cannot use other packages when using CGI

Hi all,

I am using CGI package in my script. When i try to use other packages
like LWP::UserAgent inside the same script, it is not working in the web
environment.

But when i run the script from the command prompt it is working fine.

Anyone please do solve my problem.

Thanks +ACY- Regards,
wilson.

0
wilson
10/29/1999 11:56:36 AM
perl.libwww 3331 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to use the arguments to use() in the package being used
Howdy,=20 The subject says it all believe it or not :) What I'm trying to figure out is how to pass an argument=20 (pragma I believe is the proper term) to use() and do=20 sonethign in the package based on it. I've looked at CGI.pm source but can't seem to track it down.=20 (Similar idea as to CGIs -oldstyle_urls -newstyel_urls) http://search.cpan.org/~lds/CGI.pm-3.04/CGI.pm#PRAGMAS What I'd like to do is something like this: # for old time's sake we'll just use our favorite module use Foo::Monkey qw(:Foo :Bar -doamazingthings); #then in Foo::Monkey...

why to use 1)use CGI,2)use Strict ,3)use Carp in script
hi why we r using 1)use CGI, 2)use Strict, 3)use Carp in the begining of script sometimes. What is the use of it.Is the files CGI.pm,Strict.pm,Carp.pm default with PERL. Thnx __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 09:31, supriya devburman wrote: > hi Hi > why we r using > 1)use CGI, We only use CGI when we want to use methods from that module (usually on web pages); see `perldoc CGI` for more information on what you...

Using Using
I have just completed reading a chapter in my book on performance. The books says to speed up performance on your web site you should use the using statement when opening connections. My question is how do you catch errors if you are using this as apposed to a try catch block.thanksBryan  Why would you use it as an alternative to a try/catch statement. Couldn't you just do something like  public void UsingSomeMethod() { try { SomeMethod(); } catch(SomeException e) { /// do something useful }}public void SomeMethod() { using (Something) { ...

When to use ( and when to use ((?
I'm just not getting it. When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is the space after either or both mandatory? For example, I coded this statement: if (( $_ eq $bad_guys_ip )) { more_stuff_here }; Why the two (( in an if? And why does it seem to not work when I miss the space after the ((? Thanx! Mark me as... /Corn-fused|Dense/ > I'm just not getting it. >=20 > When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is > the space after either or both mandatory? >=20 > For example, I coded this sta...

[moonbuzz@gmail.com: Re: Help using cgi]Re: Help using cgi
On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 04:05:31AM -0700, prashant kaushal wrote: > Hi Di, > > Yesterday i tried a "Hello world" program in perl using cgi script on a windows platform. The steps i followed were: > > 1. Made a directory in "C:" and named it "cgi-bin" > 2. Wrote my source code file and saved it with "test.cgi" > That won't do, you need to configure a webserver to execute that code. There are 2 ways to go about it: 1: install Apache, you can find a ready-to-go distribution at http://apachefriends.org 2: configure...

Using Use:CGI to process form variables
Hi all, As a Perl Newbie I just felt more comfortable processing form variables using the method I'm most comfortable with As Jenda pointed out in a previous post that this is not the best method. > #read STDIN, $PostData, $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'}; > > #print "post data =$PostData<br>"; > > #postdata will look like this > #txtEmailAddr=colin.johnstone@det.nsw.edu.au&radAction=unsubscribe&rad > #Format=html&Submit=Submit I need to extract from this string the > #fields and their values > my @fields = split( /\&a...

What is the package or command needed to use when using stat
hi, I am trying to use stat in a perl script with MySQL.i am getting the following error. do I need to add some kind of a use command at the top? [root@cctv cgi-bin]# perl dbtest.pl Global symbol "$file" requires explicit package name at dbtest.pl line 13. Global symbol "$size" requires explicit package name at dbtest.pl line 14. Global symbol "$mtime" requires explicit package name at dbtest.pl line 14. Global symbol "$file" requires explicit package name at dbtest.pl line 14. Global symbol "$size" requires explicit package name a...

When to use/not use ViewState
I'm creating a client app and I'm wondering is it neccessary to enable viewstate for "All" the fields. When should you use viewstate and when should you "NOT" use viewstate. Thanks.Daniel It depends on your requirements. if you dont need to preserve the contents of inputboxes past the initial post then dont turn on viewstate for them. you could take the approach of turning off viewstate for everything, and then turn it back on item by item as you find you need it. It shouldnt just be enabled for everything as it does make the page heavier - especially with ...

To use or not to use Delphi

DSRepair
Any good information on when to use Dsrepair which settings to use ? Is this something that should be run on a monthly /weekly basis and which of the million settings should be turned on:o) Use DSREPAIR to fix a broken database - that is what it is intended to be used for. It is not intended to be used as a "regular maintenance" tool. Using it in this way can in fact hide more serious issues by removing symptoms that indicate a more serious problem. Use it as a last resort for trying to identify problems with the database. Run health checks weekly or monthly (...

How to use net use?
Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax error message. Thanks in advance. "Beowulf" <who-knows@no-one.com> wrote in message news:9krutk$puu$1@news.grc.com... > Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? > > I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax > error message. what are you trying to do? There are about 50 options to "net use" that do a ton of different thin...

To use signatures or not to use?
--001a11c3871a8a8fe2051b7b8b18 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Dear all, Perl now has subroutine signatures. However, they are marked as experimental feature. As I really like it, I'm always tempted to use it. On the other hand, I don't want to wast efforts to something I have to roll back. So, does anyone know the tendency if signatures are going to stay? I'm not looking for the standard "do if you want to do it because TIMTOWTDI" answer, it will not help me. I'm looking for rumors, or eventually an assessment from the people who did the fe...

To use DNN or not to use?
Hello,I am developing a community web based appication for non-profits and social service agencies in our county, that will be used to provide and track client services in a single datastore.Some built in features that dnn has is what I need, but I need custom tree navigation, list views, edit on the fly, several customized layers for data access, etc.I am familiar with asp.net, but not very familiar with dnn.  I installed  dnn on a friends website but never had time to configure and learn more about it.What are the general rules when deciding when to use dnn and when not...

this keyword- to use or not to use???
While reading some articles I came across this sample code which uses the "this" keyword. Is this best practice?         this.sqldsCustomerDetails.SelectParameters.Clear();        this.sqldsCustomerDetails.SelectParameters.Add("customerid", Convert.ToString(this.gvCustomers.DataKeys[row.RowIndex].Value));        this.dvCustomerDetail.DataSource = this.sqldsCustomerDetails;        this.dvCustomerDetail.DataBind(); In my code I usual...

Web resources about - cannot use other packages when using CGI - perl.libwww

CARE Package - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 1945, the newly formed CARE (then the Cooperative for American Remittances to Europe) initiated a program to send food relief to Europe, where ...

VW starts up 'clean' diesel Goodwill Package in Canada
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Volkswagen , Emissions , Canada , Diesel German automaker looks to make things a little more right north ...

The best things come in small (Street View!) packages
For those looking to relive their childhood dreams of being a conductor of their own railway and playing with dollhouses, we have a Street View ...

Someone sent the Oregon militiamen some pretty vulgar 'care packages'
... — instead, they received a dildo and a small bag of d-cks. One of the militiamen, Jon Ritzheimer, posted a video of himself opening packages ...

Rosa Parks Transit Center In Downtown Detroit Evacuated Over Suspicious Package
The Detroit Department of Transportation has cleared the building and called the Detroit Police bomb squad to investigate.

Tim Cook's 2015 pay package climbs 12% to $10.3M
Apple CEO Tim Cook's 2015 compensation reached nearly $10.3 million, up 12% from the year before, a filing Wednesday with the U.S. Securities ...

VW Expands “Goodwill Package” To Include 3-Liter Vehicles That Evade Emissions Standards
Back in November, Volkswagen announced a “goodwill package” of cash and credit intended to placate some owners of supposed “clean diesel” cars ...

Awww, Islamophobe 'Patriot' Jon Ritzheimer Didn't Like His Care Packages
... We’re not gonna be deterred. Hey Jon, real patriots don't request French Vanilla creamer for their coffee and send out requests for care packages. ...

Would Thursday Night Football Package Be Split Between CBS & NBC?
It’s decision time for next season’s Thursday Night Football package. There had been a lot of speculation over the last couple of days that the ...

Amazon Expanding Same-Day Package Pickup to University of Pennsylvania
The service, which starts this spring, will let Amazon shoppers pick up their purchases on the campus on the same day they place an order.