Getting (Bad protocol 'tcp') errors under Solaris

--nextPart5592645.ZYMlcV9hof

I've got a small script that uses LWP::UserAgent that all of a sudden, or s=
o=20
it seems, just stopped working. It simply takes a file and tries to upload =
it=20
to a CGI. It works under Linux and some of my other Solaris boxes, but this=
=20
one particular machine gives me this error:

dnmcimincw13:web# ./foo.pl moo.zip
CONTENT: 500 (Internal Server Error) Can't connect to rt.innocent.com:443 (=
Bad=20
protocol 'tcp')
Client-Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:48:54 GMT
Client-Warning: Internal response

500 Can't connect to rt.innocent.com:443 (Bad protocol 'tcp')

dnmcimincw13:web#=20

Any ideas?

=2D-=20
Michael J. Freeman
NMS Development
Netco Government Services, Inc.
=2D-
A lack of leadership is no substitute for inaction.

--nextPart5592645.ZYMlcV9hof

--nextPart5592645.ZYMlcV9hof--
0
mfreeman
12/12/2005 6:59:28 PM
perl.libwww 3331 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Michael J. Freeman" <mfreeman@netcogov.com> writes:

> 500 Can't connect to rt.innocent.com:443 (Bad protocol 'tcp')

This means that getprotobyname("tcp") fails.  On many Unix systems
this is looked up from /etc/protcols.  Try:

  $ perl -le 'print scalar(getprotobyname("tcp"))'

This ought to print 6 on most systems.  If it doesn't try to run it
under truss to figure out what is happening.

--Gisle
0
gisle
12/12/2005 10:16:13 PM
--nextPart2101304.uBY3BXZu35

Thank you. I ended up figuring it out using truss. The machine in question =
was=20
recently added as an LDAP client and it was looking for the protocols stuff=
=20
from the directory, which didn't have the data loaded.

On Monday 12 December 2005 16:16, Gisle Aas wrote:
> "Michael J. Freeman" <mfreeman@netcogov.com> writes:
> > 500 Can't connect to rt.innocent.com:443 (Bad protocol 'tcp')
>
> This means that getprotobyname("tcp") fails.  On many Unix systems
> this is looked up from /etc/protcols.  Try:
>
>   $ perl -le 'print scalar(getprotobyname("tcp"))'
>
> This ought to print 6 on most systems.  If it doesn't try to run it
> under truss to figure out what is happening.
>
> --Gisle

=2D-=20
Michael J. Freeman
NMS Development
Netco Government Services, Inc.
=2D-
The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the rest willing=
 to=20
let them.
	-- Robert Frost

--nextPart2101304.uBY3BXZu35

--nextPart2101304.uBY3BXZu35--
0
mfreeman

RE: Getting (Bad protocol 'tcp') errors under Solaris
Michael J. Freeman wrote: > I've got a small script that uses LWP::UserAgent that all of a > sudden, or so it seems, just stopped working. It simply takes a file > and tries to upload it to a CGI. It works under Linux and some of my > other Solaris boxes, but this one particular machine gives me this > error:=20 >=20 > dnmcimincw13:web# ./foo.pl moo.zip > CONTENT: 500 (Internal Server Error) Can't connect to > rt.innocent.com:443 (Bad protocol 'tcp') > Content-Type: text/plain Hmmm... Well, 443 is the default port for https traffic....

''''''''''''''''''''

Bad Protocol 'tcp'
I'm attemping to use LWP from my ISP that uses CPanel 5.0 and virtual hosting. When I try to use any LWP functions they all fail with the error: 500 Can't connect to www.somewhere.com:80 (Bad protocol 'tcp') I can use my simple test script from other hosted domains using CPanel 5.0 What does this mean? What is wrong with my ISPs server? He says he doesn't have a clue. perldiver.pl reports: Perl Executable: /usr/bin/perl Perl Version: 5.006001 PERL compile version OS: linux GID: (If not blank, you are on a machine that supports membership in mu...

'''''

Getting error: 'TabContainer' is ambiguous in the namespace 'AjaxControlToolkit'
I'm using VB.Net 2005, ASP.Net 2.0 - In my ASP.Net code I have  <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %> In my VB.Net I am connecting to a function that calls an RPC from COBOL - the function is working correctly (returning "0000") but I am getting an error on these lines of code: Dim ajax_tab_container As New AjaxControlToolkit.TabContainerDim tabpanel_cat1 As New AjaxControlToolkit.TabPanel Both lines are returning "Ambiguous namespace" and niether is de...

error in ''%'' operator
hi... friends    i got this error (Syntax error: Missing operand after ''%'' operator)below statement. dtBtnScr.DefaultView.RowFilter = "LOCATION_CITY'" + txtCity.Text.Trim() + "%'AND LOCATION_STATE '" + ddlState.SelectedValue + "%'AND UNIT_ID'" + txtUnitCode + "%'AND UNIT_NAME '" + txtUnitName.Text.Trim() + "%'";   thnax friends It thinks you are trying to use the modulo operator: %. Look at the RowFilter string after you build it ...you should see the prob...

Getting the Error Msgs 'The built-in function 'rowcnt' has been deprecated. Use the new built-in function 'row_count' instead.'
Hello, I am getting the error messages when connecting to ASE 15.0 vi DBArtisan 8.1, I am just wondering if any body has encountered the same problem. TIA Yes - upgrade to DBArtisan 8.1.2 On 22 Aug 2006 11:22:48 -0700, in sybase.public.ase.administration <AJ> wrote: >Hello, >I am getting the error messages when connecting to ASE 15.0 >vi DBArtisan 8.1, I am just wondering if any body has >encountered the same problem. TIA Several of the builtin functions in ASE 15.0 have been redefined (either in spelling, format, or both). This means that any applicat...

getting an error javascript:_dopostback('caldate','2285') in popup calendar
Hi. I am getting an error for a popup calendar as javascript:_dopostback('caldate','2285') when I try to select date from calendar. The code is in asp.net and .aspx.vb file of calendar control contains following code. Protected Sub Change_Date(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Dim strScript As String = "<script>window.opener.document.forms(0)." + control.Value + ".value = '" strScript += calDate.SelectedDate.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy") strScript += "';self.close()" strScript += "</" + "script>" RegisterClientScriptBlock("anything", strScript) End Sub....

Salesforce API
Salesforce API - getting error  please help.   Compiler Error Message: CS0117: 'sforce.sObject' does not contain a definition for 'Any'Source Error: Line 68: Line 69: sforce.sObject con = qr.records[0]; Line 70: string fName = con.Any[0].InnerText; Line 71: Line 72: // lead = qr.records[0]; Codeprivate void querySample() {sforce.sObject lead; int i;sforce.QueryResult qr = sfdc.query("select name from lead");for (; true;) {for (i = 0; (i <= qr.records.Length); i++) { lead = qr...

Get "EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'master', owner 'dbo'." error when debugger attached
I'm connecting to database using VPN. When i execute web site WITHOUT attching debugger in visual studio, it connects to database fine and get the expected result. BUT if i attach debugger to aspnet_wp.exe in visual studio, i get following error when i try to open sql connection. "EXECUTE permission denied on object 'sp_sdidebug', database 'master', owner 'dbo'."   why and how do i resolve this problem Hi,You have not grant the execute permission for that stored procedure sp_sdidebug. Give execute permission and it should work.Hope this helps.&...

IO::Socket::SSL: Bad protocol 'tcp'
Hi , I am relatively new to LDAP, I am trying a piece of perl code to connect to a LDAP server.But getting some error which really put me into trouble.I am geeting an error "IO::Socket::SSL: Bad protocol 'tcp'" I am working on Solaris 9 OS, Here is my perl code my $LDAPServer = 'ldaps://xxxx'; my $name = xxxxx; # Get LDAP dn for current user my $ldap = Net::LDAPS->new($LDAPServer, version => 3); if (!defined($ldap)) { error(new CGI,"Failed to connect to LDAP server: $@\n"); } I am getting an Error ...

Getting, 'Error: 'HttpContext.Current.Session' is not an array or pointer. Indexing is not available.'
 Hi all,I have a web service which tests to see if a session is available (because the web service sits on a website that calls an IFrame where the web service call is called from - confusing I know), but it always raises the following error message... 'Error: 'HttpContext.Current.Session' is not an array or pointer. Indexing is not available.' The code that raises this was works perfectly fine locally and on the test server, now all of a sudden it does not workI have googled this, but nothing really comes up.The code that is generating this message is as follo...

getting error as Type 'AjaxControlToolkit.MaskedEditExtender' does not have a public property named 'UserTimeFormat'.
Dear All, i am using asp.net 2.0 , C# and ajax1.0 i am getting this error Type 'AjaxControlToolkit.MaskedEditExtender' does not have a public property named 'UserTimeFormat'. while i load the form on live server but this error i am not getting on test server i have register ajaxtoolkit in the form only as  <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="ajaxToolkit" %> and using it as  <ajaxToolkit:MaskedEditExtender ID="MaskedEditExtender1" runat="server" Ena...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

Web resources about - Getting (Bad protocol 'tcp') errors under Solaris - perl.libwww