Re: 500-Connection reset by peer errors (version 5.47)

I've found that using a proxy for http and https requests eliminates
this problem.  This is a good workaround for me, but it might suggest
that there's something LWP is missing in the way of handling socket
connections that other software (Apache, Lynx, Netscape...) does.

One other (somewhat unrelated) thing I found that might help someone
else out is that other browsers change the method of a redirected POST
to GET.  This was causing me problems where I couldn't get past the
login on a secure site - I kept getting redirected in a circle back to
the login page.

Here's some code that worked for me :

# User agent subclass to allow redirects on POSTs
@MyAgent::ISA = qw(LWP::UserAgent);
sub MyAgent::redirect_ok {
  my ($self,$request)=@_;
  if ($request->method eq "POST") {
    $request->method("GET");
  }
  return 1;
}

Fair Winds,	Software Engineer and WWW developer
Chris Dunn	MRM, inc.

Email: chris.dunn@mrmnc.com
Phone: (919) 544-6500  Ext 228
Pager: (919) 506-0819

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~w_dunn
chris
2/22/2000 4:04:21 PM
perl.libwww 3330 articles. 0 followers. Follow

RE: Error while reading socket: Connection reset by peer at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/RPC/PlServer/Comm.pm line 110.
Hmmmm. Is the resolved in 5.8 ? Perl 5.6.1 on Win32 leaks socket handles - maybe that's the reason. Windows Server - $VERSION =3D '1.012'; Unix Machine - $VERSION =3D '2.08'; -----Original Message----- From: Steffen Goeldner [mailto:sgoeldner@cpan.org] Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 8:58 AM To: Jochen Wiedmann Cc: dbi-users@perl.org; Woodrow, Michael A, ALABS; Sackner, Beth A, ALABS; Morello, Anthony, ALABS; Long, Dan, ALABS; Esser, Marc A, ALABS Subject: Re: Error while reading socket: Connection reset by peer at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1...

"Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer" error in TidHTTPServer
I have been playing around with TidHTTPServer from Indy 10.5.8.0 (supplied with RAD XE2). I am not using any IO handlers, nor am I assigning a stream to Response.ContentStream. I am just returning some text back in Response.ContentText. I am Using IE 8.0 as my web browser, everything works fine until I close the browser, then I get the exception EIdSocketError "Socket Error#10054 Connection Reset By Peer." If I click on continue, the program continues to execute. The curious thing though, the exception only throws when I close the Browser with my server...

Delphi XE HTTP: error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer" [Edit]
Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other properties to set up apart from LifeCycle? Hi Irina, > Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. > > Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other proper...

Connection reset by peer error 10054
Hello, Using Delphi XE3 I developed a Datasnap webbroker ISAPI (IIS 7.5) application which works fine as you works with it... To be more clear If I leave the app inactive and try to use it after 3/4 minutes I receive a "socket error #10054 connection reset by peer" error I'm using a session live cycle on the server and I didn't changed any session default timeout (which should be 20mins.). Is there any kind of inactivity timeout I have to set up for a longer period ? Is there a way to intercept this error to try reconnecting to the server ? Thanks, Davide Hi, ...

I/O Error Connection reset by peer
Hi everyone, I use Net::LDAP in a script that does a daily search on a large LDAP database (~80,000 entries). The expected return from the search is ~2000 entries. One run of the script threw up this error: my $mesg = $ldap->search(base=>...); $mesg->error was "I/O Error Connection reset by peer" I dont think this has anything to do with an ldap search size limit. For one thing, I expect to get a "sizelimit exceeded" error in that case and I have error-handling for that and the other thing is that I dont expect to exceed the size limit. I use...

Socket Error #10054. Connection reset by peer.
Hello I use Intraweb Ultimate 12.2.8 with Delphi XE2 Update 4. Not always but mostly I get an Exception EIdSocket Error when I show a new IWForm (or going back to the existing). Text: Socket Error #10054. Connection reset by peer. I'm not sure where to look. I write a database application with Oracle and Odac components from DevArts and I use also TMS Intraweb components. Any Idea how I can find out ? Thank you Christian > {quote:title=Christian Bugge wrote:}{quote} > Hello > I use Intraweb Ultimate 12.2.8 with Delphi XE2 Update 4. > > Not always b...

500 5.5.0 error
gw 6.5.1 The attached file had the following undeliverable recipient(s): tammy@ims.ca Transcript of session follows: Command: DATA Response: 500 5.5.0 Syntax error - line too long what does this repsonse mean? is this an error on our end or theirs? thanks Zaida Olivoz, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell....

Firemonkey Datasnap client connection reset by peer or socket error
I am using RAD Studio XE5 and C++ Builder. I have a Firemonkey application that is running on a poor network. It looses connection with the server at random, and I need to detect when that is happening. I would like to be able to trap the errors for Socket errors and the try to reconnect if I can. The issue is that there was a TApplicationEvents for VCL that could do that. I see nothing like that for Firmonkey. How can I trap or detect a disconnect for the client application in Firmonkey. Thanks, ...

Using IdHTTP I get Error 10054 Connection Reset by Peer
Hi, I'm trying to get a GIF image from a website every 15 minutes. But it only works the first time. At the next attempt (after 15 minutes) I get the error message. Here is the code : procedure TForm.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject); begin GetRadarImage; end; procedure TForm.GetRadarImage; var MS : TMemoryStream; GIf: TGIFImage; begin MS := TMemoryStream.Create; GIf := TGIFImage.Create; try IdHTTP1.get(RadarURL,MS); Ms.Seek(0,soFromBeginning); Gif.LoadFromStream(MS); Gif.SaveToFile(ExtractFilePath(ParamStr(0))+'radar.tmp'); final...

Datasnap "connection reset by peer" error on iOS?
Hi, i use 3 tier application on iOS. iOS client, windows server and SQL server. i use datasnap tcp/ip for client-server connection. Everything good but after program goes to background, connection broken and iOS application gives "connection reset by peer" error. How could i solve this? - is there a way detect application goes to background? - is there a way detect connection broken and reconnect without gives an error? Thanks. ...

Connection Reset By Peer Error With Jaguar 4.2 Web Server
We have recently upgraded from Jaguar 4.1 to Jaguar 4.2. Our current runtime environment is Windows 2000, Jaguar 4.2 build 42012 and JDK 1.4.1_01. We use the Jaguar web server as well as the Jaguar application server. The browser that our users use is Netscape. Since the upgrade to Jaguar 4.2, we experience an intermittent problem in the web server. When a JSP is to be displayed to the user, occasionally the user gets a Netscape pop-up window stating "A network error occurred while Netscape was receiving data. (Network Error: Connection reset by peer). Try connecti...

Handling Indy10 exceptions
Hi there everyone, I am using Indy10 TCP Server/Client and I'm thinking of a way to handle an exception of type socket error #10054 - connection reset by peer. This sort of error can happen accidentally for example if the client computer experiences a sudden power failure or the client program is "killed" in the Task Manager. Server side, I have a listview that shows all connected clients. So whenever a socket error #10054 happens, the server MUST remove the client from the listview and return the client's database connection to a connection pool. That is what I've ...

OpenSSH 5.8 connections reset by IPS, but older OpenSSH versions work
When I upgraded from OS 11.2 to OS 11.4, I discovered that the network intrusion prevention system (IPS) is resetting my SSH connections. This did not happen with OS 11.2, and it doesn't happen with RHEL 5 nor with Fedora 14. It did happen with Cygwin until I reverted form Cygwin OpenSSH 5.8p1 to 5.6p1. Fedora has OpenSSH_5.5p1 which does work. I don't recall the version on RHEL 5, but I'm confident it's older. These are the last lines of output from susebox# ssh -vvv remotehost.domain debug2: mac_setup: found hmac-md5 debug1: kex: server->client aes128-cbc...

500 5.5.0 error #2
gw 6.5.1 The attached file had the following undeliverable recipient(s): tammy@ims.ca Transcript of session follows: Command: DATA Response: 500 5.5.0 Syntax error - line too long what does this repsonse mean? is this an error on our end or theirs? thanks Zaida Olivoz, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.nov...

Web resources about - Re: 500-Connection reset by peer errors (version 5.47) - perl.libwww