Help understanding module-starter aka Module::Starter

Hi,

I'm preparing a module for CPAN and I used module-starter to set it up.
  I think I understand all the files it created except one:
t/boilerplate.t  What does it do?

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
   Shawn

as it is about coding.

My favourite four-letter word is "Done!"
0
shawnhcorey
7/30/2009 7:59:04 PM
perl.module-authors 1532 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Jul 30, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Shawn H. Corey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm preparing a module for CPAN and I used module-starter to set it
> up.  I think I understand all the files it created except one: t/
> boilerplate.t  What does it do?

It fails if you haven't modified certain parts of the starter module.
It's meant to be thrown away once you get it passing.

xoxo,
Andy

--
Andy Lester => andy@petdance.com => www.theworkinggeek.com => AIM:petdance

0
andy
7/30/2009 8:00:20 PM
Andy Lester wrote:
> It fails if you haven't modified certain parts of the starter module.
> It's meant to be thrown away once you get it passing.

Huh?  I don't remember changing anything and it passes.  How come?

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
   Shawn

as it is about coding.

My favourite four-letter word is "Done!"
0
shawnhcorey
7/30/2009 8:18:12 PM
On Jul 30, 2009, at 3:18 PM, Shawn H. Corey wrote:

> Huh?  I don't remember changing anything and it passes.  How come?

Maybe it's old and outdated, and the stuff it's looking for no longer
shows up in the default modules.

The point was that if the default module had "YOUR NAME HERE", t/
boilerplate.t would make sure that you do NOT still have "YOUR NAME
HERE" in the code.

xoa

--
Andy Lester => andy@petdance.com => www.theworkinggeek.com => AIM:petdance

0
andy
7/30/2009 8:19:33 PM
Andy Lester wrote:
> Maybe it's old and outdated, and the stuff it's looking for no longer
> shows up in the default modules.
>
> The point was that if the default module had "YOUR NAME HERE",
> t/boilerplate.t would make sure that you do NOT still have "YOUR NAME
> HERE" in the code.

Well, it looks like everything in it is outdated.  I just get rid of it. :)

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
   Shawn

as it is about coding.

My favourite four-letter word is "Done!"
0
shawnhcorey

Module-Starter's t/module-starter.t has skip_all
Hi all! As can be seen here: * http://module-starter.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/t/module-starter.t Module::Starter's t/module-starter.t has the following lines: {{{{{{{{{{ use Test::More; plan skip_all => "these tests must be completely rewritten"; }}}}}}}}}} It also seems none of them test for the contents of the files, but only for their existence. What can be done about it and when will it be fixed? I wanted to improve the M-S support for software licences, but now it seems that I cannot add regression tests for this task easily. Regards, Shl...

modules, modules

Module in Module

To module or not to module that is the question
Howdy List,=20 Bit of a quandry here. I have a script that does everything it's supposed to. It's basically like this: ---------------------- Configuration variables here: Program flow here with a single print statement after=20 it figures out what it's doing based on the configuration and user = input. ------------------ Now I need to use this same script lots of times so I already have = differen configurations saved as different modules then in the script = all I have to do is: ------------ In One.cgi: use Special::One; # this brings in all the configuar...

Module in MODULE::INTERFACE
Can module name be something like: com::xyz::PakageOne? Because when I created a package with that convention, the package was created but there is no _st_ and _sk_ generated for me. Thanks. .... Steve ...

Module within a Module
Anyone experiemented with IBS to create a module that could contain other IBS modules?Robbie Freeland Web Team Leader www.chesterfield.gov yeah - with limited sucess as things started to go screwey after a while with the containers - it is something I still want to get working - but I dont seem to have the time to do so at the momentVarious IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.comLead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD I have been able to do it, just displaying information in datagrids, but I had to pass variables in the URL to keep the nested module active and visible as the page re...

Module to Module Communication
Does anyone have an example of how to implement module-module communication/event handling using DNN2? I have tried to look through the portal code and try to figure it out for myself but not much luck :) Tom Gruszowskiemail: [MyUserName]@hotmail.com To answer my own question I found the following link. Any other resources and solid examples that anyone else would like to share? http://xpdit.com/DeskTopDefault.aspx?tabid=1&BookID=13&ChapterID=69&PageID=242Tom Gruszowskiemail: [MyUserName]@hotmail.com I seem to remember an example on kodhedz.netMatt FraserDotNetNuke Co...

Modules and information about modules.
As we live in a word with different localization issues I think it would bee nice to tell byers and user if the module can handle different cultures and of cource if the module are localized or not. Sometimes it doesent matter that the module have static localization you can use it anyway. But if the date format or any other localized value are used inside the module I think it is essential to tell too. As an example I can tell that Portal Store just works if you use the US date format. So if you like to use it in non us english you have to go through the code and correct it. As I know th...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

Load module into module...
Is it possible to load a module into another module? I'm thinking in particular of the Internal Links Module available @ www.cortinc.com I use this module a lot and with a few enhancements it has served me well, however it has one flaw...each link only allows html data...because it is just a holder that loads the html from the db. It would be a great enhancement to be able to add other modules to these links i.e. announcements, news, pictures etc but they would in effect have to be loaded into another module. Any thoughts would be appreciated on how I should approach this or whether it...

Modules Containing Modules
I have no idea if this is possible or not, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Basically, what I need is a module container that can hold other modules. The reason is because on some views within my portal site, I need to have multiple regions (i.e. links, static text/html). I'm sure I can create different modules for specific scenarios, but this happens A LOT, so I'm hoping there's already something doing it. I have yet to dig into building my first module, so it may not even be a big deal. Has anyone attempted this before? If so, are there any public tools already published that I'...

How to load modules into modules
Title says it all. I want to load (custom) modules within a custom module. But I havent the slightest idea how to do that. Any suggestions? thx Like this: Dim _MyControl as _MyControl _MyControl = CType(Me.LoadControl("MyControl .ascx"), MyControl) ParentControl.Controls.Add(_MyControl) Leigh PointerUser Group Champion » Evangelising DotNetNuke Everywhere « The method LoadControl works, if your loaded custom module doesn't need do raise PostbackEvents :-( If you need that... Than this way is impossible for you. I will post how to do it right in...

A Module inside a Module ??
Hi DNN Community, I've developed a DNN module (let's call it module X) which is included in my DNN website as a private assembly. However, I'l like to add a scrolling marque usercontrol to my module X. As a start, I purchased a scrolling marquee module from snowcovered which works great as a stand alone module. However, I'd like to modify this module so it fits into my module X. Can anyone explain to me how to do this, and if there is any source code available where I could see how this is done. Thanks in advance, Brad How about putting a placeholder control in your module X then...

Modules within Modules
I purchaced the Internal Link Navigation from Snowcovered a while back and have modified it so I can insert user controls in the child-level pages. However, if I try to insert a IBS module, it returns an error because the IBS modules use desktopcontols.vb to pull properties for the module from the database and I haven't set that up properly. When I look at the code in tablayout.aspx.vb I have a hard time sorting through it. Any ideas? Do you want to post your mods to Internal Link Navigation - I have done a fair bit of work with that so may be able to help Or email the code to me Dav...

Web resources about - Help understanding module-starter aka Module::Starter - perl.module-authors