Installing DBD::MySql without MySql installed

Hi,

I would like to install the database driver for MySql, however I would
like to not have to install MySql on the local machine. Is there a way of
doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Joe Grastara
Project Assistant
Digital Media Center
The Skirball Institute Of Biomolecular Medicine
New York University Medical Center
540 First Ave., New York City, NY 10016 USA
grastara@saturn.med.nyu.edu
http://www.med.nyu.edu/graphics

0
grastara
3/27/2001 11:59:14 PM
perl.dbi.users 11085 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You should only need the client libraries for the machine you are on.

I would like to install the database driver for MySql, however I would
like to not have to install MySql on the local machine. Is there a way of
doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Joe Grastara
Project Assistant
Digital Media Center
The Skirball Institute Of Biomolecular Medicine
New York University Medical Center
540 First Ave., New York City, NY 10016 USA
grastara@saturn.med.nyu.edu
http://www.med.nyu.edu/graphics

Please Note :
Only  the intended recipient is authorised to access or use this e-mail.  If
you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this e-mail and notify the sender immediately.   The contents
of this e-mail are the writer's
opinion and are not necessarily endorsed by the Gunz Companies unless
expressly stated.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or
similar in any attachment.

0
neillunn
3/28/2001 1:20:16 AM
DBD::Mysql needs mysql libs to be able to compile, which are installed with
Mysql installation.  You can then uninstall mysql.

Ilya Sterin

I would like to install the database driver for MySql, however I would
like to not have to install MySql on the local machine. Is there a way of
doing this?

Thanks in advance,

Joe Grastara
Project Assistant
Digital Media Center
The Skirball Institute Of Biomolecular Medicine
New York University Medical Center
540 First Ave., New York City, NY 10016 USA
grastara@saturn.med.nyu.edu
http://www.med.nyu.edu/graphics
0
Isterin

Installing DBD::mysql without installing mysql on local machine
Hi, Wonder if someone could help me, I am trying to install DBD::mysql module to access a remote mysql database. I am getting errors when running Makefile.PL: Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line 169. I think I need to download some libraries? Do you know where I can get them? The version of mysql installed on the remote machine is 3.22.25. Many thanks in advance. Priss __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and M...

Installing MySql DBD without installing MySql- general question.
------_=_NextPart_001_01C0F85B.7D4D3C60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" I am trying to install the DBI module and DBD for MySql on our application server running HP-Ux 10.2. I have a Linux box set up as an Apache server that is running MySql and want to query its database. When I run make (after having run Makefile.PL) on the Mysql modules-1.2215 I get an "Error exit code 1 Don't know how to make /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql.h". Can't I install the DBI on a machine without installing the database? I have looked at O'Reilly's Programm...

RE: Installing MySql DBD without installing MySql- general questi on.
Install mysql client first Anton -----Original Message----- From: Niles Reichardt [mailto:nlr@vetmed.wsu.edu] Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 6:02 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: Installing MySql DBD without installing MySql- general question. I am trying to install the DBI module and DBD for MySql on our application server running HP-Ux 10.2. I have a Linux box set up as an Apache server that is running MySql and want to query its database. When I run make (after having run Makefile.PL) on the Mysql modules-1.2215 I get an "Error exit code 1 Don't know how to make ...

DBI / DBD / MySQL installation problem
Hi, (sorry for fairly lengthy post) I used to run Red Hat 9, and had a perfect relationship with Perl, DBI, and MySQL. However, after upgrading to Fedora Core 4, I am no longer able to connect to MySQL from Perl via DBI. My simple test script: --------------------------- #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use DBI; my $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:database=MyOwnDatabase;host=localhost", "MyUserName", "MySpecialPassword", {'RaiseError' => 1}); my $sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT * FROM MainTable"); $st...

DBI-DBD mysql install message question
Good morning, Perhaps someone could answer this question for me. I've been working with DBD - mysql all morning and have gotten pretty much straight. There are two remaining error messages, i don't anything on the internet that explains them. t/50commit ...................ok 14/30 skipped: No transactions t/60leaks ...................skipped all skipped: no reason given If anyone could tell me what the messages mean and if they are a show stopper. thanks Joan Could you provide the affected source code for this section? -----Original Me...

New User: Problems with install DBD::mysql
Ok, I'm a newish Linux user, fresh install of Redhat 9.1, all RPMs uptodate.. When I install the Bundle::Bugzilla, everything works great up to the DBD::mysql section, at which point I get a stream of the following errors: <-- snip --> Unsuccessful stat on filename containing newline at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/ExtUtils/Liblist/Kid.pm line 97. <-- snip --> Followed by <-- snip --> Multiple copies of Driver.xst found in: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBI /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/D...

Problems installing DBI and DBD::mysql to a local directory
------=_Part_220954_11196489.1231417963521 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hello, Would you be able to give me some advice on a DBI issue I'm having? I'm quite new to Perl and completely new to MySQL. I'm currently trying to install DBI (v1.607) and DBD::mysql (v4.010). I'm hoping to use these along with BioPerl and the Ensembl Perl API, to access the online genomic database Ensembl automatically. I'm trying to install both DBI and DBD::mysql to a local directory, as I don't have ...

Fix for problems installing DBD::mysql-2.9004 with mysql-4.0.20
Perl-5.8.5 compiled happily, now updating DBD::mysql with: mysql-standard-4.0.20-pc-linux-i686 DBD-mysql-2.9004 Catch is that newer mysql distro's use ./lib and ./include for their files not ./lib/mysql or ./include/mysql. Fix is to symlink '.' to mysql in the lib directory and use an explicit '-I' with the cflags. For example: $ perl Makefile.PL I will use the following settings for compiling and testing: cflags (mysql_config) = -I/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql -mcpu=pentiumpro libs (mysql_config) = -L/usr/local/mysql/lib/my...

installing DBD::mysql
------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C3BF53.D508CB60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi everybody: =20 I=B4m trying to install DBD:mysql from CPAN and i get the next message =20 Warning: prerequisite DBI failed to load: Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/perl5/5.6 ..1/lib/sun4-solaris-64int /usr/perl5/5.6.1/lib /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris-64int /usr/pe rl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/perl5/site_perl /usr/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris-64int /usr/perl5/ vendor_perl/5.6.1 /usr/...

Cannot install DBD::mysql
On Win2k I did install perl (V. 5.6.0), DBI(1.18). So far ok.=20 But trying to install DBD::mysql (Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2216) let me run into=20 errors:=20 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----=20 link -out:..\blib\arch\auto\DBD\mysql\mysql.dll -dll -nologo -nodefaultlib -release -libpath:"c:\perl\5.6.0\lib\MSWin32-x86\CORE" -machine:x86 dbdimp.obj mysql.obj -LC:/mysql/lib C:\perl\5.6.0\lib\MSWin32-x86\CORE\perl56.lib C:\mysql\lib\mysqlclient.lib C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\VC98\lib\msvcrt.lib C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\VC98\lib\libc.lib C:\PROG...

Installing DBD::mysql??
------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8A149.0CE04CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I cannot instead module using ppm or MCPAN (office proxy wont allow me to do this) & I have never installed a perl module manually. I am installing DBD::mysql module. When I get into the module directory & type "perl makefile.pl" I get error as below: Failed to determine directory of mysql.h. Use "perl makefile.PL -cflags=-I<dir> to set this directory. I have searched for mysql.h file in downloaded m...

Installing DBD::mysql
Hi all, after successfully installung the DBI module from CPAN, I want to install D= BD:mysql. Unfortunately, the instructions which come with the driver are ra= ther cryptic for me, since they refer to RedHat Linux and Windows. Can anyone tell me which flags I have to set with Makefile.PL on Mac OS 10.= 3? I guess the rest of the process is the usual make make test make install TIA, Jan --=20 A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completel= y foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. On Feb 4, 2004, at 10:47 AM, Jan ...

Installation of DBD::MySQL
Hello, I sent out a message yesterday asking for guidance in installing the MySQL driver module, because I got an error message indicating that files like "libmysqlclient" cannot be found. Three people kindly responded and advised me to install the MySQL client first, but the MySQL client had indeed already been installed. I have downloaded MySQL-Max to my Windows 98 machine and have run a custom install which allowed me to include the benchmark files and libraries and include files. I am running the cygwin unix shell overlay, and I have installed the Perl DBI-1.16 and...

Installing DBI with MySql
I try to install DBI with MySql. I want to use it. Installing DBI 1.26 make some problams see below for a complete log of a complete build. I�m a beginner and working on this thing since one week. Reading a lot of Readme�s, FAQ and so on. There is no idear to go on and no understanding of the problam .... and Now? Under http://nntp.perl.org/group/perl.dbi.users/12006 there is my posting from yesterday. (Describes the way I want to go to let it run.....) So I hope this is enough information, or is my problam to stupid to answer? Thangs for help Cu Mark Mark Nie�en Software Engin...

Web resources about - Installing DBD::MySql without MySql installed - perl.dbi.users

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper