5.10 is =?iso-8859-1?Q?pass?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?=E9?= - 5.11 is the new orange.

Perl 5.10 is soooo yesterday. All the cool kids are smoking 5.11

----- Forwarded message from Abe Timmerman <abe@ztreet.demon.nl> -----

Subject: Smoke [5.11.0] 32656 FAIL(F) MSWin32 Win2003 SP2 (x86/1 cpu)
To: smokers-reports@perl.org
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:24 +0100
From: Abe Timmerman <abe@ztreet.demon.nl>

Automated smoke report for 5.11.0 patch 32656
jimmy: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60GHz(~1594 MHz) (x86/1 cpu)
    on        MSWin32 - Win2003 SP2
    using     gcc version 3.4.2
    smoketime 3 hours 59 minutes (average 59 minutes 58 seconds)

Summary: FAIL(F)

O = OK  F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom
X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness
? = still running or test results not (yet) available
Build failures during:       - = unknown or N/A
c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after miniperl), t = make test-prep

   32656     Configuration (common) -DCCHOME=C:\MinGW -DCCTYPE=GCC -Dgcc_v3_2
----------- ---------------------------------------------------------
F F         -Duselargefiles
F F         -Duseithreads -Duselargefiles
| +--------- -DDEBUGGING
+----------- no debugging

Locally applied patches:
    DEVEL
    SMOKE32656

Failures: (common-args) -DCCHOME=C:\MinGW -DCCTYPE=GCC -Dgcc_v3_2
[default] -Duselargefiles
[default] -DDEBUGGING -Duselargefiles
    ../lib/File/Temp/t/fork.t...............FAILED 2-8
    ../lib/File/Temp/t/lock.t...............FAILED ??

[default] -Duseithreads -Duselargefiles
[default] -DDEBUGGING -Duseithreads -Duselargefiles
    ../lib/File/Temp/t/lock.t...............FAILED ??




Ooops. Well, not the best start. But blead is now 5.11, and already has
Test-Simple 0.74, B-Lint 1.11, File-Temp, 0.19, Sys-Syslog 0.23,
threads::shared 1.15, Test::Harness 3.05, CGI.pm 3.31.

In particular, it's open season on figuring out how to most effectively run
the regression tests in parallel. Happy hacking. Patches welcome.


Nicholas Clark
0
nick
12/19/2007 9:56:00 PM
perl.perl5.porters 48227 articles. 1 followers. Follow

9 Replies
10725 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 15

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> Perl 5.10 is soooo yesterday. All the cool kids are smoking 5.11

Awesome! :)

So who are the current pumpkins for the various branches?  Are you
doing 5.11 and Rafael maintains 5.10?

And is there a perl-5.10.x/ branch in Perforce already?  It should
then be setup in the APC mechanism for rsync access as well.

Cheers,
-Jan

0
jand
12/19/2007 10:04:53 PM
On Dec 19, 2007 3:56 PM, Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:
> Perl 5.10 is soooo yesterday. All the cool kids are smoking 5.11
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Abe Timmerman <abe@ztreet.demon.nl> -----
>
> Subject: Smoke [5.11.0] 32656 FAIL(F) MSWin32 Win2003 SP2 (x86/1 cpu)
> To: smokers-reports@perl.org
> Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:24 +0100
> From: Abe Timmerman <abe@ztreet.demon.nl>
>
> Automated smoke report for 5.11.0 patch 32656
> jimmy: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60GHz(~1594 MHz) (x86/1 cpu)
>     on        MSWin32 - Win2003 SP2
>     using     gcc version 3.4.2
>     smoketime 3 hours 59 minutes (average 59 minutes 58 seconds)
>
> Summary: FAIL(F)
>
> O = OK  F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom
> X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness
> ? = still running or test results not (yet) available
> Build failures during:       - = unknown or N/A
> c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after miniperl), t = make test-prep
>
>    32656     Configuration (common) -DCCHOME=C:\MinGW -DCCTYPE=GCC -Dgcc_v3_2
> ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------
> F F         -Duselargefiles
> F F         -Duseithreads -Duselargefiles
> | +--------- -DDEBUGGING
> +----------- no debugging
>
> Locally applied patches:
>     DEVEL
>     SMOKE32656
>
> Failures: (common-args) -DCCHOME=C:\MinGW -DCCTYPE=GCC -Dgcc_v3_2
> [default] -Duselargefiles
> [default] -DDEBUGGING -Duselargefiles
>     ../lib/File/Temp/t/fork.t...............FAILED 2-8
>     ../lib/File/Temp/t/lock.t...............FAILED ??
>
> [default] -Duseithreads -Duselargefiles
> [default] -DDEBUGGING -Duseithreads -Duselargefiles
>     ../lib/File/Temp/t/lock.t...............FAILED ??
>
>
>
>
> Ooops. Well, not the best start. But blead is now 5.11, and already has
> Test-Simple 0.74, B-Lint 1.11, File-Temp, 0.19, Sys-Syslog 0.23,
> threads::shared 1.15, Test::Harness 3.05, CGI.pm 3.31.
>
> In particular, it's open season on figuring out how to most effectively run
> the regression tests in parallel. Happy hacking. Patches welcome.
>
>
> Nicholas Clark
>

The File::Temp issue was resolved with change #32657 (missed it by
that much).  The ../lib/File/Temp/t/fork.t looks interesting, so I'll
have to look into that a bit more deeply.

Steve Peters
steve@fisharerojo.org
0
steve
12/19/2007 10:08:06 PM
On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 02:04:53PM -0800, Jan Dubois wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> > Perl 5.10 is soooo yesterday. All the cool kids are smoking 5.11
> 
> Awesome! :)
> 
> So who are the current pumpkins for the various branches?  Are you
> doing 5.11 and Rafael maintains 5.10?

No. I (foolishly) volunteered to get 5.11 set up because Rafael was busy
whereas right now I'm CFT-enabled (which needs to change soon) and wanted it
sorted so that I can apply a few small patches of my own. Which, so far, I
haven't done, as Test::Harness 3 turned out to be a big job.
(ie all afternoon to get to the partial state it is in currently)

But in turn I chose to start with that because the sooner it's in, the
sooner someone somehow can make the regression tests run in parallel, which
will be a big time saver.

> And is there a perl-5.10.x/ branch in Perforce already?  It should
> then be setup in the APC mechanism for rsync access as well.

Not yet. I was going to do that after getting Test::Harness done, but, um,
it occupied all the time until I had to go out for food.

I will do that tomorrow (hopefully morning). Unless anyone else really wants
to do it first.

Nicholas Clark

0
nick
12/19/2007 10:14:06 PM
On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 10:14:06PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 02:04:53PM -0800, Jan Dubois wrote:
> > On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> > > Perl 5.10 is soooo yesterday. All the cool kids are smoking 5.11
> > 
> > Awesome! :)
> > 
> > So who are the current pumpkins for the various branches?  Are you
> > doing 5.11 and Rafael maintains 5.10?

I'm presuming that in theory I'm the maint pumpking for 5.10.x and 5.8.x
for x >= 10, but if anyone else wants to volunteer in the meantime, I
would, er, nobly addicate in their favour.

> I will do that tomorrow (hopefully morning). Unless anyone else really wants
> to do it first.

I'd volunteer to do it, but I'm a little busy at the moment :-(

-- 
Thank God I'm an atheist.....
0
davem
12/19/2007 11:17:25 PM
On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 10:14:06PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 02:04:53PM -0800, Jan Dubois wrote:

> > And is there a perl-5.10.x/ branch in Perforce already?  It should
> > then be setup in the APC mechanism for rsync access as well.
> 
> Not yet. I was going to do that after getting Test::Harness done, but, um,
> it occupied all the time until I had to go out for food.
> 
> I will do that tomorrow (hopefully morning). Unless anyone else really wants
> to do it first.

Now done. Everything seems to be rather busy for me currently.

Nicholas Clark

0
nick
12/22/2007 10:37:49 AM
On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 11:17:25PM +0000, Dave Mitchell wrote:

> I'm presuming that in theory I'm the maint pumpking for 5.10.x and 5.8.x
> for x >= 10, but if anyone else wants to volunteer in the meantime, I
> would, er, nobly addicate in their favour.

For now, assuming it's OK, if there are changes that need to be done in blead
to merge into 5.8.9, I'll merge them to 5.10.x, test, commit, then merge
again to 5.8.x.

> I'd volunteer to do it, but I'm a little busy at the moment :-(

I know that feeling. But I suspect that I'm only a little busy, whereas it
sounds like you're a lot busy.

Nicholas Clark
0
nick
12/22/2007 10:41:20 AM
>>>>> On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 10:37:49 +0000, Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> said:

 >> I will do that tomorrow (hopefully morning). Unless anyone else really wants
 >> to do it first.

  > Now done. Everything seems to be rather busy for me currently.

APC gets the trunk into 5.9.0 at the moment.

-- 
andreas
0
andreas
12/22/2007 8:17:43 PM
--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Disposition: inline
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 10:37:49AM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 10:14:06PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 02:04:53PM -0800, Jan Dubois wrote:
>=20
> > > And is there a perl-5.10.x/ branch in Perforce already?  It should
> > > then be setup in the APC mechanism for rsync access as well.
> >=20
> > Not yet. I was going to do that after getting Test::Harness done, but, =
um,
> > it occupied all the time until I had to go out for food.
> >=20
> > I will do that tomorrow (hopefully morning). Unless anyone else really =
wants
> > to do it first.
>=20
> Now done. Everything seems to be rather busy for me currently.

I think I need perl-5.10.x/ perl-5.10.x-diffs/ in
rsync://public.activestate.com/, which is not there yet.

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature
Content-Disposition: inline

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQFHbXPDfBKgtDjnu0YRAjfCAKDGxRLYMYqmnoIO1hshpcKb3fobEwCfdqhv
3zB47yocwfp/NiY/kk1fDds=
=2Ra3
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9--
0
at
12/22/2007 8:29:55 PM
On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 10:41:20AM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 11:17:25PM +0000, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> 
> > I'm presuming that in theory I'm the maint pumpking for 5.10.x and 5.8.x
> > for x >= 10, but if anyone else wants to volunteer in the meantime, I
> > would, er, nobly addicate in their favour.
> 
> For now, assuming it's OK, if there are changes that need to be done in blead
> to merge into 5.8.9, I'll merge them to 5.10.x, test, commit, then merge
> again to 5.8.x.

Okay.

> > I'd volunteer to do it, but I'm a little busy at the moment :-(
> 
> I know that feeling. But I suspect that I'm only a little busy, whereas it
> sounds like you're a lot busy.

A fun Oracle upgrade thingy: planned for 2 days, its taken 14 solid
days so far (and before that, I had a cold and a Threepenny Opera to light).

Oracle is Hateful software. It now has a really clever backup/recovery
tool called RMAN that under almost all circumstances won't let you
actually restore anything, because it knows better than you.

-- 
O Unicef Clearasil!
Gibberish and Drivel!
    -- "Bored of the Rings"
0
davem
12/22/2007 10:33:31 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Si la firma no es =?ISO-8859-1?Q?v=E1lida_debido_a_un_pr?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?oblema_de_los_valores_de_confianza_de_alg=FA?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?n_certificado=2C_vea_o_cambio_dichos_valores_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?c
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"> <title></title> </head> <body> <p><big><big><big><big><big>Si la firma no es v&aacute;lida debido a un problema resuelto de los valores de confianza de alg&uacute;n certificado, vea o cambio dichos valores con el Gestor de certificados. </big></big></big></big></big></p> <...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Puede_guardar_nombres_y_direcciones_autom=E1ticamente_en_l?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?a_Libreta_de_direcciones_simplemente_contestando_a_un_mens?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?aje.?=
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C3675C.2BA80670 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Puede guardar nombres y direcciones autom=E1ticamente en la Libreta de = direcciones simplemente contestando a un mensaje. ------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C3675C.2BA80670 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equi...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Enhancing_TabView_Accessibility_with_WAI-?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?ARIA_Roles_and_States_=BB_Yahoo!_User_Inter?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?face_Blog?=
Here is to the Mozilla community: http://yuiblog.com/blog/2008/07/30/tabview-aria/ Therein is also a little nodge for NVDA, www.nvda-project.org. Enjoy and spread. Thanks, Victor Thanks Victor! I've added it to http://wiki.codetalks.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_create_accessible_JavaScript_widgets The asynchronous tab pane content loading is an interesting use case for ARIA Live Regions... what do others think? cheers, David Victor Tsaran wrote: > Here is to the Mozilla community: > http://yuiblog.com/blog/2008/07/30/tabview-aria/ > Therein is also a litt...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Discontent_about_Sencha_conference_in_L?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?ondon_-_=A3799_for_a_very_shoddy_experience?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_it_seems?=
http://www.amberweinberg.com/overpriced-developer-conferences/ wow, that sounds bad. ...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Microsoft=AE_Windows=AE_Cryptographic_Next_Generation_Soft?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?ware_Development_Kit_for_Windows_Vista_and_Windows_Server_?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?2008?=
Brief Description Windows CNG SDK Version 1.3 The CNG SDK contains documentation, code, and tools designed to help you develop cryptographic applications and libraries targeting the Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 Operating Systems. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ef399e9-b018-49db-a98b-0ced7cb8ff6f&DisplayLang=en -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Using_WAI-ARIA_Roles_and_States_with_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?the_YUI_Menu_Control_=BB_Yahoo!_User_Interf?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?ace_Blog?=
Hello everyone, Just wanted to share with you our blog entry about the new version of the ARIA-enabled menu from the Yahoo! User Interface Library http://yuiblog.com/blog/2007/12/21/menu-waiaria/ This is published worldwide on YDN. The cool thing about the new menu is that we are using the ARIA roles and states in the way they work starting from Firefox3. So please test away and share with the rest. Regards, Victor ...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Almacena_el_estado_actual_del_documento_como_una_versi=F3n?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?_distinta._Haga_clic_en_Guardar_ahora_y_despu=E9s_escriba_?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?un_comentario_acerca_de_la_versi=
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C37005.5CE2F130 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Almacena el estado actual del documento como una versi=F3n distinta. = Haga clic en Guardar ahora y despu=E9s escriba un comentario acerca de = la versi=F3n en el cuadro Comentarios acerca de la versi=F3n. ------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C37005.5CE2F130 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F3lo_puede_enviar_su_respuesta_a_m=E1s_de_un_grupo_de_no?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?ticias_a_la_vez_si_est=E1n_en_el_mismo_servidor_de_noticia?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?s.?=
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0083_01C36764.B2F4BD00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable S=F3lo puede enviar su respuesta a m=E1s de un grupo de noticias a la = vez si est=E1n en el mismo servidor de noticias. ------=_NextPart_000_0083_01C36764.B2F4BD00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?werbung_im_internet_geld_verdienen_=2C_schnell_viel_ge?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?ld_gewinnen_=2C_wirklich_geld_im_internet_verdienen_=2C_geld_ver?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?diene_im_internet_=2C_ich_schne
werbung im internet geld verdienen , schnell viel geld gewinnen , wirklich geld im internet verdienen , geld verdiene im internet , ich schnelles geld machen , sicher geld machen , spielen und echtes geld gewinnen wie wo , m=F6glichkeiten im internet geld , * * * +++ SOFORT GEWINN +++ REICH WERDEN +++ * http://WWW.SOFORT-GEWINN-JETZT-1.NET http://WWW.SOFORT-GEWINN-JETZT-1.NET http://WWW.SOFORT-GEWINN-JETZT-1.NET http://WWW.SOFORT-GEWINN-JETZT-1.NET http://WWW.SOFORT-GEWINN-JETZT-1.NET http://WWW.SOFORT-GEWINN-JETZT-1.NET * * * online spielen und geld kann man on...

=?iso-8859-1?q?Smartphone_Alcatel_com_op=E7=E3o_para_3_sistemas_?= =?iso-8859-1?q?operacionais=3A_Android=2C_Windows_Phone_e_FirefoxO?= =?iso-8859-1?q?S?=
http://g1.globo.com/tecnologia/ces/2015/noticia/2015/01/alcatel-lanca-relogio-e-celular-com-opcao-para-3-sistemas-operacionais.html O que vcs acham? ...

=?iso-8859-1?q?Smartphone_Alcatel_com_op=E7=E3o_para_3_sistemas_?= =?iso-8859-1?q?operacionais=3A_Android=2C_Windows_Phone_e_FirefoxO?= =?iso-8859-1?q?S?=
http://g1.globo.com/tecnologia/ces/2015/noticia/2015/01/alcatel-lanca-relogio-e-celular-com-opcao-para-3-sistemas-operacionais.html O que vcs acham? ...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Problem_selecting_signing_certificate_in_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thunderbird=2E_It=B4s_a_UTF-8_codification_issu?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?e=3F?=
Hi all, I�m trying to configure a user certificate for mail signing purposes in Thunderbird (I�ve tested it in 1.5 and 2.0 versions with identical results). This certificate is stored in a smart card, and I access to it through a correctly installed PKCS11 module. The DN of my user certificate has special caracters, like �, or �. When ThunderBird allows me to choose the user certificate that I want to use for mail signing, it shows me only its serial number ("3C:91:44:B1") in the certificate selection menu. My problem emerges because thunderbird show me this option wi...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?immobilienfinanzierung_trotz_schufa_=2C_g=FCnstige_immo?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?bilienkredit_=2C_immobilienfinanzierung_kfw_=2C_bauspardarlehen_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?oder_=2C_baufinanzierung_laufz
immobilienfinanzierung trotz schufa , g=FCnstige immobilienkredit , immobilienfinanzierung kfw , bauspardarlehen oder , baufinanzierung laufzeit , eigenheimzulage 2 kind , 1 hypothek 2 hypothek , + + +++ GUENSTIGE KREDITE ONLINE +++ KREDITE IM INTERNET OHNE SCHUFA IMMOBILIEN +++ + http://WWW.IMMOBILIEN-KREDIT-ONLINE.NL http://WWW.IMMOBILIEN-KREDIT-ONLINE.NL http://WWW.IMMOBILIEN-KREDIT-ONLINE.NL http://WWW.IMMOBILIEN-KREDIT-ONLINE.NL http://WWW.IMMOBILIEN-KREDIT-ONLINE.NL http://WWW.IMMOBILIEN-KREDIT-ONLINE.NL http://WWW.IMMOBILIEN-KREDIT-ONLINE.NL http://WWW.IMMOBILIEN-KREDIT...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?applying_git_patches_and_about_commit_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Adjust_conflicting_documentation_about_=5Cs_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?vis-=E0-vis_=5CcK=22?=
I thought we had code to prevent commits like this from ever happening again (see http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2013/06/msg202629.html ) http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commitdiff/2941e8b221c62b36c8b953d6149d63ce7ebedba4 On Wed, Apr 02, 2014 at 12:43:46AM -0400, bulk88 wrote: > I thought we had code to prevent commits like this from ever > happening again (see http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2013/06/msg202629.html > ) > > http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commitdiff/2941e8b221c62b36c8b953d6149d63ce7ebedba4 The code i...

POE::Component::Client::Ident =?ISO-8859-1?Q?doesn=B4t_toleran?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?t_identd_answers_with_just_=5Cn_as_line_s?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?eperator?=
--------------090906020105070402050204 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Hi POE Developers, I�ve found a weakness in POE::Component::Client::Ident and accordingly POE/Component/Client/Ident/Agent.pm: It doesn�t support identd answers with just "\n" as line sperator. Only "\r\n" is supported. Example: 00000000 33 34 30 34 2c 20 35 38 31 32 31 0d 0a 3404, 58 121.. 00000000 33 34 30 34 2c 20 35 38 31 32 31 20 ...

Web resources about - 5.10 is =?iso-8859-1?Q?pass?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?=E9?= - 5.11 is the new orange. - perl.perl5.porters

Resources last updated: 12/28/2015 10:31:03 AM