missing method "asn" in "Net::LDAP::LDIF"

hi!

I just tried to work a bit with Net::LDAP::LDIF but
I got an error during $ldap->add:

Can't locate object method "asn" via package "Net::LDAP::LDIF" at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Net/LDAP.pm line 444, <DATA> line 225.

I recently installed Convert::ASN1 0.19 an perl-ldap-0.33.

Any hints? Thanks a lot!

--
Liebe Gruesse, with best regards
Stephan Lauffer

[ Pedagogical University Freiburg - Germany ]
[ http://www.ph-freiburg.de/zik/            ]
[ Fon/ Fax: +49 761 682 -459/ -486          ]

0
lauffer
9/13/2005 6:18:57 PM
perl.ldap 1263 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Tuesday, 13. September 2005 20:18, Stephan Lauffer wrote:
> I just tried to work a bit with Net::LDAP::LDIF but
> I got an error during $ldap->add:
>
> Can't locate object method "asn" via package "Net::LDAP::LDIF" at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Net/LDAP.pm line 444, <DATA> line 225.

Did you solve your problem already ?
If not, here might be the solution.

According to the error message you seem to call $ldap->add()
with a Net::LDAP::LDIF object as parameter.

This is not correct. You need to get the entries (Net::LDAP::Entry objects)
from the LDIF file using Net::LDAP::LDIF's read_entry() method
and use this object as argument to Net::LDAP's add() method.

Hope it helps
Peter

--
Peter Marschall
eMail: peter@adpm.de

"To" and "From" missing

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

Can't locate object method "disconnect" via package "Net::LDAP"
------_=_NextPart_001_01C85279.EDDDD442 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I am trying to disconnect the ldap connection handle in a perl program. Here is the sequence that I am following: connect and bind unbind $ldap->disconnect(); I get the error Can't locate object method "disconnect" via package "Net::LDAP" How should I use disconnect?=20 What is the difference between an unbind and disconnect? Unbind seems to work just fine. I am just curious. Thanks, Praveen ...

<ldap-err ldap-rc="68" ldap-rc-name="LDAP_ALREADY_EXISTS">
Hi, i've create, from two virutal machines of Utopia SIM, two phisical machine. The provisioning to Active directory don't work (SAP emulator, Telco, Lotus Notes work fine). When i create the users (with Enhanced provisioning Workflow") or when i try to syncronize eDir with AD i receve this error (for the new user): <ldap-err ldap-rc="68" ldap-rc-name="LDAP_ALREADY_EXISTS"> I've already seen TID 10091618. I think that the problem is in the AD. I've created it manually (without ntbackup) but with the same structure: OU=Utopia __...

Replacing "\\" with "\"

double quote

"Using" or "With"

Using "+" or "||"

"Me" is better than "You"

replace the "." with a ","

Web resources about - missing method "asn" in "Net::LDAP::LDIF" - perl.ldap