[perl5-porters@perl.org: perl5-porters@perl.org]

Subject: perl5-porters@perl.org
To: perl5-porters@perl.org
From: perl5-porters@perl.org
Date: perl5-porters@perl.org

Now that can't be right!

Ronald
0
rjk

reading perl5-porters via Gmane.org
Mailman has an option: "Mail delivery: Set this option to Enabled to receive messages posted to this mailing list. Set it to Disabled if you want to stay subscribed, but don't want mail delivered to you" However perl5-porters does not use Mailman, hence those of us already reading via http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.comp.lang.perl.perl5.porters (or Gmane's NNTP interface) must throw the mail away with .procmailrc. Is there any better way without unsubscribing, and thus not being able to post. P.S. can the administrators of perl5-porters unblock jidanni.org pleas...

update http://lists.cpan.org/showlist.cgi?name=perl5-porters
Please tell the folks who run http://lists.cpan.org/showlist.cgi?name=perl5-porters that they might as well not list http://www.mail-archive.com/perl5-porters@perl.org/ as it hasn't been updated since 2005. I would tell them, but I have trouble contacting administrators. -- Original From still blocked. On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 3:29 PM, jidanni@jidanni.org <jidanni@hoffa.dreamhost.com> wrote: > Please tell the folks who run > http://lists.cpan.org/showlist.cgi?name=perl5-porters > that they might as well not list > http://www.mail-archive.com/perl5-porters@pe...

subscribe perl5-porters
subscribe perl5-porters ...

Thank you, perl5 porters!
I am happy to report that bleadperl 16147 has built successfully on VOS and has passed all of its tests. There is only one local patch, to vos.c, which is already in the repository but not in this snapshot. I may yet find more things to change, but this is an important milestone to me; this is the first time I've passed all of the tests on the first try. Whoopee!!! A thousand thanks to everyone who has assisted me in the effort to get perl 5.7 ported to the Stratus VOS operating system. I started working on this effort last October. If I had known how long it would take, or...

where is the perl5-porters FAQ ?
On http://lists.cpan.org/showlist.cgi?name=perl5-porters there is link to the perl5-porters FAQ at http://simon-cozens.org/writings/p5p-faq which does not exist any more. Sending e-mail to perl5-porters-faq@perl.org still works so I have the document now but it would be good to update the link on that site. Gabor gabor@perl.org.il (Gabor Szabo) writes: > On > http://lists.cpan.org/showlist.cgi?name=perl5-porters > there is link to the perl5-porters FAQ at > http://simon-cozens.org/writings/p5p-faq > which does not exist any more. You could mail me about i...

this decade on perl5-porters
As a side effect of something else, I found myself digging around in the archives of Perl5-Porters from quite a long time ago. For example, take a look at the archives from 10 years ago: http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/perl5-porters/9608/threads.html Several names you see there are still active today, and others are still in contact, which is nice. Although I was surprised to discover that Jarkko had a different .sig back then. Nicholas Clark ...

This week on Perl5-porters
[Apologies for the unannounced leave of absence: the conference had me very busy. - SC] The HTML version will be up in a few hours (if it isn't already) at http://www.perl.com/pub/2001/08/p5pdigest/THISWEEK-20010815.html The current report is always available at http://www.perl.com/p5pdigest.cgi An RSS file of this week's report will be available at http://www.perl.com/pub/2001/08/p5pdigest/THISWEEK-20010815.rss The current RSS file is always available at http://www.perl.com/p5pdigest.cgi?s=rdf The archive of past reports: ...

perl5-porters events at TPC5
I've organized two (2) events for perl5-porters at TPC. The Serious Meeting, 7:30PM on Monday I just mailed out the agenda for this. The Party, 8:00PM on Thursday Let me know if you're planning to attend (if you've already confirmed with me, no need to do so again). Do not confuse them. There are no prepared talks for The Party, except for the bit where Jarkko gets really drunk and starts telling about the time he tripped in a Finnish brewery, woke up with a tour party of Catholic schoolgirls around him, and it took them fifteen minutes to convince him he had...

[FAQ] perl5-porters FAQ
Welcome to perl5-porters! Welcome to the Perl development mailing list, perl5-porters. Whether you're here to watch the latest directions in Perl's development, or to get actively involved yourself, this FAQ will hopefully help you understand some of what goes on here. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- 1) Administration 1.1) Help! How do I unsubscribe? Send mail to <perl5-porters-unsubscribe@perl.org>, and await a response. Once you reply to the response, you'll be unsubscribed. 1.2) I'm not subscribed - how ...

How does one unsubscribe to perl5-porters
Some of us out here are trying to unsubscribe from this list, but can't figure out how to do it. I've searched through www.perl.org for any info, but haven't found anything that has helped. I've tried sending email to perl5-porters-list@perl.org, majordomo@perl.org, and majordomo@hfb.pm.org. Only the last one responded and it doesn't run this list. -Eric The easiest way is to look for unsubscribe information in the messages to you (this applies to all mailing lists). Some lists have the information at the bottom of the message. Some lists (this one) has ...

perl5-porters meeting tonight
7:30pm in Marina II. See you there! Nat ...

perlbug -> perl5-porters broken ?
Is it normal that bugs submitted to: perlbug@perl.org don't show up in p5p ? Shouldn't we get back a bug ticket too ? By now perlbug looks like a black-hole. Fran�ois D�sarm�nien At 13:48 +0000 1999.09.29, Fran�ois D�sarm�nien wrote: >Is it normal that bugs submitted to: > >perlbug@perl.org > >don't show up in p5p ? > >Shouldn't we get back a bug ticket too ? > >By now perlbug looks like a black-hole. Yep, seems that way to me, too. If you do a search on http://bugs.perl.org/ for the last month of bugs, the last entry ...

perl5-porters as prophesied by Gary Larson
http://www.iki.fi/jhi/arg.gif ....and to soften any copyright breach accusations: if you don't already own all the Gary Larson albums, go buy them, now. If you already have them, go buy another set. -- $jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ # There is this special biologist word we use for 'stable'. # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen Jarkko Hietaniemi writes: > > http://www.iki.fi/jhi/arg.gif > > ...and to soften any copyright breach accusations: if you don't > already own all the Gary Larson albums, go buy them, now. ...

State of the perl5-porters nntp server?
I've not been able to get a successful connection to news.perl.org for several days - is there a general problem occuring, or something specific to my site? -- Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem. Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden@cas.org> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/> Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should be construed as representing my employer's opinions. -><- ...

This month on perl5-porters (August 2006)
This month on perl5-porters - August 2006 "Insistent rumors claim that we used to have Perl compilable with C++ -- I doubt it a bit, given the kind of problems I found when doing this latest cleanup work." -- Jarkko Hietaniemi, having now found a new wall against which to bang his head. Topics of Interest Perl 5.9.4 is out Rafael Garcia-Suarez posted the first draft of the delta that explained all the new goodies in the latest development release of Perl, 5.9.4. perl594delta http://xrl.us/rny2 He made a number of changes based...

Web resources about - [perl5-porters@perl.org: perl5-porters@perl.org] - perl.perl5.porters