Thunderbird

I've recently started messing around with Thunderbird.
I like it a bunch but I'm wondering if there's any
good way to port over my Address Book, with perl or
otherwise.

I've tried exporting from AB (as .vcf, the only
option) then importing in Thunderbird (.vcf isn't one
of the formats listed that it can import, but it
doesn't tell me I can't do it). A new address book
list icon thing shows up, but so far as I can tell the
information isn't actually imported. My second attempt
was going to be through Mac::Glue, but Thunderbird
doesn't appear to support AE (which makes sense).

Any other suggestions?

~wren

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
0
phreelance
9/22/2004 12:21:38 AM
perl.macosx 2309 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You might be interested in this page, entitled "Import Address Book
records into to Thunderbird" :

   http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20040905025741769

When I googled for "thunderbird" and "address", trying to learn what
thunderbird was, this was the first link that came up.

  -Ken

On Sep 21, 2004, at 7:21 PM, wren argetlahm wrote:

> I've recently started messing around with Thunderbird.
> I like it a bunch but I'm wondering if there's any
> good way to port over my Address Book, with perl or
> otherwise.
>
> I've tried exporting from AB (as .vcf, the only
> option) then importing in Thunderbird (.vcf isn't one
> of the formats listed that it can import, but it
> doesn't tell me I can't do it). A new address book
> list icon thing shows up, but so far as I can tell the
> information isn't actually imported. My second attempt
> was going to be through Mac::Glue, but Thunderbird
> doesn't appear to support AE (which makes sense).
>
> Any other suggestions?

0
ken
9/22/2004 3:50:32 AM
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, wren argetlahm wrote:

> Any other suggestions?

It may not be the smallest solution, but Palm Desktop may be an
effective intermediary. The program is a free download, and among other
things it can able to import & export several address file formats.

--
Chris Devers
0

Joe.

On Sep 21, 2004, at 10:50 PM, Ken Williams wrote:

> You might be interested in this page, entitled "Import Address Book
> records into to Thunderbird" :
>
>   http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20040905025741769
>
> When I googled for "thunderbird" and "address", trying to learn what
> thunderbird was, this was the first link that came up.
>
>  -Ken
>
> On Sep 21, 2004, at 7:21 PM, wren argetlahm wrote:
>
>> I've recently started messing around with Thunderbird.
>> I like it a bunch but I'm wondering if there's any
>> good way to port over my Address Book, with perl or
>> otherwise.
>>
>> I've tried exporting from AB (as .vcf, the only
>> option) then importing in Thunderbird (.vcf isn't one
>> of the formats listed that it can import, but it
>> doesn't tell me I can't do it). A new address book
>> list icon thing shows up, but so far as I can tell the
>> information isn't actually imported. My second attempt
>> was going to be through Mac::Glue, but Thunderbird
>> doesn't appear to support AE (which makes sense).
>>
>> Any other suggestions?

0
jalotta
9/22/2004 4:28:31 AM
On Sep 21, 2004, at 9:28 PM, Joseph Alotta wrote:

> I am using Now Contact and Now Up-To-Date and it is getting tired.
> Does anyone have a recommendation for something Mac-ish that would
> work better?  Even something that costs a few hundred.

iCal?

David

0
david
9/22/2004 5:25:42 AM
--- Ken Williams <ken@mathforum.org> wrote:
> You might be interested in this page, entitled
> "Import Address Book
> records into to Thunderbird" :

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20040905025741769

> When I googled for "thunderbird" and "address",
> trying to learn what
> thunderbird was, this was the first link that came
> up.

Yeah, shortly after posting I did the google and found
that page. Tried the script, it had some issues* but I
tinkered with it until I got it to work. But even
then, Firebird's import didn't seem to find anything
in the file. (After you load the file there's a pop-up
to link specific fields in the file to specific fields
in the Thunderbird format. But neither .vcf not .csv
seems to show up wih anything.) Since .csv *is* listed
as a text-type it understands, I wonder if this might
be a bug in the import abilities. I was hoping someone
else here uses Firebird and may have dealt with the
issue before.

* SImpleText doesn't like the "create new document"
stuff, so changed it to call TextEdit. And it craps
out on some of the addresses for no reason i can
discern, so I just commented that all out to produce
null addresses.

~wren

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
0
phreelance
9/22/2004 9:28:40 PM
I'd like to take more time for this, but waiting doesn't produce more
time this week. So I'll just toss out an idea --

>> You might be interested in this page, entitled
>> "Import Address Book
>> records into to Thunderbird" :
>>

> http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20040905025741769
>>
>> When I googled for "thunderbird" and "address",
>> trying to learn what
>> thunderbird was, this was the first link that came
>> up.
>
> Yeah, shortly after posting I did the google and found
> that page. Tried the script, it had some issues* but I
> tinkered with it until I got it to work. But even
> then, Firebird's import didn't seem to find anything
> in the file.

I don't know about .vcf, but .csv is fairly easy to just look at with a
text editor (formatting off, of course). The primary complications are
for commas and new-lines buried in fields. Microsfot used quotes and
made the whole thing a mess, but once you get your head around the mess
it isn't that bad.

(One of these days, we have to put ASCII behind us, but that's a topic
for a rainy weekend or two.)

>  (After you load the file there's a pop-up
> to link specific fields in the file to specific fields
> in the Thunderbird format. But neither .vcf not .csv
> seems to show up wih anything.) Since .csv *is* listed
> as a text-type it understands, I wonder if this might
> be a bug in the import abilities. I was hoping someone
> else here uses Firebird and may have dealt with the
> issue before.
>
> * SImpleText doesn't like the "create new document"
> stuff, so changed it to call TextEdit. And it craps
> out on some of the addresses for no reason i can
> discern, so I just commented that all out to produce
> null addresses.
>
> ~wren

> http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

0
joel_rees
9/23/2004 10:03:19 PM
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Joel Rees wrote:

> I don't know about .vcf, but .csv is fairly easy to just look at with
> a text editor (formatting off, of course).

VCF is (basically) an ascii format. You can encode binary data (e.g.
photos) in it, but it's base64 encoded (just like email) so you can poke
at it with a regular text editor.

A typical entry might look something like this:

    BEGIN:VCARD
    VERSION:3.0
    N:Meyer;Russ;;;
    FN:Russ Meyer
    EMAIL;type=INTERNET;type=HOME;type=pref:rmeyer@vix.com
    item1.EMAIL;type=INTERNET:rmeyer@vix.com
    item1.X-ABLabel:_$!<Other>!$_
    TEL;type=HOME;type=pref:800 555.1212
    item2.ADR;type=HOME;type=pref:;;42 Any Lane
    \n;Hollywood;CA;12345;United States
    item2.X-ABADR:us
    X-AIM;type=HOME;type=pref:rmvix
    END:VCARD

Etc. It's a little confusing, but it's mostly a regular format that
isn't too hard to read or otherwise work with.

> (One of these days, we have to put ASCII behind us, but that's a topic for a
> rainy weekend or two.)

???

Every tool has a role; ascii has lots and lots and lots of useful ones.
Also roles that it's totally wrong for, but that doesn't mean that it
makes sense to get rid of it altogether...

--
Chris Devers
0
--- Chris Devers wrote:
> --- Joel Rees wrote:
>
> > I don't know about .vcf, but .csv is fairly easy
> to just look at with
> > a text editor (formatting off, of course).

Yeah, they're both just text and (pretty) easily
readable. The problem comes in that I don't want to
stop using AddressBook and so I'm looking for a
"maintainable" solution, where I can just hit a couple
buttons or run a script rather than needing to
manually enter anything.

That's part of the reason i've been looking at FB's
import function and Mac::Glue. I don't know for sure,
but I'm thinking that FB doesn't offer any sort of
scripting API (ala Mac::Glue or commandline commands)
that'd let me enter the data programmatically if the
Import function doesn't work. I'd love to be disproven
however.

Incidentally, the .vcf file generated by AB looks akin
to your example but with a space between every
charecter and two newlines instead of one. Is that
normal, or might that be part of the reason that
Firebird is having difficulty reading it?

~wren

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
0
phreelance
9/24/2004 2:55:04 AM
On 2004.9.24, at 11:55 AM, wren argetlahm wrote:

> --- Chris Devers wrote:
>> --- Joel Rees wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know about .vcf, but .csv is fairly easy
>> to just look at with
>>> a text editor (formatting off, of course).
>
> Yeah, they're both just text and (pretty) easily
> readable. The problem comes in that I don't want to
> stop using AddressBook and so I'm looking for a
> "maintainable" solution, where I can just hit a couple
> buttons or run a script rather than needing to
> manually enter anything.
>
> That's part of the reason i've been looking at FB's
> import function and Mac::Glue. I don't know for sure,
> but I'm thinking that FB doesn't offer any sort of
> scripting API (ala Mac::Glue or commandline commands)
> that'd let me enter the data programmatically if the
> Import function doesn't work. I'd love to be disproven
> however.
>
> Incidentally, the .vcf file generated by AB looks akin
> to your example but with a space between every
> charecter and two newlines instead of one. Is that
> normal, or might that be part of the reason that
> Firebird is having difficulty reading it?

I would guess that would be the entire reason. Use the file open menu
item in Text Edit and try loading the .vcf file generated by Address
Book as a Unicode UTF-16 file. (You may need to customize the encoding
list.)

If you just double click or drag-and-drop, it will use the default
encoding, which is probably UTF-8.

0
joel_rees
9/24/2004 2:11:42 PM
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, wren argetlahm wrote:

> Incidentally, the .vcf file generated by AB looks akin
> to your example but with a space between every
> charecter and two newlines instead of one. Is that
> normal, or might that be part of the reason that
> Firebird is having difficulty reading it?

It looks like it's using DOS line endings: \r\n

That may be required by the spec, I don't know...

--
Chris Devers
0
On 2004.9.24, at 11:34 AM, Chris Devers wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Joel Rees wrote:
>
>> I don't know about .vcf, but .csv is fairly easy to just look at with
>> a text editor (formatting off, of course).
>
> VCF is (basically) an ascii format. You can encode binary data (e.g.
> photos) in it, but it's base64 encoded (just like email) so you can
> poke
> at it with a regular text editor.
>
> A typical entry might look something like this:
>
>     BEGIN:VCARD
>     VERSION:3.0
>     N:Meyer;Russ;;;
>     FN:Russ Meyer
>     EMAIL;type=INTERNET;type=HOME;type=pref:rmeyer@vix.com
>     item1.EMAIL;type=INTERNET:rmeyer@vix.com
>     item1.X-ABLabel:_$!<Other>!$_
>     TEL;type=HOME;type=pref:800 555.1212
>     item2.ADR;type=HOME;type=pref:;;42 Any Lane
>     \n;Hollywood;CA;12345;United States
>     item2.X-ABADR:us
>     X-AIM;type=HOME;type=pref:rmvix
>     END:VCARD

Now that you mention it, I guess I have looked at those with a text
editor.

> Etc. It's a little confusing,

Not so much confusing as just got a lot of stuff in it. Looks like
colons for the element labels and semicolons for the element
delimiters. And I think I see a buried newline escaped with a
backslash. Hmm. Who made this format up, anyway?

My goodness, these things have got RFCs behind them:

     http://www.imc.org/pdi/

Surprised they don't mention any movement to convert these to XML.

> but it's mostly a regular format that
> isn't too hard to read or otherwise work with.

Well, ...

>> (One of these days, we have to put ASCII behind us, but that's a
>> topic for a
>> rainy weekend or two.)
>
> ???
>
> Every tool has a role; ascii has lots and lots and lots of useful ones.
> Also roles that it's totally wrong for, but that doesn't mean that it
> makes sense to get rid of it altogether...

Yeah, but it's time to move on. (I'm busy in my spare time trying to
invent an encoding scheme that includes a variety of meta-punctuation,
including meta-field separators. Of course, by this point, I'm
duplicating effort by the Unicode consortium, to a certain extent.)

--
Joel Rees

0
joel_rees
9/24/2004 3:35:26 PM
--- Joel Rees <joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp> wrote:
> > Incidentally, the .vcf file generated by AB looks
> akin
> > to your example but with a space between every
> > charecter and two newlines instead of one. Is that
> > normal, or might that be part of the reason that
> > Firebird is having difficulty reading it?
>
> I would guess that would be the entire reason. Use
> the file open menu
> item in Text Edit and try loading the .vcf file
> generated by Address
> Book as a Unicode UTF-16 file. (You may need to
> customize the encoding
> list.)

Turns out that that was in fact (one of) the
problem(s). Also turns out that Firebird does not in
fact support vCard format. (The import function is
reading each line in as a sperate entry ala .csv.)

> If you just double click or drag-and-drop, it will
> use the default
> encoding, which is probably UTF-8.

From what I've tried, you can't drag groups out of
AddressBook. Dragging individuals (singlely or
multiplely) leads to the same behaviour as the export
function. And the default encoding for most things on
OSX appears to be UTF-16 rather than the more
prevalent UTF-8.

Thanks, now to figure out how to get the .csv
AppleScript to work...

~wren

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
0
phreelance
9/27/2004 7:15:30 AM
Now that you know that the "space between every character" was the zero
high byte of basic Latin in UTF-16 being misinterpreted as a NUL,

>>> Incidentally, the .vcf file generated by AB looks
>> akin
>>> to your example but with a space between every
>>> charecter and two newlines instead of one.

the two newlines are most likely (as someone suggested) two separate
characters, a separate problem. If our guess is right, it's the old
CR-LF pair (probably each with their own zero high byte).

>>>  Is that
>>> normal, or might that be part of the reason that
>>> Firebird is having difficulty reading it?
>>
>> I would guess that would be the entire reason. Use
>> the file open menu
>> item in Text Edit and try loading the .vcf file
>> generated by Address
>> Book as a Unicode UTF-16 file. (You may need to
>> customize the encoding
>> list.)
>
> Turns out that that was in fact (one of) the
> problem(s). Also turns out that Firebird does not in
> fact support vCard format. (The import function is
> reading each line in as a sperate entry ala .csv.)

You might be jumping to conclusions there -- if Thunderbird sees either
CR or LF as end of line, it may be thinking the card is being
terminated after every line (an apparently empty line being seen as the
terminator). This would be especially true when expecting UTF-8 but
getting UTF-16, because of those high bytes that would look like NULs.

Have you tried running the vCards through a conversion utility to
convert everything to UTF-8 before feeding them into Thunderbird? If
you've tried that, have you tried filtering out the CR of the pair?
(Perl 5.8+ has two or three ways to read UTF-16 and spit out UTF-8. See
the Perldoc for Unicode. I can't remember the name of the other thing
to look up, but you'll see it in the Unicode stuff. You can tell Perl
what encoding to expect on a file handle.)

>> If you just double click or drag-and-drop, it will
>> use the default
>> encoding, which is probably UTF-8.
>
> From what I've tried, you can't drag groups out of
> AddressBook.

The mail app is also kind of shy, that way. Don't understand why.

>  Dragging individuals (singlely or
> multiplely) leads to the same behaviour as the export
> function. And the default encoding for most things on
> OSX appears to be UTF-16 rather than the more
> prevalent UTF-8.

Guess that's what we get for participating in user supported software.

But I tend to doubt that the default is actually UTF-16 on most things.
It may appear that way, now, but I tend to doubt it. (I might be
unpleasantly surprised, of course.)

> Thanks, now to figure out how to get the .csv
> AppleScript to work...

CPAN has modules for that. (I wrote my own, don't remember why.) If you
write your own, the trick is to arrange the precedence of the several
quoting mechanisms (remembering, of course, that quotes are inferred to
quote new lines and commas _and_ escape quotes).

--
Joel Rees
     If Microsoft is effectively taxing the internet,

0
joel_rees
9/27/2004 1:41:57 PM
--- Joel Rees <joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp> wrote:
> the two newlines are most likely (as someone
> suggested) two separate
> characters, a separate problem. If our guess is
> right, it's the old
> CR-LF pair (probably each with their own zero high
> byte).

That may be true, but when I converted the file from
UTF-16 to UTF-8 the extra newlines disappeared too.
(Yeah, before the last post I converted to UTF-8 and
tried it again.)

> > Turns out that that was in fact (one of) the
> > problem(s). Also turns out that Firebird does not
> in
> > fact support vCard format. (The import function is
> > reading each line in as a separate entry ala
..csv.)

> You might be jumping to conclusions there -- if
> Thunderbird sees either
> CR or LF as end of line, it may be thinking the card
> is being
> terminated after every line (an apparently empty
> line being seen as the
> terminator). This would be especially true when
> expecting UTF-8 but
> getting UTF-16, because of those high bytes that
> would look like NULs.

As UTF-16 Thunderbird doesn't find anything in the
file, once it's been changed into UTF-8 it does see it
but interprets each line as a record--so it takes
BEGIN:VCARD as one record, splits it at commas or tabs
via some heuristic (leaving BEGIN:VCARD as the only
field returned) and puts that into the first field in
the Thunderbird address book; then it goes on and sees
VERSION:3.0, tries to split it...

> Have you tried running the vCards through a
> conversion utility to
> convert everything to UTF-8 before feeding them into
> Thunderbird? If
> you've tried that, have you tried filtering out the
> CR of the pair?

I haven't tried filtering CR out of the pair...
....have tried it now, same behaviour.

> > Thanks, now to figure out how to get the .csv
> > AppleScript to work...
>
> CPAN has modules for that. (I wrote my own, don't
> remember why.) If you
> write your own, the trick is to arrange the
> precedence of the several
> quoting mechanisms (remembering, of course, that
> quotes are inferred to
> quote new lines and commas _and_ escape quotes).

I got the AS to work. It isn't tailored to my needs as
I'd like, but it works fine enough. I'll store away a
perl script that does the same but better for a rainy
day project. Thanks,

~wren

http://vote.yahoo.com
0
phreelance
9/27/2004 6:38:02 PM
At 5:21 pm -0700 21/9/04, wren argetlahm wrote:

>I've recently started messing around with Thunderbird.
>I like it a bunch but I'm wondering if there's any
>good way to port over my Address Book, with perl or
>otherwise.

The Applescript script below creates a UTF-8 encoded .vcf file on=20
your desktop containing all your contacts:

set f to ("" as Unicode text) & (path to desktop) & =AC
   "addresses.vcf" as file specification
try
   close access f
end try
open for access f with write permission
tell application "Address Book"
   repeat with i from 1 to count people
     set _card to vcard of person i
     tell me to write _card to f as =ABclass utf8=BB
   end repeat
end tell
close access f
read f -- just for reassurance

JD

0
JD
9/27/2004 9:19:08 PM
At 10:19 pm +0100 27/9/04, John Delacour wrote:

>The Applescript script below creates a UTF-8 encoded .vcf file on=20
>your desktop containing all your contacts:

Actually that needs to be modified.  The script below will give you=20
either a file with no blank lines or a file with a blank line only=20
between cards.

set _lineending to ASCII character 10
set f to ("" as Unicode text) & (path to desktop) & =AC
   "addresses.vcf" as file specification
try
   close access f
end try
open for access f with write permission
set eof f to 0
tell application "Address Book"
   repeat with i from 1 to count people
     set _card to vcard of person i
     (* blank line between cards *)
     --set _paras to paragraphs of _card
     (*  ... or  No blank lines *)
     set _paras to paragraphs 1 through -2 of _card
     repeat with _line in _paras
       tell me to write _line & _lineending to f as =ABclass utf8=BB
     end repeat
   end repeat
end tell
close access f
read f
0
JD

Thunderbird to Thunderbird
Our laptop went bad but hard drive is good and have accessed it. How do I transfer the email etc. from the old laptop to a desktop computer with a fresh install of thunderbird? Thank you! zparky wrote: > Our laptop went bad but hard drive is good and have accessed it. How do > I transfer the email etc. from the old laptop to a desktop computer with > a fresh install of thunderbird? > Thank you! Find your profile folder on the old drive. (This will help you find it: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird Use the instructions for Vista if you are...

Thunderbird To Thunderbird #2
Just downloaded and set up Thunderbird on my PC laptop. I transferred my contacts from Opera to Thunderbird. I set up a bunch of eMail Accounts. I put fresh install on my desktop PC. I see how to get the contacts from the laptop to the desktop. How do I get the eMail account setup from the laptop to the desktop. I do not see any export / import for that. Is there a file to copy over? Some utility to maintain the Accounts? On 06/20/2013 10:56 PM, OldGuy wrote: > Just downloaded and set up Thunderbird on my PC laptop. > I transferred my contacts from Opera to Thunder...

Thunderbird
Hi all, I have a thunderbird install on a pc, I want to transfer all the emails on a new pc, how do I go about it? Thanks Anastassios On 17.10.2007 08:01 UK Time, Anastassios Giannaras wrote: > Hi all, > > I have a thunderbird install on a pc, I want to transfer all the emails > on a new pc, how do I go about it? No need to import - simply move/copy your whole mail folder to the new PC and tell TB where to find it. Please ask again if you need more detailed instructions (or someone else will probably provide them anyway). -- Herbert Eppel www.HETr...

Thunderbird and Thunderbird portable
Hi I use thunderbird on my home computer but travel to other friends and family and would like to use thunderbird portable Pleas can someone give an idiot proff step by step on how to transfer my account settings etc to my U3 usb Thanks On 4/23/2009 10:16 AM, user@domain.invalid wrote: > Hi I use thunderbird on my home computer but travel to other friends and > family and would like to use thunderbird portable Pleas can someone give > an idiot proff step by step on how to transfer my account settings etc > to my U3 usb > > Thanks See: http://kb.mozillazin...

XPCOM crashes starting self-compiled Thunderbird on MacOSX
Hello Folks, I reinstalled my Mac last week since I got a new harddrive and more memory. Since then, I cannot get Thunderbird to start, it fails pretty early, before the first window is created. Things I have installed: * homebrew and the usual libs from it * Command line tools for XCode * XCode 4.3.2 The build itself went fine, no errors. I first tried a non-debug build, then a debug build, it happens with both. When I startup, it seems xpcom is not initalized correctly. Here is output from the debug build: > ###!!! ASSERTION: This is not supposed to fail!: 'Error...

thunderbird portible and thunderbird desktop.
Hi, How can I sync my emails between thunderbird portable and the desktop version? thanks -- Daniel Dalton http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/ daniel.dalton47@gmail.com Daniel Dalton wrote: > Hi, > > How can I sync my emails between thunderbird portable and the desktop > version? > thanks > with TB Port, it keeps its profile with the program. If you install it to a thumb drive [or whatever], then the profile is also located there. In other words, the profile is fixed and you can't change that. With TB desktop, the profile can be any...

How to transfer messages from Thunderbird to Thunderbird
This should be so easy but I cannot seem to find the answer. I have moved from one computer to another (both WinXP) and want to export/import the Tbird messages from the first computer to Tbird on the second. They are not networked, so it will have to be done via a thumb drive. I'd appreciate assistance -- thanks in advance. Lindsay Graham Canberra, Australia h The date and time was Wednesday, March 25, 2009 6:50:13 AM, and on a whim, Lindsay Graham pounded out on the keyboard: > > > > > This should be s...

Thunderbird Windows to Thunderbird Linux
I have a dual boot system set-up with Windows XP and Fedora Core 2. I use Thunderbird on both platforms; how can I easily import my mail and mail settings (filters, accounts, etc) from Windows XP Thunderbird to Fedora Core 2 Thunderbird?? I have all of my Windows partitions mounted in Fedora, so accessing the Thunderbird settings directory isn't a problem. I'm currently running TB 1.0RC1 on Win XP and TB 0.9 on FC2. Thanks in advance! Richard York wrote: > I have a dual boot system set-up with Windows XP and Fedora Core 2. I > use Thunderbird on both platfor...

Migrating settings from Thunderbird to Thunderbird
I have a new computer and I would like to move my account settings from Thunderbird on the old computer to Thunderbird on the new computer. Is there anyway to do this? The email is stored on the IMAP server, so doesn't have to be moved. But I have my account set up just how I like it, and I don't want to have to transfer all of those settings all over again. Thanks for your assistance! On 07/30/05 14:54, Evan wrote: > I have a new computer and I would like to move my account settings from > Thunderbird on the old computer to Thunderbird on the new computer. Is &g...

merge/import from thunderbird into thunderbird
hi all, i'm unable to import and merge several different 'Inbox' files, the only solution I can find is to setup fake accounts and copy the file onto their subdirs... any better solutions? I'm running thunderbird 0.5 (20040902) on bsd. -- sincerely, fondula di carceri fondula di carceri wrote: > hi all, > i'm unable to import and merge several different 'Inbox' files, the only > solution I can find is to setup fake accounts and copy the file onto > their subdirs... any better solutions? I'm running thunderbird 0.5 > (20040...

Import mail into Thunderbird from Thunderbird
How can I import the mail from one Thunderbird (different computer) into my computer? I recently left a job where I used thunderbird as well. I just copied the whole Thunderbird directory and removed Thunderbird from my work computer. Is there a way to import the mail from the work computer and integrate it with my existing mail? What files do I need under that directory? Thank You Who knows which mail you are using ?? > How can I import the mail from one Thunderbird (different computer) into my > computer? I recently left a job where I used > thunderbird a...

Fi Thunderbird 1.8-branch RSS feeds inoperative on MacOSX
This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 2440 and 3156) --------------enig83FCCFE03CFDA57052B826D5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Anybody else seeing this? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3D313525 Also, I'd much appreciate if somebody could look for the cause to the problem as I couldn't find any (yet). Bug description follows: The add RSS feeds panel or feeds in general do not work in Finnish Thunderbird (Recent 1.8-branch build by Mozilla.org). Starting TB with a new profile and adding an RS...

Web resources about - Thunderbird - perl.macosx

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Thunderbirds Are Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thunderbirds Are Go is a 1966 British science-fiction film based on Thunderbirds , a 1960s television series starring marionette puppets and ...

Edit - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

F-16C Thunderbirds Formation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
USAF Thunderbirds at the 2008 Battle Creek Air Show

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Thunderbirds are go, puppets are gone
Human Thunderbirds? What does this mean, writes James Cockington. - The Age Online

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.