Looking for help with Net::SSH::Perl & Net::SFTP

I recently took over ownership of these two modules because they were
causing problems with Bricolage, and it had been 2 years since the last
releases.  However, I'm not an expert in either of these protocols, nor in
networking in general, so if someone out there is interested in helping
work on these modules, please let me know.  I've set up an SF project for
it, and there's a mailing list
(https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ssh-sftp-perl-users).  I'm
waiting for the original maintainer, Benjamin Trott, to give me the CVS
repos of these projects so I can have them imported at SF, at which point
I'll check in my changes.

So if you're interested in working on these modules, get yourself a
sourceforge account and let me know the username so I can give you CVS
access.

Also, any suggestions on where else to post this?

-dave

/*=======================
House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com
=======================*/
0
autarch
11/19/2003 7:31:41 PM
perl.module-authors 1602 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3AED4.B7A1A630

>Also, any suggestions on where else to post this?

I would say a mail to Graham Barr might be in order.

  :-)

Yves

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3AED4.B7A1A630

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2654.89">
<TITLE>RE: Looking for help with Net::SSH::Perl &amp; Net::SFTP</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>&gt;Also, any suggestions on where else to post this?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>I would say a mail to Graham Barr might be in order.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>&nbsp; :-)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Yves</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3AED4.B7A1A630--
0
yves
11/19/2003 7:38:33 PM
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Orton, Yves wrote:

> >Also, any suggestions on where else to post this?
>
> I would say a mail to Graham Barr might be in order.

He's a busy guy.  I doubt he'd want more work.

-dave

/*=======================
House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com
=======================*/
0
autarch
11/19/2003 7:43:19 PM
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3AED5.9C7EAB40

> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Orton, Yves wrote:
>
> > >Also, any suggestions on where else to post this?
> >
> > I would say a mail to Graham Barr might be in order.
>
> He's a busy guy.  I doubt he'd want more work.

I more meant that being the man with the Net:: that he would be a good
person to speak to about these tings, if only for suggestions on where else
to post this request.

Yves

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3AED5.9C7EAB40

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2654.89">
<TITLE>RE: Looking for help with Net::SSH::Perl &amp; Net::SFTP</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Orton, Yves wrote:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; &gt; &gt;Also, any suggestions on where else to =
post this?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; &gt;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; &gt; I would say a mail to Graham Barr might be =
in order.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; He's a busy guy.&nbsp; I doubt he'd want more =
work.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I more meant that being the man with the Net:: that =
he would be a good person to speak to about these tings, if only for =
suggestions on where else to post this request.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Yves</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3AED5.9C7EAB40--
0
yves
11/19/2003 7:44:57 PM
yves.orton@de.mci.com (Yves Orton) writes:
> I more meant that being the man with the Net::

Oh, you still believe that namespace ownership actually exists in practice?
How quaint.

Maybe I shouldn't have uploaded my latest module into Tie::, because that's
owned by...

--
Remember, any design flaw you're sufficiently snide about becomes a
feature

> yves.orton@de.mci.com (Yves Orton) writes:
> > I more meant that being the man with the Net::
>
> Oh, you still believe that namespace ownership actually
> exists in practice?
> How quaint.
>
> Maybe I shouldn't have uploaded my latest module into Tie::,
> because that's
> owned by...

Apparently by SCO, or so they claim.... ;-)

No, I wasnt meaning to imply he had some sort of right to the Net::
namespace, but he is responsible for the most commonly known Net:: modules,
and presuambly would have considerable knowledge about who is interested in
these things etc...

But anyway, I was just trying to be helpful, not trying to kick up a
controversy.

Yves

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3AF57.13016560

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2654.89">
<TITLE>RE: Looking for help with Net::SSH::Perl &amp; Net::SFTP</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; yves.orton@de.mci.com (Yves Orton) =
writes:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; &gt; I more meant that being the man with the =
Net::</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Oh, you still believe that namespace ownership =
actually </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; exists in practice?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; How quaint. </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Maybe I shouldn't have uploaded my latest =
module into Tie::, </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; because that's</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; owned by...</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Apparently by SCO, or so they claim.... ;-)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>No, I wasnt meaning to imply he had some sort of =
right to the Net:: namespace, but he is responsible for the most =
commonly known Net:: modules, and presuambly would have considerable =
knowledge about who is interested in these things etc...</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>But anyway, I was just trying to be helpful, not =
trying to kick up a controversy.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Yves</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3AF57.13016560--
0
yves
11/20/2003 11:11:41 AM
* Simon Cozens <simon@simon-cozens.org> [2003-11-20 11:54]:
> Oh, you still believe that namespace ownership actually exists
> in practice?  How quaint.

I think you're reading far too much into Yves' mail.. (Yes, I
know he's spoken up, but I wanted to voice a bystander's
opinion.)

--
Regards,
Aristotle

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."
0
pagaltzis
11/21/2003 2:20:35 PM
* Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> [2003-11-19 20:32]:
> Also, any suggestions on where else to post this?

PerlMonks might be a good place, as is clpm, I assume.

--
Regards,
Aristotle

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."
0
pagaltzis

Difference between ASP.Net , VB.Net & VS.Net
I'm confused, I saw two books 1- Sams Visual Basic.Net (Web Programming) 2- Sams ASP.Net How are both VB.Net and ASP.Net for web programming? and what is VS.Net ? Can anybody clear this concept plz. Regards Visual Basic .NET is a programming language that can be applied to applications in many different platforms, including Windows applications and web (ASP.NET) applications. VS.NET is Visual Studio .NET, an integrated development environment you can use to build applications. It is not required, however. You can use text editors and command line compilers, ...

Looking for really good books about vb.net 2005 & ado.net
Well, the title says it all. I also need a book about asp.net 2.0, but after reading the board, the answer will be "Professional ASP.NET 2.0", I suppose :).Well, what good books are there about vb.net 2005 & ado.net??? What ever you do, don't waste your money on Professional ASP.Net 2.0 (Wrox).  It was very elementary in its approach and it doesn't go into a lot detail.  I am still researching because I waste money again.  In the meanwhile, you might want to pre-order ASP Unleashed 2005 by Stephen Walther. RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryano...

Good ASP.NET book with VB.NET & VS.NET.
Hi, I'm looking for a good ASP.NET book that used VB.NET & VS.NET to develop web application. Most of the peoples recommend ASP.NET Unleashed from Sams, but this book is using notepad or textpad to write code. I'm look the one used VB.Net & VS.NET to development ASP.NET applications. Any recommend on this ? Thanks. The ASP.Net books that I have read through are : 1. ASP.NET Developer's Jump Start by Paul D. Sheriff 2. Developing Web Application With Ms Visual Basic.Net And Ms Visual C#.Net from Microsoft Press. Regards, Hean ...

Net::SSH and Net::FTP?
------_=_NextPart_001_01C3B7DF.20E3F54A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I would like to use SSH to login to a remote system, then using FTP, upload a file from the remote machine to another machine which will display the data. If I can automate this process, I think I'll be in great shape, tell me does this code seem like it would work for this? >use Net::SSH::Perl;=20 >my $ssh =3D Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); #Logging into the remote = machine >$ssh->login;=20 >my($READ, $WRITE) =3D $ssh-&...

.NET Framework, IIS, ASP.NET, VS.NET, Installation, How, Please Help
I thought I installed .NET Framework, IIS, and ASP.NET in the right order. I ran aspnet_regiis, and mapped application. It seemed fine that I can run code like this:<% Response.Write(DateTime.Now.ToLongdateString()) %> and it worked. but can't run hello world <p><asp:label id="HelloWorld" runat="server" /></p> When I opened Visual Studio.NET, and select Web Application, I got a message saying I don't have .Net Framework 1.1, I won't be able to run Web Application.  I ran the fix progam from the CD to repair .NET Framework, but I still couldn't get it right...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

script to SFTP without NET::SFTP module
Does any one have a simple script to retrieve a file from a remote server using SFTP? I can not use the net::stp module because I do not have the required authority to add modules to our Perl interpeter. ------=_Part_142939_30228760.1221269890897 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 1:21 PM, kscott <kscott.j@gmail.com> wrote: > Does any one have a simple script to retrieve a file from a remote > server using SFTP? > > I can not use the net::stp module because I do ...

Help with ASP.NET and VB.NET
Hi All, Please help me find whats wrong with my page? i get an error says: Server Error in '/ASP.NET/email' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response was: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for aa@aa.com Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The server rejec...

Connection_Abandoned_By_AppPool
OK, this seems to be about the Connection_Abandoned_By_AppPool - error in IIS. It will take a little longer to explain, so I hope you’ll still be with me at the end of this post.   The setup: We have a MySql-database with 24.000 documents stored in a table containing a fulltext index. To access the database we wrote a VB .NET 2005 dll. This dll is used by 1) a VB .NET 2005 GUI-Application  (works fine) 2) an ASP .NET 2.0 webpage, coded in VB .NET  (gives me a headache)   - The MySql-server is running on a Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition with SP1. - The webser...

help me asp.net vb.net
Moderated by XIII: pls help me , i need to pass up 25/3/2007 i dont have any idea and so sad now pls email me to incredible_aung@yahoo.com Cool College wants to create an online student records searching facility for its lecturers. This is to enable its lecturers to look up student details such as StudentID, Name, Address, Postcode, State and Contact Number and the student’s major. Before lecturers can use the facility, they are required to enter their username and password. Assume that the username and password are fixed, so that only lecturer who knows the username and password can ac...

Is there a .NET component for use with Authorize.Net?
I am wanting to find a .NET dll for use with real-time online credit card processing with Authorize.net, does anyone know where I can locate one? I do not want to use the MS WinHTTP component. Thanks DotNetCharge - http://www.dotnetcharge.comDotNetNuke Core Architect So, in the Site Settings in DNN 2.1 you can specify a variety of Payment Processors but a quick look at the code makes it look like only paypal is actually supported. Am I missing something. Are there ways to tie into Authorize.net. Specifically I want to do it for membership services.David O'Learywww.EfficionConsulti...

NET ssh module
------_=_NextPart_001_01C9077E.AB4A9C28 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01C9077E.AB4A9C28" ------_=_NextPart_002_01C9077E.AB4A9C28 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, =20 I am trying to install Net-ssh module. I am getting error like not able to access FTP site to fetch CPAN files. Please find the attached log. The box where i want to install this module does not have the internet connection. =20 Please sugget. =20 Regards Irf. =20 ------_=_NextPart_0...

In Proc fails with ASP.Net 2.0 + VB.Net ...works fine with C#.Net ( MS HELP ME)

Bulk mailing & faxing with ASP.NET 2 & VB.NET 2005
Hi,        I need to create a web-application wherin the user can send MASS/BULK Emails based on some recipient selection criteria. I also need to send BULK FAXES. I have developed this idea in VB 6 & it works very well. I need to do the same in ASP.NET 2.0 with VB.NET 2005.   Any clues ?? Alex Is this for commercial spamming?The views, opinions, and judgments expressed in this message are solely those of the author. The message contents have not been reviewed or approved by Convergence Communications Consultants. Since you already are a...

Web resources about - Looking for help with Net::SSH::Perl & Net::SFTP - perl.module-authors