Problem porting executable

Hi all,

i have installed PAR 0.75 and ActiveState PERL 5.8.0 working on
win NT (work) and win XP (home). For testing Win 2k and Win 98 is
also available.
My program is very simple:

use Tk;
$main = MainWindow -> new;
$main->Label(-text=>"Hallo")->pack;
MainLoop;

using pp to create an exe file works fine:
pp -o gui-test_pp.exe gui-test.pl

but as soon as I try to run the exe on another machine i get the
following error:
E:\temp>gui-test_pp
Can't locate loadable object for module IO in @INC (@INC
contains: CODE(0x7cb998
) .) at ../blib/lib/PAR/Heavy.pm line 101
Compilation failed in require at
C:/PROGRA~1/Perl/lib/IO/Handle.pm line 256.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
C:/PROGRA~1/Perl/lib/IO/Handle.pm line 256.

Compilation failed in require at
C:/PROGRA~1/Perl/lib/IO/Seekable.pm line 101.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
C:/PROGRA~1/Perl/lib/IO/Seekable.pm line 10
1.
Compilation failed in require at C:/PROGRA~1/Perl/lib/IO/File.pm
line 112.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
C:/PROGRA~1/Perl/lib/IO/File.pm line 112.
Compilation failed in require at par.pl line 310.

does anyone has a clue whats happening here?

Thomas
 Thomas Barthel                         mail: thomas.barthel@epost.de

              "Truth, justice and fuck the american way"
0
mr
10/17/2003 8:12:55 AM
perl.par 1171 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Par in a Par Problem
--------------enig270BAE432E2B9CEF90D3EBFD Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------070803030909030002080707" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070803030909030002080707 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Try as I may, try as I might, I can't get this to work. I have four pars made using: > par.pl -p UNPACKED_CPAN_DIST_DIR I then put them into a directory called par, and zip that directory into catalyst.par (attached). Now, this does't seem to work for me: > perl -MPA...

Problem porting executable #2
Hi all, i have installed PAR 0.75 and ActiveState PERL 5.8.0 working on win NT (work) and win XP (home). For testing Win 2k and Win 98 is also available. My program is very simple: use Tk; $main = MainWindow -> new; $main->Label(-text=>"Hallo")->pack; MainLoop; using pp to create an exe file works fine: pp -o gui-test_pp.exe gui-test.pl but as soon as I try to run the exe on another machine i get the following error: E:\temp>gui-test_pp Can't locate loadable object for module IO in @INC (@INC contains: CODE(0x7cb998 ) .) at ../blib/lib/PAR/...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Hans Halvorsen Email: capricorn_at_online.no Product: Thunderbird Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: Hi, I downloaded Thunderbird some time ago, and I was over-satisfied whit it and how well it worked. In fact it worked 100% PERFECTLY UNTIL I got an newer update version of it. Since then I' ve had nothing BUT trouble! I've checked adresses, notes, password, deleted accounts and made new one's, checked sign-ins and sign-outs, passwords inside and out, upside and down, so many times that my frustration now is about to turn into pure and major ...

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: I use FF all the time for work - I'm a software tester - the add-ons are invaluable. But v3.5 really has been a disappointment. It just keeps hanging all the time. And when Internet Explorer windows pop up, FF often just dies. It can't even restart itself - I have to manually kill the process every time; every update, every add-on that updates, "restart" fails - it's so frustrating. I hope v3.6 will be addressing this - PLEASE! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7....

PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS. Comments: Does Google's Chrome browser block out Firefox? Am having a lot of trouble getting Firefox to run after I run Chrome. No trouble what-so- ever before running Chrome. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see ...

Problems problems and problems.
Name: A.A. Product: Firefox Summary: Problems problems and problems. Comments: I am not specific, but in short I can not use This site to listen music anymore, while I can in IE explorer. Just to let you guys know, new version messed something up. http://hypem.com/ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Problems Problems Problems
So, I have OpenSUSE installed on my laptop and everything is working well, except the wireless. It almost seems that every time I run a KDE distro I can not get the internet to work. I've run YaST and used iwconfig. nothing is working for me. Please help -ZAD -- zadnik18 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ someone is going to tell you to supply some more information 'My wireless doesn't work - a primer on what I should do next - openSUSE Forums' (http://tinyurl.com/6peanc) this is one of the stick...

Problem executing renamed executable
I've written a program that takes a standard base executable (also written by me), and renames it a user specified name. At the same time, a binary resource is added to the executable. The base executable is a simple interpreter and the binary resource is a program created by a user. (I used to keep the program and interpreter as separate files in the past, but now I just want one exe file for everything). Under Windows 7, it appears to be impossible to run the renamed executable without UAC dialog invoking. Additionally, it is also impossible to "UnBlock" the ...

Problems un-archiving par executable under windows 98
I have a par Windows executable created by pp -o ExecutableName.exe perl-script.pl It runs fine under Windows 2000 and Windows XP, but at least one Windows 98 user is reporting a problem; When the executable is run, it fails with the following message: creation of C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\par-*\cache-long-hex-looking-number/perl58.dll failed - aborting with 2. 0where the asterisk is apparently really character 12 (0xC), the Form Feed symbol, displayed to the user as the female symbol, and "long-hex-looking-number" is, in fact, a long number consisting of the digits 0-9, a-f....

Wierd problem.. Developer-execute does not do the same as compiled execute ?
Is this a well known issue ?? It's hard to explain what is happening, but the very small program shall read from a DB-table and if it contains something predefined, it shall the write in another DB-table.. It's only a little part of the program, but it's the only part that does not work correctly ? It works perfectly if I debug through, and also if I execute the program within PB7.0.. Please help.. I have no clue ! -- Kind regards Dennis Bostr�m Systemudvikler Bil-Info A/S Dennis@bilinfo.dk It would help if you could explain what the problem is, i.e. i...

Problem with my problem?
Hi, folks. Three days ago, I posted that Sunbird was refusing to import the ICS file from the Firefox Calendar Extension. Nobody replied, so I can only assume that one of three situations exists: 1) The file is corrupt, and no one wants to give me the bad news; 2) This is a known problem with Sunbird, but no one knows the solution; 3) Everyone is hard at work 24/7 trying to figure out the solution to my problem (LOL). I've already discovered that I can copy and paste each event from the calendar extension to Sunbird one by one. Before I devote many hours of my life to th...

Not a par problem
Hello, I would like to ask a few people who have a Windows2000 or WindowsXP machine to run a short code snippet. There is no one forum on which to ask for this, so I am picking on this par forum and asking for forgiveness for interrupting your normal flow of thought. I am in communication with the author of Win32::Process::Info about an Activestate Windows fork problem versus Win32::Process::Info. The author has responded at http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=24286 It seems that the mere presence of a "use Win32::Process::Info" statement, along wi...

problem? what problem?
I just wanted to say is: Opensuse 11.2 gives many problems in comparison to other linux and possibly other previous opensuse. lol!lol!lol! I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. I like to...MOVE IT! rotfl! -- batou ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Crack is bad for you, you should lay down the habit. -- *it*'s all a game, avoiding failure, when true colors will bleed, all in the name of misbehavior and the things we don't need and more than ever, I hope to neve...

problems, problems
Name: gabriel sanchez Email: deliverezeatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: problems, problems Comments: how can i set up google search box next to my address bar and keep it that way? When installing an app from a site it just disrupted my set up and mozilla does not offer direct support anywhere Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 GTB5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide...

Web resources about - Problem porting executable - perl.par

Executable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... . However, in a more general sense, a file containing instructions (such as bytecode ) for a software interpreter may also be considered executable ...

The Care and Feeding of Weird Machines Found in Executable Metadata [29c3] - YouTube
The Care and Feeding of Weird Machines Found in Executable Metadata The Executable and Linkable Format (ELF) is omnipresent; related OS and library ...

Agile Test Case Management – Specifications and Executable Specifications
... from the first three posts in this series and we’re well into realm of dangerous with Specification and their automated compatriots, Executable ...

Should You Recompile Your Software as a 64-Bit Executable?
Describes the 64-bit features available in OS X. As a general rule, in OS X v10.7 and later, the answer is probably yes. A 64-bit executable ...

For a year, gang operating rogue Tor node infected Windows executables
... Tor exit node. F-Secure Three weeks ago, a security researcher uncovered a Tor exit node that added malware to uncompressed Windows executables ...

Easily create icons from images or executables
... There is an easy solution to this problem, though, and it’s called Quick Any2Ico . Point this compact free program at an image or executable ...

Analysis Nirvana Via Stripped Executables and Binaries?
CodeSonar for binaries identifies security vulnerabilities in third-party executables

AMD’s GPU performance under Linux can be boosted by renaming certain executables
A new report claims that CS:Go players with AMD Radeon GPUs on Linux can boost performance significantly by renaming files.

Patent US5432937 - Method and apparatus for architecture independent executable files - Google Patents ...
The present invention is a method that enables single release of applications for multiple architectures and operating systems and to provide ...

pefile - pefile is a Python module to read and work with PE (Portable Executable) files - Google Project ...
pefile is a multi-platform Python module to read and work with Portable Executable (aka PE) files . Most of the information in the PE Header ...