mysql.pm not installing

I am having trouble installing the mysql.pm module. I have
the default
install of mysql and when installing the mysql.pm (Using
Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2216 and running perl Makefile.pl) it
asks for mysql.h
which does not exist on the server. Mysql is running and I
have all the
databases setup for it. I then downloaded a new copy of
mysql and untared
it. This version does have a mysql.h and the directory to
successfully run
perl Makefile.pl but after when I attempt to 'make' it comes
up with...

make[1]: Entering directory
`/var/www/html/gzfiles/Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2216/mysql'
LD_RUN_PATH="/var/www/html/gzfiles/mysql-3.23.40-unknown-linux-gnu-alphaev6/
lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96"
gcc -o
.../blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so  -shared
-L/usr/local/lib dbdimp.o
mysql.o -L/var/www/html/gzfiles/mysql-3.23.40-unknown-linux-gnu-alphaev6/lib
    -L/var/www/html/gzfiles/mysql-3.23.40-unknown-linux-gnu-alphaev6/lib
-lm
ysqlclient -lm -lz -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96
-lgcc
/var/www/html//gzfiles/mysql-3.23.40-unknown-linux-gnu-alphaev6/lib/libmysql
client.a: could not read symbols: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/var/www/html/gzfiles/Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2216/mysql'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 2

Any idea why this is failing. I have to get DBD:mysql
working.

Thanks for any help you can offer,
            John
0
jwanko
8/8/2001 4:12:34 PM
perl.dbi.users 11096 articles. 1 followers. Follow

POSSIBLE BUG IN Win32 DBI INSTALL MODULE: DBI "prepare" no work FW: List 'dbi-users' closed to public posts
I have ActiveState Win32perl running. I installed fresh DBI, DBD, etc. from perl ppm.pl> prompt. But prepare( ) doesn't work (see below). perldoc DBI/DBD/DBI-FAQ are not useful since they assume it works. Any hints? Art www.mp3.com/ArthurSulit Classical Artist recently charted above Madonna -----Original Message----- From: Art Sulit [mailto:art@prs.net] Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2001 1:51 PM To: Webmaster@ActiveState.com Subject: POSSIBLE BUG IN YOUR DBI INSTALL MODULE: DBI "prepare" no work Hello, THERE IS A POSSIBLE BUG IN YOUR DBI INSTALL M...

multiple DBI::Format's in CPAN installing to different locations, and $VERSION bug in DBI-Shell-11.9/lib/DBI/Format/SQLMinus.pm
DBI::Format comes with DBI-1.32 in lib/DBI/Format.pm as VERSION 11.4 and DBI-Shell-11.9 in lib/DBI/Format.pm as VERSION 11.8 According to the .packlist files DBI installs Format.pm in /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.9.0/i686-linux/DBI but DBI/Shell installs the newer version in /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.9.0/DBI/Format.pm In my @INC, /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.9.0/i686-linux (where DBI installs the older Format.pm) comes before /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.9.0 (where the newer DBI-Shell is installed) This causes the older DBI::...

Installing DBD::MySql without MySql installed
Hi, I would like to install the database driver for MySql, however I would like to not have to install MySql on the local machine. Is there a way of doing this? Thanks in advance, Joe Grastara Project Assistant Digital Media Center The Skirball Institute Of Biomolecular Medicine New York University Medical Center 540 First Ave., New York City, NY 10016 USA grastara@saturn.med.nyu.edu http://www.med.nyu.edu/graphics You should only need the client libraries for the machine you are on. -----Original Message----- From: Joe Grastara [mailto:grastara@saturn.med.nyu.ed...

Installing DBI with MySql
I try to install DBI with MySql. I want to use it. Installing DBI 1.26 make some problams see below for a complete log of a complete build. I�m a beginner and working on this thing since one week. Reading a lot of Readme�s, FAQ and so on. There is no idear to go on and no understanding of the problam .... and Now? Under http://nntp.perl.org/group/perl.dbi.users/12006 there is my posting from yesterday. (Describes the way I want to go to let it run.....) So I hope this is enough information, or is my problam to stupid to answer? Thangs for help Cu Mark Mark Nie�en Software Engin...

CPAN.pm installs DBI-1.35 instead of DBI-1.36?
-ponder- $ perl -MCPAN -e 'shell' > install DBI Installs DBI-1.35 instead of the brand spanking new DBI-1.36? Or is it = just me? Or am I an idiot? $ perl -MCPAN -e 'print $CPAN::VERSION' 1.70 (Default CPAN install.) Thanks, j -------- Maybe this would be a good thing to list in this report too? $ cat /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/CPAN/Config.pm # This is CPAN.pm's systemwide configuration file. This file provides # defaults for users, and the values can be changed in a per-user # configuration file. The user-config file is being looked for as...

Installation of DBI and oracle.pm
------_=_NextPart_001_01C31028.C58EC430 Content-Type: text/plain Hi y'all!! I recently downloaded the DBI and Oracle.pm modules and I ordered the O'Reilly book "Programming the PERL DBI". I was hoping it had installation instructions (ok, so the title doesn't say anything about "installation", but, hey, ya never know, right??), but it didn't. So, are there any detailed installation instructions for installing the DBI and the Oracle.pm modules running around that I can read and follow?? I am a UNIX Sys Admin with some Oracl...

Installing MySql DBD without installing MySql- general question.
------_=_NextPart_001_01C0F85B.7D4D3C60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" I am trying to install the DBI module and DBD for MySql on our application server running HP-Ux 10.2. I have a Linux box set up as an Apache server that is running MySql and want to query its database. When I run make (after having run Makefile.PL) on the Mysql modules-1.2215 I get an "Error exit code 1 Don't know how to make /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql.h". Can't I install the DBI on a machine without installing the database? I have looked at O'Reilly's Programm...

mysql.pm module not installing
I am having trouble installing the mysql.pm module. I have the default install of mysql and when installing the mysql.pm (Using Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2216 and running perl Makefile.pl) it asks for mysql.h which does not exist on the server. Mysql is running and I have all the databases setup for it. I then downloaded a new copy of mysql and untared it. This version does have a mysql.h and the directory to successfully run perl Makefile.pl but after when I attempt to 'make' it comes up with... make[1]: Entering directory `/var/www/html/gzfiles/Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2216/mysql...

DBI.pm install error
I have downloaded the DBI-1.32.tar.gz file and I have decompressed. I have succefully geneerated the makefile while running 'make' command I got the following error: D:\DBI-1.32>make MAKE Version 5.2 Copyright (c) 1987, 2000 Borland Error makefile 894: Redefinition of target 'Perl.c' Fatal makefile 987: No terminator specified for in-line file operator Can any one tell me what I have to do? Thanks in advance Ganesh -- Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! h...

Installing DBD::mysql without installing mysql on local machine
Hi, Wonder if someone could help me, I am trying to install DBD::mysql module to access a remote mysql database. I am getting errors when running Makefile.PL: Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line 169. I think I need to download some libraries? Do you know where I can get them? The version of mysql installed on the remote machine is 3.22.25. Many thanks in advance. Priss __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and M...

Problem with DBI and MySQL Installation??
Hi, I have installed DBI and the DBD for MySql. I can't remember it very well, but I think I got some error messages when doing 'make test' during the installation of DBD. Now, I can use DBI and when asking it for the available drivers, the driver for my sql appears in the list. However, when trying to connect to a mysql database I get the following message: ld.so.1: /opt/perl5.6.1/bin/perl: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/perl5.6.1/lib/site_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so: symbol mysql_init: referenced symbol not found Killed Any id...

RE: Installing MySql DBD without installing MySql- general questi on.
Install mysql client first Anton -----Original Message----- From: Niles Reichardt [mailto:nlr@vetmed.wsu.edu] Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 6:02 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: Installing MySql DBD without installing MySql- general question. I am trying to install the DBI module and DBD for MySql on our application server running HP-Ux 10.2. I have a Linux box set up as an Apache server that is running MySql and want to query its database. When I run make (after having run Makefile.PL) on the Mysql modules-1.2215 I get an "Error exit code 1 Don't know how to make ...

DBI / DBD / MySQL installation problem
Hi, (sorry for fairly lengthy post) I used to run Red Hat 9, and had a perfect relationship with Perl, DBI, and MySQL. However, after upgrading to Fedora Core 4, I am no longer able to connect to MySQL from Perl via DBI. My simple test script: --------------------------- #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use DBI; my $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:database=MyOwnDatabase;host=localhost", "MyUserName", "MySpecialPassword", {'RaiseError' => 1}); my $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT * FROM MainTable"); $st...

Installing 32 bit DBI.pm
--_000_94674FFBA176BA4093C74A5676CB411E2B7C90048CH1MPN1068048d_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, We are using a 32 bit perl 5.8.0 =3D ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386= , version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared li= bs), for GNU/Linux 2.2.5, not stripped As per your support matrix - http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=3DDBI%201= ..621;maxver=3D1 , I downloaded DBI 1.605 and installed it. I got errors when installing and it seems to be due to DBI.pm is ELF 64-bit= LSB sha...

Web resources about - mysql.pm not installing - perl.dbi.users

Solar panels are lifted into place.

The builder of a south-west Sydney unit block where a young woman plunged to her death during a ferocious fire told a certifier to reduce ...

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper