Blobs in Oracle Stored Procedures.

Firstly let me apologize if this is not the correct forum with which to
direct this query.

I have a situation where I would like to call a stored procedure where
one of the arguments is a blob.  It is quite clearly documented, in
DBD::Oracle package that "Also passing LOBS to PL/SQL blocks doesn't
work".  Has anyone else resolved this problem?

Would appreciate any advice?

=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0=
`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=
=F8=A4
Stuart Coupland (B.Inf)
Information Technology
Australian Search and Rescue (AusSAR); Australian Maritime Safety
Authority (AMSA)
mailto:sdc@amsa.gov.au	http://www.amsa.gov.au
=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0=
`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=
=F8=A4

are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified
that any use or dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately
by telephone on 02-62795000 and delete all copies of this transmission
together with any attachments.

Stuart
1/22/2002 4:12:04 AM
perl.dbi.users 11099 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 05:12, Coupland, Stuart wrote:
> Firstly let me apologize if this is not the correct forum with which to
> direct this query.
>=20
> I have a situation where I would like to call a stored procedure where
> one of the arguments is a blob.  It is quite clearly documented, in
> DBD::Oracle package that "Also passing LOBS to PL/SQL blocks doesn't
> work".  Has anyone else resolved this problem?
>=20
> Would appreciate any advice?

Hi,

I had the same problem a few weeks ago, altough i didn't find anything
about LOBS in the manual, I even think i saw people saying it sometimes
worked. Maybe someone else on the list would care to enlighten me on
that one.
A solution might be using functions instead of procedures, this helped
us anyway.

Maarten Stolte

>=20
>=20
> =A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=
=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8=
,=F8=A4
> Stuart Coupland (B.Inf)
> Information Technology
> Australian Search and Rescue (AusSAR); Australian Maritime Safety
> Authority (AMSA)
> mailto:sdc@amsa.gov.au	http://www.amsa.gov.au
> =A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=
=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8=
,=F8=A4
>=20
>=20
>=20
> are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified
> that any use or dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
> If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately
> by telephone on 02-62795000 and delete all copies of this transmission
> together with any attachments.
>=20

0
maarten

Invoking Oracle Stored-Procedure from Sybase Stored-Procedure
I have a peculiar design constraint. I need to invoke a Oracle Stored-Procedure pass it 1 parameter and use the result-set returned by the oracle stored procedure in my Sybase stored procedure. In affect I need to invoke a Oracle Stored-Procedure returning a result-set from a Sybase Stored-Procedure. I checked up and found Direct-Connect could be one option where-in I could invoke a rpc. Has any-one tried using Direct-Connect ? Also I remember Sybase also had a product\technology called Omni-Connect which could be used to connect to Oracle database. Is Omni-Connect still ...

[...]

How to convert Sql Server Stored Procedures into Oracle Stored Procedures
Hi All, I am migrating from sql server2000 to oracle. I have moved all table into oracle manually. Now I need to move stored procedure. I don't know how to convert sql server stored procedure into oracle stored procedure form. Is there any tool which will convert directly. Please some one help me. Thank you.    Hi there,Please use the tool bellow, which does the job you want. http://www.swissql.com/products/sqlserver-to-oracle/sql-server-to-oracle.html thanks sharp guy...

Oracle stored procedure with BLOB parameter
I have two simple Oracle7 stored procedures that will store LONG RAW data into and retrieve from an Oracle table. They are declared as transaction object's local external function - something like put_raw( long id, BLOB b, REF int returncode) and get_raw(long id, REF BLOB b, REF int returncode) The problem I am having is that put_raw() works just fine. Get_raw() seems to work, and to verify , I write the BLOB variable into a file. It is supposed to be a JPG file, but the written file is not a JPG. Secondly, before invoking get_raw(), I must do: b = BLOB(space(32000)) ...

BLOB, Stored Procedure, Oracle
I am trying to insert/update/select blobs from an Oracle 8.0.5 database. I have tried using the embedded updateblob/selectblob statements but I have had no luck, they do not give any debuggin info and return no error codes but simply don't work. I then decided to just use an Oracle stored procedure to perform the updates but Powerbuilder refuses to let me try to pass a BLOB to the stored procedure: Reference argument doesn't match function definition. Make sure there is something in the blob column in Oracle to begin with. In some situations, PowerBuilder seems to have ...

How to send PB7 BLOB to Oracle Stored Procedure?
How to send PowerBuilder BLOB to Oracle Stored Procedure? I receive BLOB object, while reading ZIP file in client application. Then i'm calling stored proedure from PB7 procedure like this (to import data from ZIP file in Oracle tables): declare p_importFArm procedure for mt.pg_xmlfileimpex.p_importFArm(:lb_tot, :is_fName) using itr_tr; execute p_importFArm; Procedure definition: PROCEDURE p_importFArm(ab_blob IN Long Raw, av_fname IN VARCHAR2, av_res OUT VARCHAR2) And after call i have error message: ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: hex to raw conversion e...

pass array to store procedure in dbi oracle
------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C838.DC51E8C5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi is it posible to send an array to a store procedure in dbi ( oracle ) ? thanks =20 =20 Ran Aker R&D Programmer tel: 972.9.892.1052 =20 DealTime=AE<?xml:namespace prefix =3D o /> Compare products, prices, and=20 stores at www.dealtime.com <http://www.dealtime.com/>=20 =20 ------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C838.DC51E8C5-- ...

How to passing BLOB datatype to oracle stored function or procedure.
How can I call stored procedure with in/out/in out blob parameters what are bigger then 32 kB in PB 10.5. I Try RPCFUNC, but this doesn't work. I try statement declare ... procedure for ... /execute ... - it doesn't work. What is wronk I use standart O84 db interface. Our customers have Oracle 8i/10g RDBMS with Oracle 8i client. Thanks for any usable help. Bretislav Cernik B.Cernik@inf.cz I'm not sure you can. The online help for PB11 indicates blob arguments are only supported up to 32k with Oracle SPs. If you are going beyond that you may need to us...

Oracle DBI/DBD stored procedure array arguments
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to pass data to or from a stored procedure argument, where the data type of the parameter is an array (TABLE OF NUMBER, for example). The problem I'm having is in binding the data to the arguments. For example: Stored procedure: pkg.foo() : -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ TYPE NUMBER_TAB is TABLE of NUMBER index by BINARY_INTEGER; PROCEDURE foo ( i_arg IN NUMBER_TAB, o_arg OUT NUMBER_TAB ) IS begin [...] end; -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ Perl: ...

calling oracle stored procedures using DBI
Hi, I have a stored procedure which returns an Oracle OBJECT. This object contains a list of objects, which inturn contain the table. I would like to read a column from this table. I am new to perl DBI. Can some one tell me if this is possible. If yes, any pointers would be great. ps: Can you reply to me directly as i am not in the list. how do i subscribe to the list? Thank you Nanditha Gade __________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:23:29...

Is there any Stored Procedure to add a MobiLink user into an Oracle consolidated database?
9.0.2.2451 The consolidated database is Oracle 9i. I have run syncora.sql provided in the MobiLink installation already. I am going to have a client application which allows the user to input username and password to create a MobiLink user in the consolidated database. Is there is any Oracle Stored Procedure to add the MobiLink user into the consolidated database? If not, writing a stored procedure is fine for me, but how is the hashed password generated? Thanks in advance! (PS: I do not prefer calling the command dbmluser to create the user.) Moreover, I find...

Passing Blob parameter to Oracle's stored procedure
What is PB data type equivalent to Oracle's LONG RAW? Using PB5, I am invoking a Oracle's stored procedure one of whose parameter is of type LONG RAW. I tried passing it as PB's string and blob type, and neither works; it generates ORA-06502. I cannot use UPDATEBLOB, and must use the stored procedure because of security requirement on the database. Thank you. Hi You have to declare a RPC function for that stored procedure. The RPC declaration is part of the transaction object as an external function declaration. So, create a transaction userobect, declare the ...

Problem when retrieving Blob data via oracle stored procedure
Hello all, I have created a stored procedure in my oracle database as follow: CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE "TESTING"."SP_GET_TEMPLATE" ( ARG_TEMPLATE_NO IN NUMBER, CUR_TEMPLATE IN OUT TESTING.PKG_SP_GET_TEMPLATE.CUR_TEMPLATE_CUR) AS BEGIN OPEN CUR_TEMPLATE FOR SELECT TEMPLATE_DETAIL_ENG FROM N_REPORT_TEMPLATE WHERE TEMPLATE_NO = ARG_TEMPLATE_NO; END SP_GET_TEMPLATE; where TEMPLATE_DETAIL_ENG is a BLOB fields. In my PowerBuilder 8.0.3 program, I call the stored procedure as follow: DECLARE GET_TEMPLATE PROCEDURE FOR SP_GET_TEMPLATE(:li_template_n...

Web resources about - Blobs in Oracle Stored Procedures. - perl.dbi.users

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

&#8203;When Chanelle O'Hare went searching online for a deal on potential cosmetic procedures, she could not have imagined that what she ended ...

NFL security procedures in question after rappelling protesters
Two protesters with sophisticated gear disrupted the Panthers-Colts game in Charlotte Monday night, bringing into question security at the stadium ...

'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure
'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure

Why Are Web Login Security Procedures So #$*&!% Dumb And Obnoxious?
The geeks who design our websites talk a lot about user friendliness, but they often let an exaggerated security concerns get in the way of commonsense. ...