Can't install DBI on WinNT - no "make" and PPM doesn't find DBI

Hi,

I've fallen at the first hurdle while trying to install the DBI module. I've
run Makefile.pl, however my system doesn't recognise the "make" command
which the readme.txt states that I should run.

I've also tried to install the package via PPM (ActivePerl v 617), however
it can't find the DBI module or any other module.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris
Perl / SGML Developer
e-access
Public Record Office, Kew
Richmond
Surrey, TW9 4DU
UK
Tel: (0208) 392 5300 ext 2213
http://www.pro.gov.uk/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0
christopher
4/10/2001 1:11:31 PM
perl.dbi.users 11098 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you really have ActiveState Perl, PPM is the correct way to install
modules.  There are some special things you have to do if you are behind a
firewall.  Other issues are covered in the PM documentatino that is part of
the ActivePerl "Online Documentation".

An exact log of your attempt to load with PPM may help someone here see what
the problem is.

--
Mac :})
** I normally forward private database questions to the DBI mail lists. **
> I've fallen at the first hurdle while trying to install the DBI module.
I've
> run Makefile.pl, however my system doesn't recognise the "make" command
> which the readme.txt states that I should run.
>
> I've also tried to install the package via PPM (ActivePerl v 617), however
> it can't find the DBI module or any other module.

0
mchase