBs
One of the most popular methods of homebrew PCB fabrication is the toner transfer process. Compared to UV-sensitive films and CNC mills, the ...

Real Madrid Manager Zinedine Zidane Talks Possible Cristiano Ronaldo Transfer
... to shower the Portuguese forward with a plethora of praise. Not only did he call the soccer star and three time Ballon d’Or winner “non-transferrable,” ...

Lifehacker Money Transfer Showdown: Square Cash vs.
Lifehacker Money Transfer Showdown: Square Cash vs. Venmo vs. PayPal - io9 RIP David Bowie, The Man Who Changed Science Fiction - Kotaku Don’t ...