Please! Please! Please! Please! Help

I am very new to the Linux/Oracle/Perl world coming from a many many
years of a Windows environment.

I have self learned everything I know about this new environment.

So far I have successfully installed Redhat 9 in an Intel box and have
gotten Oracle 9I running correctly.  I can run scripts via sqlplus,
sqlldr etc.

Perl (I think ver. 5.8.0)  is running on the box and I can create and
run scripts that do other processes but I have had no success in getting
Perl to connect to the Oracle database to generate some reports.  With
my experience using MS-SQL there is no major issues with the actual
queries and processes in the perl scripts just establishing the
connection itself.

From what I have found on the net it looks like I need to install DBI
and DBD but I do not know where to start.  I have downloaded
DBD-Oracle-1.14 from CPAN and read the readme.  A few of the lines in
the readme say

Build, test and install the DBI module (at least DBI 1.08).
    It is very important to TEST it and INSTALL it!

    Remember to *read* the DBI README file and this one CAREFULLY!

Where do I find the DBI module and the readme file?

I have read A Guide to Installing Modules from perlmonks.org and feel a
small level of comfort in the install but some kind of instructions for
someone like me who is trying to make the transition from windows would
be a big help.  Does something like this exist?  If so where?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

p.s. I hope this is the correct way to post and ask for help.
p.p.s I do NOT want to do any of this via MS-Windows.  I won't learn
anything this way.

0
RKopacz
7/27/2003 1:58:36 AM
perl.dbi.users 11099 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Ainsi parlait Robert Kopacz :
> Where do I find the DBI module and the readme file?
As you're using a distribution with a packaging system, you'd far better use
the packages it offers rather than manually install anything.

Check on your preferred RedHat mirror for available perl packages, i guess you
should find the DBI one quite easily.
--
Disks are always full. It is futile to try to get more disk space. Data
expands to fill any void.

0
rousse
7/27/2003 11:51:36 AM
Also learn about CPAN.  Either

	'cpan'=20
or
	'perl -MCPAN -e shell'

will get you to the CPAN shell.  It will ask you to configure it; be =
sure to use the suggested

	UNINST=3D1

in the make parameters if you are installing as root, as this prevents =
(in most cases) multiple copies of modules.

Then you can=20

	install DBD

or search for it with=20

	/i DBD/

and then install it.

There are some instructions that come with the DBD::Oracle and they say =
you need Pro*C and SQLNet to compile the driver.=20

Search these archives for more help.

Greg

Gregory L. Hering
4807 Bradford Drive
Huntsville, AL 35805
(256) 722-6420

0
Greg

Please Please Please
I have only been asking for 4 years but PLEASE include a setting at the accounts level that sets the default compose to plain text if the account of type NEWS. Its a PITA to have to recall or remember to change my compose to plain text manually! Andre, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check a...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Name: Nick Crain Email: n.crain_at_rogers.com Product: Firefox Summary: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Comments: Can you please include a rss feed indicator thing like IE 7 has. You know where every time you visit a page that has an rss feed available it beeps and then you can subscribe to it? That is such a handy feature. It's just too bad it's on a damn microsux product. please put it in firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7 Nick Crain wrote: > Name: Nick Crain > Email: n.crain_at_r...

please please please
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: please please please Comments: could you please resolve this crashing. the browsers crashes so often... I'm watching streaming video and it crashes in the middle of it... which costs me. I don't want to exceed me bandwith with friggin rogers. they're a pain. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you mus...

Please, please, please ....
Name: Dean Talboys Email: deanatlouistalboysdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Please, please, please .... Comments: Could you include a button on Firefox to register the currently viewed site as Firefox "Unfriendly"? I'm a developer of sophisticated Internet applications (check out http://www.psychl.com/ONE/cyclex.asp to see how much abuse a browser can take) and I always spend time to ensure my sites are IE and Firefox compatible. But I'm really frustrated at the number of sites that aren't Firefox compatible. You know, you get to the last screen of ...

Please please please
Folks, Please can we stop the petty bickering about banning or not banning............... The points have been made and in my opinion this is not the place to carry on with it. Once again - PLEASE! Regards Ian _____________________________________ Ian Sargent Education & Training Consulting Services Ltd Tel/Fax: 01344 644579 Mobile: 07970 847197 email: ians@etcs.co.uk www: http://www.etcs.co.uk _____________________________________ "Ian Sargent" <ians@nospam_etcs.co.uk> wrote in news:af7d6c$2da6$1 @news.grc.com: > Please can we st...

Please Please Please help
I am trying to populate a second dropdownlist from the first. both dropdownlists are displayed inside the datagrid. I can populate the first one easily but my onselectedindexchanged event states: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: Line 195...

Please Please Please HELP!!!
I have posted this many times to no avail. I managed to publish the site somwhere despite being an intranet. I have published the site just in case I was not clear in explaining the prblem that I was having. Go to http://www.undg.ks.undp.org/test/login.aspx and login with userid: test password: test Click on 'search for cases' and then click on the search button (the dates are inserted automatically). Click on the paging and try to go to page 12,13,14,15 - any page really above page 11. Can you see what is happening? Below is the code that I am using. Please tell me wha...

Please Please Please help me out...
hello, our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please help me out i'm a newbie. hello, our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please help me out i'm a newbie. the file server ip is 192.20.71.1 the proxy ip is 192.20.71.252 akula_26@hotmail.com wrote: > our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a > proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please hel...

Please help, please, please
This is driving me crazy, I cannot find what is wrong with this thing. I have a custom module and after post back none of the following are processed : user, login, visibility, title, solpartmenu. None of it gets processed. Please help meYou died at the very end of your life Are you saying a skin, or a custom module. With custom modules you should not be dealing with tokens, I don't think they have anything to do with it. What module are you working with? No I am not using tokens, container skin is Classic skin that comes with DNN. I am talking about custom module. It has a text box a...

Please, Please
Name: Ernesto Rodriguez Email: aspacsaathotmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Please, Please Comments: Hey Guys, If you really want us to reclaim our inbox, please make Thunderbird work with exchange. Browser Details: Opera/9.20 (X11; Linux i686; U; en) ...

PLEASE TEACH ME HOW TO SEND EMAIL...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!
Hi,I am new to this forum and hope it will help me reach out for my target. well, my task is to create a web page with followign description. please help me out the email part. well, it is a request form page where, when one fills up the request adn clicks the submit request button, and information should go automatically to the authorizer, saying that so and so request has been made and the detail of the post can also be viewed in so and so page (folow the link to view detail) and when the person opens the page, there is a button called "grant the request". when only that button i...

LDAP Request Help
My head is about to fly off my neck and shoot through the ceiling! Ive been trying to make the following code work for weeks, and I cannot figure it out. The code is located at this website: http://v5.beta.docutek.com/eres/custom/fresnoLDAP.aspx. Everytime I try to run this sub I get the following error: "Unknown error (0x80005000) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServic...

Please, please help.
My web page would not show, so I wrote and uploaded a small config file. The index.aspx file will show now. Now I have a problem that is horrible. When My website is displayed, it is really, really slow to load. All images are displayed one after another it appears. For example, my toolbar buttons will display, coming in about once every second. Then other images succesively come in slow. It looks so bad. Imagine 1996 with a slow pc accesing the web. Just like that. What can I do? Is there a way to cache everything in a page before it is actually displayed to the screen. I am rea...

Please, Please Help!
I have been trying to figure this out for weeks now and I dont know what is going on. I am trying to insert a row into a database and for some reason it gives me this error. I really need help on this, I have been trying to figure this out for SO long and I can't find anything anywhere.     Unable to open the physical file "C:\ASP.NET\App_Data\dbInfo.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)".An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\ASP.NET\App_Data\dbInfo.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file canno...

Web resources about - Please! Please! Please! Please! Help - perl.dbi.users

It Continues to Be a Real Mystery Why Republicans Aren't Connecting with a Majority of Female Voters
[Content Note: Rape culture.] More terrific commentary on rape from another Republican legislator: Using the profile name "Stick," [Republican ...

AT&T leak reveals the end of two-year contracts
According to newly leaked documents, AT&T is doing away with two-year contracts early next month, moving subscribers over to its’ AT&T Next installment ...

The first glimpse of Bill Cosby after the sexual assault charge
The comedian Bill Cosby, who was charged with a second-class sexual assault felony on Wednesday morning, arrived at court in Pennsylvania for ...

Apple has had to pay €318 million in Italy to settle tax probe
Apple has, according to a recent report, been ordered to pay some 318 million in order to settle a dispute concerning Cupertino’s mispayment ...

Woman going wrong way on I-95 kills 4 others and herself near Miami
New York Daily News Woman going wrong way on I-95 kills 4 others and herself near Miami New York Daily News A woman killed four people and ...

Affluenza teen and mother granted temporary stay against deportation
Despite being in Mexico on expired tourist visas, fugitives Ethan Couch and his mother have been granted a delay against deportation from Mexico. ...

Apple hit with class action lawsuit, saying iOS 9 crippled older phones
Today is not a good day for Apple. Earlier we brought you news that the giant agreed to pay a $347M settlement for underpaying corporate taxes ...

Full Episode: GMA 12/30/15: Missouri Flooded by Historic Levels of River Water
True-Crime Stories Taking Over Our Viewing Screens?; Sheryl Sandberg Opens Up About Late Husband, New Year

When The Biggest U.S. Airlines Try To Compete With Low-Cost Carriers, Travelers Win
Usually we wouldn’t be fans of fighting, but when it comes to companies vying for consumers’ hard-earned dollars, the more they try to one-up ...

Eagles CEO says Chip Kelly didn't push to keep coaching job
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Chip Kelly didn't push to stay on as Eagles coach in his final meeting with team CEO Jeffrey Lurie, Lurie said Wednesday. ...