DSN-Less Connection String for Informix ODBC driver

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1C55C.047A470E

Since I hadn't heard back from anyone, I did some more research and playing
around and got the right combination and here are results:

For DSN-Less connection string that can be used with Informix Client-SDK 2.5
ODBC driver to connect using Perl (5.005_3) on Win32, DBI, DBD::ODBC (0.28)

1. Once the Informix Client-SDK has been installed, there is a Informix
Client-SDK utility called SetNet32 that has be run to set up the proper
Informix vars, such as host, server, service, etc. for a given
server/database and then that server has to be designated as the default
server.
2. Also make sure in your winXX/system32/drivers/etc/Services file, the
proper Informix service and port no./service are set up.

If the above is done then the following should work in order to connect to
Informix using DBI and ODBC without a DSN (

my $dsn ='driver={INFORMIX 3.32 32
BIT};host=host_name;srvr=server_name;serv=service_name;pro=olsoctsp;database
=database_name;uid=id;pwd=password;';
#
# protocol name above is olsoctcp, other protocols will work as long as
supported by network
#
$dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:ODBC:$dsn", { RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit => 1});

DSN...Leave home without it!

Alex Mitsuda @ NEUBERGER BERMAN
* amitsuda@nb.com  * 646-497-4181
@ SECOND FOUNDATION TECH., INC.
* amitsuda@sftech.net   * 718-686-2870

this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in
the contents of this message that arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
This message is provided for informational purposes and should not be
related financial instruments.
 All e-mails at Neuberger Berman are, in accordance with Firm policy, to be
used for Neuberger Berman business purposes only. E-mails sent from or to
the Firm are subject to being reviewed by the Firm in accordance with the
Firm's procedure for the review of correspondence.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1C55C.047A470E--
0
AMitsuda
3/6/2002 10:12:34 PM
perl.dbi.users 11098 articles. 1 followers. Follow

ODBC DSN less connection issues using ASE ODBC Driver
Hi, I am facing a problem while making dsn less connection to sybase Here is the thing, I shall try to make it simple: this piece of connection string works fine in production with sybase 11 open client installed Driver={SYBASE SYSTEM 11};Srvr=SYBPRD_DEV;Uid=SYBPRDCOM;Pwd=welcomedb1; However, I am trying to setup a Dev environment with Sybase open client 12.5 ..this piece fails with the following error msgs, Connection string: err msg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (i tried changing it to {SYBASE ASE ODBC Drive...

ODBC dsn-less Connection string problem
Hello all, I have a webservice built with .NET 2003, that is running at a remote client site, that is running SQL Anywhere Studio 7.0.3. For some reason the WebService is unable to connect to their database. I tested on my dev box with SQL Anywhere Studio 8.0 with no problems, however; at the client site is returns the error: ERROR [08001] [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running Error [01S00] [Sybase] [ODBC Driver] Invalid connection string attribute Error [01S00] [Sybase] [ODBC Driver] In...

DSN-less connection string
Hi, I am trying to figure out how to make a DSN-less connection string for a .NET projekt, but I can't get it right. It has to connect to a remote server and my most recent attempt is: "ODBC:Driver=Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0;CommLinks=tcpip(HOST=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;ServerPort=xxxx); eng=servername;Dbn=dbname;Uid=username;Pwd=password;Dsn="";" Since it doesn't work and I can't find any samples online(except one that has been copied to 5 different sites and does not include the remote server values) I would really appreciate if someone could enlighte...

DSN Less ODBC Connection
Why is this Code not working? If ra_trusted = true Then lst_connectionstring ="ConnectionString='Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" + ra_server +";DATABASE=MASTER;Trusted_Connection=True'" Else lst_connectionstring ="ConnectionString='Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" + ra_server + ";DATABASE=MASTER;UID=" + ra_user + ";Pwd=" + ra_pwd + "'" End if TRY //Set Connection Options SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = lst_connectionstring // And no...

DSN-less connection string problem
I am trying to interface with 2 sybase databases, from an MS Access application (97). I would like the user to be able to switch between the 2 sybase databases. If I use a file DSN the user has to close the application and then restart it to connect to a different server/db. I would like to avoid this and any configuring of the users machines and connect through VBA only. I've managed to get some of the functionality I want by using this connection string: "ODBC;driver={SYBASE SYSTEM 11};SRVR=SYB4;LogonID=yyyyyy;Password=xxxxx;Database=dbname" I can use the abo...

ODBC error:[Sybase][ODBC Driver] Connection not open:not connected to SQL database
Aloha, Have you come across this error before? Is it a Sybase error or a Crystal Reports error? Any clues? Mahalo, Lydia Villanueva Management Information Systems Grand Wailea Resort, Hotel & Spa It looks like you are attempting to communicate over a connection that has not been established or has been severed. Have you got any additional information? -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, Inc. Houston, TX See you at the Powersoft User Conference in August - http://www.sybase.com/events/psuc98 ...

ODBC
Hello everyone: I deployed SQL Anywhere 9 and have set up DSN's to access the db properly. I have a need to restrict access to the database to "read-only" if accessing outside the main application. I am concerned about savvy users being able to link to the DB tables via MS access provided they know the DSN name. What I want to be able to do is: 1) keep the current DSN configuration but give the current user on the DSN "Read-Only" access 2) From within the authorized application, switch the links on all the tables to log in as another user and passw...

Sybase, ADO and DSN-Less Connection strings
Hi, I am new to Sybase and more familiar with SQL Server 7.0. I would like to use ADO and DSN-Less connection strings to access my Syabase databases. Can anyone provide me with a sample DSN-Less connection string for Sybase access? I am using ASE 11.9.2.9 Thanks Chris Simeone If using ODBC something like this should be OK: sql = "{Driver = Sybase ASE ODBC Driver};UID=????;PWD=????;Database=????" Any of the ODBC Driver Attributes can be added to that line above - if you have one of the older Sybase ODBC Driver Kit docs there should be a reference that...

Symmetrical password encryption in DSN-less connection string
I am trying to connect to ASE 15.0.3 which requires symmetrical password encryption. Using ODBC from SDK ESD#17. I can connect to server through DSN which has enabled "Encrypt Password" check box. But I need to connect without creating DSN. So I am doing: SQLDriverConnect(hdbc, NULL, "Driver={Adaptive Server Anywhere};Server=..;Port=...;UID=..;PWD=..;EncryptedPassword=2", outConnectString, sizeof(outConnectString), &lenOfOutConnectString, SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE); That fails with errors: SQLState=ZZZZZ NativeError=1640 [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Ada...

DSN-Less Connection String Examples in VB6 to SQLA
This should work with other versions of SQLA or ASA. Where there is more than one database being handled by one Service SQLAPROD service manages CustomerDB and InvoicesDB....etc) you WILL need to user the DATABASE option within the Connection String. If you do not, it will default database of the Service will be the first database the Service opened (CustomerDB in this case). Here is an updated connection string example (it works) This connects to the first loaded database......in this case it will be CustomerDB: strConn = "Provider=MSDASQL.1;DRIVER=Sybase SQL Anywher...

DSN-less connection string to ASE: our solution (and it works!)
Hi Guys! We were on troubles setting up a DSN-LESS connection string to make "pass through queries" from MS Access versus ASE 12.0.0.4 (error message says about an unknown "Error 7778" ) We searched on google groups but all the solutions founded didn't work for us. But (TAH-DAH!) this is a lucky day 'cos we mixed up the above solutions and - surprisingly - it works! This is our connection string to make pass through queries (and to use DAO programming): ODBC;DRIVER={SYBASE ASE ODBC Driver};NA=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,<port_number>;SERVER=xxx.xxx.xxx....

DSN-less, register-less connection?
I have the DSN-less connection ok with the following: SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='Driver=Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0;" + & "UID=dba;PWD=sql;DBF=c:\mydir\mydb.db;" + & "Start=c:\mydir\rteng7.exe -c 8m'" But as far as I know the 'Driver=Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0;' requires a register setting, or does it? Can I get around this somehow so I don't need any register settings for a connection? "Doogie" <doogie@anywhere.com> wrote in message news:OWG942%23NDHA.364@forums-2-dub... > I have the DSN-...

Connection String using Sybase ASE ODBC Driver 12.5
We are having problem in connecting to Sybase Database using Sybase ASE ODBC Driver. Our database is Sybase 12.5 we were using two client computers one has sybase 12.0 and another 12.5 Connectiong string is like DRIVER=Sybase ASE ODBC Driver; SRVR=TPASYB; DB=r100_mfg;UID=rick;pwd=password;DSN=r100_mfg this works fine and connect to the server if we use 12.0 client for 12.5 its giving error invalid attribute "SRVR" in connecting string... if we change the SRVR to SERVER in the connection string both the machines giving error invalid attribute "SERVER"...

Web resources about - DSN-Less Connection String for Informix ODBC driver - perl.dbi.users

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...