Module-Starter's t/module-starter.t has skip_all

Hi all!

As can be seen here:

* http://module-starter.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/t/module-starter.t

Module::Starter's t/module-starter.t has the following lines:

{{{{{{{{{{
use Test::More;
plan skip_all => "these tests must be completely rewritten";
}}}}}}}}}}

It also seems none of them test for the contents of the files, but only for
their existence.

What can be done about it and when will it be fixed? I wanted to improve the
M-S support for software licences, but now it seems that I cannot add
regression tests for this task easily.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

The Case for File Swapping - http://xrl.us/bjn7i

I met a guy in the bar, talked to her and she gave me her phone number.
0
shlomif
7/25/2008 7:50:12 PM
perl.module-authors 1532 articles. 0 followers. Follow

* Shlomi Fish <shlomif@iglu.org.il> [2008-07-25T15:50:12]
> {{{{{{{{{{
> use Test::More;
> plan skip_all => "these tests must be completely rewritten";
> }}}}}}}}}}
>
> It also seems none of them test for the contents of the files, but only for
> their existence.

These tests have *never* been used and were added by a patch that added other
features.  They are a total catastrophe, and saying that they need to be fixed
is missing the point.

We should have end-to-end tests, but do not.

> What can be done about it and when will it be fixed? I wanted to improve the
> M-S support for software licences, but now it seems that I cannot add
> regression tests for this task easily.

You can write end-to-end tests prior to adding that feature.  I realize this is
non-trivial.

For my part, I think the chances of my doing this work in the next year is
nearly zero.

--
rjbs
0
On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Shlomi Fish <shlomif@iglu.org.il> wrote:
> What can be done about it and when will it be fixed?

Sounds like a bummer, but I'm not sure what you want the
module-authors list to do about it.

 -Ken
0
kenahoo

Help understanding module-starter aka Module::Starter
Hi, I'm preparing a module for CPAN and I used module-starter to set it up. I think I understand all the files it created except one: t/boilerplate.t What does it do? -- Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth, Shawn Programming is as much about organization and communication as it is about coding. My favourite four-letter word is "Done!" On Jul 30, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Shawn H. Corey wrote: > Hi, > > I'm preparing a module for CPAN and I used module-starter to set it > up. I think I understand all the files it created except...

why CSK's Admin Module didn't use CSK'S skin and SkinnedCommunityControl .
For example: EditUsers admin module is made by 3 .aspx "Default.aspx, EditRoles.aspx, EditUser.aspx" it did not divide to skin and SkinnedCommunityControl . Did the author think it 's too complex to write in this way? Why would you need the admin section to be themed? It isn't a user area of the site so there is little reason to have it skinnable on a per-community basis. Also, the admin tools do not require any of the standard controls used in the regular content areas of the site, so there was little incentive to use the theme design pattern on them. It would ...

Tail Module + DBI Module, can't keep up!
Hello! I have a bit of a problem with a script and am hoping someone will have an idea as to how I can mitigate the problem. Basically I have a syslog server that receives messages from various hosts and logs them to /var/log/ files. One of these remote hosts is a firewall which is sending all of it's access information and logging it to /var/log/loghosts/firewall.log. We need a web gui for this host that allows management to see recently downloaded files, denied URLs, etc. So I wrote a perl script which uses the Tail module to constantly tail this file, parsing each line and insert...

modules, modules

Module in Module

One of the iManager's doesn't have 'Module Installation' under Configure?
Well, I'm a bit 'confused', one of the servers' imanager doesn't have the Module Installation showing under Configure. What to do? NW6.5SP5upd1 -- /fribse Please ask this in the iManager forum, thanks. -- Andrew C Taubman Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp http://support.novell.com/forums (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Novell Inc. NetwareGuy wrote: >one of the servers' imanager doesn't have >the Module Installation showing under Configure. uninstall and r...

Re: Tail Module + DBI Module, can\'t keep up!
--1948116450-749258876-1316104001=:84666 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Separate the process into two steps and figure out which step should be fixed first. 1. Parse the log with Tail and dump the data to plain file. 2. Load the plain file with DBI (are you using batch insert?) --1948116450-749258876-1316104001=:84666-- --_30f15924-9bd0-4c31-8bc7-eac0b11d6636_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable =20 > Date: Thu=2C 15 Sep 2011 09:26:41 -0700 > From: tigerpeng2001@yahoo.com > Subject: R...

How do I force delete a module from a page when that module doesn't load?
All, I have a few modules here for my intranet site that I re-organized a bit to facilitate deployment. As a side effect one ascx moved from one desktopmodule to another. I changed the module definition on the site to point to the new ascx location. The module refuses to load where it's already being used. Adding the module to the same page works fine, the module works ok if freshly added. No biggie, I should simply delete the old module. That doesn't work. It fails silently in that the delete operation appears to work but the module is still there. The error that gets displayed i...

Module won't die! Page won't die!
Hi, I've got a module on my page...it's all blanked out...(remnant of the site before it deleted my desktop modules directory and I had to reinstall the modules) that is returning an error. So I tried to delete this module but it won't delete. So I then deleted the page and that worked...except I can't delete the page out of the recycle bin. Any help? Quick Tip, Go straight to the database. Note the tab name, module name and any extra information related to the modules content. 1. If content is stored in table (e.g. HtmlText) go to the modules Table search for deleted modules (IsD...

Show Module on Add Tabs doesn't show module on admin tabs?
I've written a menu module to "replace" solpartmenu, which I have removed from my skin completely. To make it display across the whole site, I checked "Show Module on All tabs" and the module is working fine, but on the admin tabs (for example, on the file manager tab) my menu module does not show. I hunted through the code, and found this code in skin.vb. ' modules which are displayed on all tabs should not be displayed on the Admin or Super tabs If _moduleSettings.AllTabs = False Or IsAdminTab(_portalSettings.ActiveTab.TabId, _portalSettings.ActiveTab.ParentId) ...

News
Hi, I'm searching for a powerfull News / Article module for DNN 2.x Of course i'm ready to buy a payware but i can't find any module of that type in snowcovered or elsewhere. So if you are a module developper i suggest this would be a great enhancement to DNN and a suitable market if your final product is good. What i'm looking for exactly ? In fact something like a newspaper content management. Be able to create categories, then create articles attached to these cats (with description, full article, picture thumbs, source, author, auto-archive, related articles, send this to a ...

checksetup.pl says I don't have a module installed, but install-module.pl says I do
Hi all! I upgraded my webserver from Ubuntu 13.10 to Ubuntu 14.04.1. Now Bugzilla(= 4.2) complains that "Perl API version v5.14.0 of DBI does not match v5.18.0= ". When I run checksetup, it can't find my MySQL DBD driver module. However, = when I run install-module, it says that "DBD::mysql is up to date" and list= s off the version number (4.028). I have (to be safe) uninstalled and rein= stalled my OS's version of the driver. I'm assuming that Bugzilla has cached some old version of the module or som= ething, but I can't find out where it...

Module upgrade probs. DNN doesn't add new panes to module def.

Why isn't CPANPLUS anywhere under CPAN's by-module directory
Please see the following Google search: http://xrl.us/kauu It shows that CPANPLUS is not anywhere under CPAN's by-module directory. This makes it harder to fetch its archive programatically. My question is: why? Regards, Shlomi Fish --------------------------------------------------------------------- Shlomi Fish shlomif@iglu.org.il Homepage: http://www.shlomifish.org/ 95% of the programmers consider 95% of the code they did not write, in the bottom 5%. >>>>> On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 19:05:34 +0200, Shlomi Fish <shlomif@iglu.org.il> s...

Web resources about - Module-Starter's t/module-starter.t has skip_all - perl.module-authors