Arrays to Oracle Stored Procedures

------_=_NextPart_001_01C9D899.4F1828BA

Is it possible with Latest DBI modules to pass an array [string or
integer] to Oracle stored procedure which accepts an array?

Procedure specification is like this:

=20

  Create or replace procedure p_getarray_perl(p_arr_value
dbms_sql.varchar2_table)  -- String array.

=20

How do I pass an array to this from PERL? My main requirement is to read
a file and send this file contents as an array [since file is comma
separated, procedure can take care of stripping commas and inserting
into tables]

Does any one have any working example of this?=20

=20

Thanks,

Srikanth (Sree) Turlapati

=20

=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C9D899.4F1828BA--
0
Srikanth
5/19/2009 3:48:52 PM
perl.dbi.users 11099 articles. 1 followers. Follow

--_fb6ed900-3ad2-49d7-ab55-ed9cca3bfac7_

--you can pass in a huge string then in your Oracle Procedure=20
--then split the pieces by known delimiter
--Here is an Oracle Procedure which uses a Oracle array type to refer to HU=
GE varchar2

--Used when we want an array of a custom-defined type
--in this case it is a huge string of length 100
CREATE TYPE array is TABLE OF VARCHAR2(100)=3B
--an Array of Table consisting of VARCHAR2(100) is created
--Create a Proc which will read in the array and aggregate correct results =
--BB_PRODUCT
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE dyn_query2_sp=20
   (p_col IN ARRAY=2C --an array but its actually one gigantic String=20
    p_op IN ARRAY=2C  --an array but its actually one gigantic String
    p_value IN ARRAY) --another array
 IS
  lv_query LONG=3B
  lv_status INTEGER=3B
  lv_cursor INTEGER=3B
  lv_key VARCHAR2(8) :=3D ' WHERE '=3B
  lv_col1 NUMBER(2)=3B
  lv_col2 VARCHAR2(25)=3B
  lv_col3 NUMBER(6=2C2)=3B
  lv_col4 NUMBER(5=2C1)=3B
--change this to be initialised to any delimiter you deem suitable
  DELIMITER CHAR(1) :=3D '=2C'=3B
BEGIN
  --Open cursor
  lv_cursor :=3D DBMS_SQL.OPEN_CURSOR=3B
  --Build first part of query
  lv_query :=3D 'SELECT idProduct=2C productname=2C price=2C stock FROM bb_=
product'=3B
  --Loop through p_col array and add each criteria provided in the paramete=
r arrays
  -- to complete the query
  -- reconstruct the query with pieces which are delimited

--A=2CB=2CC...
  FOR i IN 1..p_col.COUNT LOOP
    IF pcol(i) =3D DELIMITER
      lv_query :=3D lv_query || p_col(i)=3B
  END LOOP=3B
--ABC

  --Parse your statement
  DBMS_SQL.PARSE(lv_cursor=2C lv_query=2C DBMS_SQL.NATIVE)=3B
  --Assuming the 3rd column vars are properly populated
  --Identify datatypes of data items returned to the cursor
  DBMS_SQL.DEFINE_COLUMN(lv_cursor=2C 1=2C lv_col1)=3B
  DBMS_SQL.DEFINE_COLUMN(lv_cursor=2C 2=2C lv_col2=2C 25)=3B
  DBMS_SQL.DEFINE_COLUMN(lv_cursor=2C 3=2C lv_col3)=3B
  DBMS_SQL.DEFINE_COLUMN(lv_cursor=2C 4=2C lv_col4)=3B

  --each placeholder (?) with a parameter for the WHERE clause values
  FOR i IN 1..p_col.COUNT LOOP
    DBMS_SQL.BIND_VARIABLE(lv_cursor=2C ':ph_value'||i=2C p_value(i))=3B
  END LOOP=3B
  --Execute the query
  lv_status :=3D DBMS_SQL.EXECUTE(lv_cursor)=3B

  --Fetch all rows returned and put values in PL/SQL variables
  -- Output data to screen to verify
  WHILE (DBMS_SQL.FETCH_ROWS(lv_cursor) > 0) LOOP
    DBMS_SQL.COLUMN_VALUE(lv_cursor=2C 1=2C lv_col1)=3B
    DBMS_SQL.COLUMN_VALUE(lv_cursor=2C 2=2C lv_col2)=3B
    DBMS_SQL.COLUMN_VALUE(lv_cursor=2C 3=2C lv_col3)=3B
    DBMS_SQL.COLUMN_VALUE(lv_cursor=2C 4=2C lv_col4)=3B
--we will now have all the variables defined in lv_col1=2Clv_col2=2Clv_col3=
=2Clv_col4
    DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(lv_col1||' '||lv_col2||' '||lv_col3||' '||lv_col4)=
=3B
  END LOOP=3B
  --Close cursor
  DBMS_SQL.CLOSE_CURSOR(lv_cursor)=3B
END=3B
/

With Warm Regards=2C
Martin=20
USCitizen(Contractor)
______________________________________________=20
Jogi =E9s Bizalmass=E1gi kinyilatkoztat=E1s/Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanm=
erkung/Note de d=E9ni et de confidentialit=E9
 Ez az
=FCzenet bizalmas.  Ha nem =F6n az akinek sz=E1nva volt=2C akkor k=E9rj=FCk=
=2C hogy
jelentse azt nek=FCnk vissza. Semmif=E9le tov=E1bb=EDt=E1sa vagy m=E1solat=
=E1nak
k=E9sz=EDt=E9se nem megengedett.  Ez az =FCzenet csak ismeret cser=E9t szol=
g=E1l =E9s
semmif=E9le jogi alkalmazhat=F3s=E1ga sincs.  Mivel az electronikus =FCzene=
tek
k=F6nnyen megv=E1ltoztathat=F3ak=2C ez=E9rt minket semmi felel=F6s=E9g nem =
terhelhet
ezen =FCzenet tartalma miatt.

Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfaeng=
er sein=2C so bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte Weiter=
leitung oder Fertigung einer Kopie ist unzulaessig. Diese Nachricht dient l=
ediglich dem Austausch von Informationen und entfaltet keine rechtliche Bin=
dungswirkung. Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von E-Mails koennen w=
ir keine Haftung fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.
Ce message est confidentiel et peut =EAtre privil=E9gi=E9. Si vous n'=EAtes=
 pas le destinataire pr=E9vu=2C nous te demandons avec bont=E9 que pour sat=
isfaire informez l'exp=E9diteur. N'importe quelle diffusion non autoris=E9e=
 ou la copie de ceci est interdite. Ce message sert =E0 l'information seule=
ment et n'aura pas n'importe quel effet l=E9galement obligatoire. =C9tant d=
onn=E9 que les email peuvent facilement =EAtre sujets =E0 la manipulation=
=2C nous ne pouvons accepter aucune responsabilit=E9 pour le contenu fourni=
..

> Subject: Arrays to Oracle Stored Procedures
> Date: Tue=2C 19 May 2009 11:48:52 -0400
> From: Srikanth.Turlapati@ky.gov
> To: dbi-users@perl.org
>=20
> Is it possible with Latest DBI modules to pass an array [string or
> integer] to Oracle stored procedure which accepts an array?
>=20
> Procedure specification is like this:
>=20
> =20
>=20
>   Create or replace procedure p_getarray_perl(p_arr_value
> dbms_sql.varchar2_table)  -- String array.
>=20
> =20
>=20
> How do I pass an array to this from PERL? My main requirement is to read
> a file and send this file contents as an array [since file is comma
> separated=2C procedure can take care of stripping commas and inserting
> into tables]
>=20
> Does any one have any working example of this?=20
>=20
> =20
>=20
> Thanks=2C
>=20
> Srikanth (Sree) Turlapati
>=20
> =20
>=20
> =20
>=20

Windows Live=99: Keep your life in sync.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=3DTXT_TAGLM_BR_life_in_synch_052009=

--_fb6ed900-3ad2-49d7-ab55-ed9cca3bfac7_--
0
mgainty
5/19/2009 5:33:45 PM
------_=_NextPart_001_01C9D8A8.D6828DA4

Thanks Martin. I was inclining that same way but since I am going to =
send bunch of file contents [a very big file], I didn't think it would =
be enough to put it in a string for Oracle. For small files [with less =
data] I could proceed in that way but for large files it will fail. =
Looks like PERL doesn't have any thing to match Oracle's Associative =
array type.

=20

Thanks,

Srikanth (Sree) Turlapati

Divison of Technology Services(DTS)

(502) 564 4961

=20

=20

________________________________

--you can pass in a huge string then in your Oracle Procedure=20
--then split the pieces by known delimiter
--Here is an Oracle Procedure which uses a Oracle array type to refer to =
HUGE varchar2

--Used when we want an array of a custom-defined type
--in this case it is a huge string of length 100
CREATE TYPE array is TABLE OF VARCHAR2(100);
--an Array of Table consisting of VARCHAR2(100) is created
--Create a Proc which will read in the array and aggregate correct =
results to
--BB_PRODUCT
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE dyn_query2_sp=20
   (p_col IN ARRAY, --an array but its actually one gigantic String=20
    p_op IN ARRAY,  --an array but its actually one gigantic String
    p_value IN ARRAY) --another array
 IS
  lv_query LONG;
  lv_status INTEGER;
  lv_cursor INTEGER;
  lv_key VARCHAR2(8) :=3D ' WHERE ';
  lv_col1 NUMBER(2);
  lv_col2 VARCHAR2(25);
  lv_col3 NUMBER(6,2);
  lv_col4 NUMBER(5,1);
--change this to be initialised to any delimiter you deem suitable
  DELIMITER CHAR(1) :=3D ',';
BEGIN
  --Open cursor
  lv_cursor :=3D DBMS_SQL.OPEN_CURSOR;
  --Build first part of query
  lv_query :=3D 'SELECT idProduct, productname, price, stock FROM =
bb_product';
  --Loop through p_col array and add each criteria provided in the =
parameter arrays
  -- to complete the query
  -- reconstruct the query with pieces which are delimited

--A,B,C...
  FOR i IN 1..p_col.COUNT LOOP
    IF pcol(i) =3D DELIMITER
      lv_query :=3D lv_query || p_col(i);
  END LOOP;
--ABC

  --Parse your statement
  DBMS_SQL.PARSE(lv_cursor, lv_query, DBMS_SQL.NATIVE);
  --Assuming the 3rd column vars are properly populated
  --Identify datatypes of data items returned to the cursor
  DBMS_SQL.DEFINE_COLUMN(lv_cursor, 1, lv_col1);
  DBMS_SQL.DEFINE_COLUMN(lv_cursor, 2, lv_col2, 25);
  DBMS_SQL.DEFINE_COLUMN(lv_cursor, 3, lv_col3);
  DBMS_SQL.DEFINE_COLUMN(lv_cursor, 4, lv_col4);

  --each placeholder (?) with a parameter for the WHERE clause values
  FOR i IN 1..p_col.COUNT LOOP
    DBMS_SQL.BIND_VARIABLE(lv_cursor, ':ph_value'||i, p_value(i));
  END LOOP;
  --Execute the query
  lv_status :=3D DBMS_SQL.EXECUTE(lv_cursor);

  --Fetch all rows returned and put values in PL/SQL variables
  -- Output data to screen to verify
  WHILE (DBMS_SQL.FETCH_ROWS(lv_cursor) > 0) LOOP
    DBMS_SQL.COLUMN_VALUE(lv_cursor, 1, lv_col1);
    DBMS_SQL.COLUMN_VALUE(lv_cursor, 2, lv_col2);
    DBMS_SQL.COLUMN_VALUE(lv_cursor, 3, lv_col3);
    DBMS_SQL.COLUMN_VALUE(lv_cursor, 4, lv_col4);
--we will now have all the variables defined in =
lv_col1,lv_col2,lv_col3,lv_col4
    DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(lv_col1||' '||lv_col2||' '||lv_col3||' =
'||lv_col4);
  END LOOP;
  --Close cursor
  DBMS_SQL.CLOSE_CURSOR(lv_cursor);
END;
/

With Warm Regards,
Martin=20
USCitizen(Contractor)
______________________________________________=20
Jogi =E9s Bizalmass=E1gi kinyilatkoztat=E1s/Verzicht und =
Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de d=E9ni et de confidentialit=E9

=20

Ez az =FCzenet bizalmas.  Ha nem =F6n az akinek sz=E1nva volt, akkor =
k=E9rj=FCk, hogy jelentse azt nek=FCnk vissza. Semmif=E9le =
tov=E1bb=EDt=E1sa vagy m=E1solat=E1nak k=E9sz=EDt=E9se nem megengedett.  =
Ez az =FCzenet csak ismeret cser=E9t szolg=E1l =E9s semmif=E9le jogi =
alkalmazhat=F3s=E1ga sincs.  Mivel az electronikus =FCzenetek k=F6nnyen =
megv=E1ltoztathat=F3ak, ez=E9rt minket semmi felel=F6s=E9g nem terhelhet =
ezen =FCzenet tartalma miatt.

Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene =
Empfaenger sein, so bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede =
unbefugte Weiterleitung oder Fertigung einer Kopie ist unzulaessig. =
Diese Nachricht dient lediglich dem Austausch von Informationen und =
entfaltet keine rechtliche Bindungswirkung. Aufgrund der leichten =
Manipulierbarkeit von E-Mails koennen wir keine Haftung fuer den Inhalt =
uebernehmen.

Ce message est confidentiel et peut =EAtre privil=E9gi=E9. Si vous =
n'=EAtes pas le destinataire pr=E9vu, nous te demandons avec bont=E9 que =
pour satisfaire informez l'exp=E9diteur. N'importe quelle diffusion non =
autoris=E9e ou la copie de ceci est interdite. Ce message sert =E0 =
l'information seulement et n'aura pas n'importe quel effet l=E9galement =
obligatoire. =C9tant donn=E9 que les email peuvent facilement =EAtre =
sujets =E0 la manipulation, nous ne pouvons accepter aucune =
responsabilit=E9 pour le contenu fourni.

> Subject: Arrays to Oracle Stored Procedures
> Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 11:48:52 -0400
> From: Srikanth.Turlapati@ky.gov
> To: dbi-users@perl.org
>=20
> Is it possible with Latest DBI modules to pass an array [string or
> integer] to Oracle stored procedure which accepts an array?
>=20
> Procedure specification is like this:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Create or replace procedure p_getarray_perl(p_arr_value
> dbms_sql.varchar2_table) -- String array.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> How do I pass an array to this from PERL? My main requirement is to =
read
> a file and send this file contents as an array [since file is comma
> separated, procedure can take care of stripping commas and inserting
> into tables]
>=20
> Does any one have any working example of this?=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Srikanth (Sree) Turlapati
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

________________________________

Windows Live(tm): Keep your life in sync. Check it out. =
<http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=3DTXT_TAGLM_BR_life_in_synch_052009>=
=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C9D8A8.D6828DA4--
0
Srikanth

pass array to store procedure in dbi oracle
------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C838.DC51E8C5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi is it posible to send an array to a store procedure in dbi ( oracle ) ? thanks =20 =20 Ran Aker R&D Programmer tel: 972.9.892.1052 =20 DealTime=AE<?xml:namespace prefix =3D o /> Compare products, prices, and=20 stores at www.dealtime.com <http://www.dealtime.com/>=20 =20 ------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C838.DC51E8C5-- ...

Oracle DBI/DBD stored procedure array arguments
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to pass data to or from a stored procedure argument, where the data type of the parameter is an array (TABLE OF NUMBER, for example). The problem I'm having is in binding the data to the arguments. For example: Stored procedure: pkg.foo() : -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ TYPE NUMBER_TAB is TABLE of NUMBER index by BINARY_INTEGER; PROCEDURE foo ( i_arg IN NUMBER_TAB, o_arg OUT NUMBER_TAB ) IS begin [...] end; -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ Perl: ...

Oracle DBI/DBD stored procedure array arguments #2
Thanks for your help, I was wondering how the arguments get binded (how do I associate the data to the arguments?) For example, let's say we want to pass an array to the stored procedure: my @arg1 = (1,2,3,4,5); and want to return the result in another variable? Would I use bind_param_inout() somehow? $sth->bind_param_inout(??? not sure what would go here ???); my $sth = $dbh->prepare("{Call PKG.foo(?,{resultset 1000, o_arg})}"); Thanks again! Dan -----Original Message----- From: Arul, Rex [mailto:rarul@newenergyassoc.com] Sent: Wednesday...

Invoking Oracle Stored-Procedure from Sybase Stored-Procedure
I have a peculiar design constraint. I need to invoke a Oracle Stored-Procedure pass it 1 parameter and use the result-set returned by the oracle stored procedure in my Sybase stored procedure. In affect I need to invoke a Oracle Stored-Procedure returning a result-set from a Sybase Stored-Procedure. I checked up and found Direct-Connect could be one option where-in I could invoke a rpc. Has any-one tried using Direct-Connect ? Also I remember Sybase also had a product\technology called Omni-Connect which could be used to connect to Oracle database. Is Omni-Connect still ...

[...]

How to convert Sql Server Stored Procedures into Oracle Stored Procedures
Hi All, I am migrating from sql server2000 to oracle. I have moved all table into oracle manually. Now I need to move stored procedure. I don't know how to convert sql server stored procedure into oracle stored procedure form. Is there any tool which will convert directly. Please some one help me. Thank you.    Hi there,Please use the tool bellow, which does the job you want. http://www.swissql.com/products/sqlserver-to-oracle/sql-server-to-oracle.html thanks sharp guy...

Passing Array to Oracle Stored Procedure
I have requirement where in I need to pass a array from Powerbuilder to Oracle Stored procedure and also I want to know how to access the returned array from the Oracle stored procedure. Any help in this regard is appreciated. Thanks -Sanjay ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Make it a ref in the RPCFUNC declaration. It will be an INOUT argument with a TABLE OF type in the procedure or function. You will need to pre-fill the array [to maximum length if it is type string] *before* the call. On return the values wil...

Array parameter to oracle stored procedure
Dear friends,  I want to pass array parameter to following oracle  stored procedure from visual studio 2005 using vb.net my is question is it possible or not   create or replace package demo_pkg    as        type charArray is table of varchar2(255) index by binary_integer;       procedure emp_report( pin  in charArray,                           &nb...

Is it possible to pass an array to a stored procedure -oracle
Hi, I am new to stored procedure based datawindows. Pb 6.5,Oracle 7.3.3. Could anybody clarify me that can we the pass the data in a DW to a oracle stored procedure as a input param in the form of an array or PL/SQL tables or some other means? Thanx mega Support for PL/SQL table arguments is limited to RPC calls with arrays of atomic data types. Arrays of records are not supported. meghavathy <mathi_a@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8#5esslb$GA.184@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > I am new to stored procedure based datawindows. > Pb 6.5,Oracle 7.3.3. >...

(Fwd) Pass Arrays to Stored Procedures in Oracle
----- Forwarded message from "Grimes, Greg" <ggrimes@ercot.com> ----- Delivered-To: tim.bunce@pobox.com Subject: Pass Arrays to Stored Procedures in Oracle Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:28:38 -0500 From: "Grimes, Greg" <ggrimes@ercot.com> To: <Tim.Bunce@pobox.com>, "Steve Baldwin" <stbaldwin@multiservice.com> X-OriginalArrivalTime: 13 Aug 2003 19:28:38.0385 (UTC) FILETIME=[1883B610:01C361D1] Steve, I saw your posting concerning pipelined functions. How does the perl script benefit from this approach? I would assume the perl scri...

Oracle Stored Procedure Table Type Arrays
Hello, I have created a Oracle package with Table type array declaration and then created a procedure using that table type array as an out argument. Ex. create or replace PACKAGE case_actions1 AS TYPE code_id_tbl IS TABLE OF NUMBER(11) INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER; TYPE code_desc_tbl IS TABLE OF varchar2(20) INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER; PROCEDURE sp_fetch_data(arg_code_desc OUT code_desc_tbl) ; END case_actions1 ; CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY case_actions1 IS PROCEDURE sp_fetch_data(arg_code_desc OUT code_desc_tbl) IS rows binary_integer := 0; begin FOR caserec IN (SE...

Pass string array to oracle stored procedure.
Hi there, Am trying to pass a string array to an ORACLE 8i stored procedure, I have tested the procedure on the server and know it works, PB7 is giving me any error though when trying to save ; 'variable reference in database statement has unsupported data type' My PB code is; dec{0} ld_sys_ed_key STRING lsa_inp_key[],lsa_inp_val[] //Initialise lsa_inp_key[1] = '1900000137' lsa_inp_key[2] = '1900000139' lsa_inp_val[1] = 'ORCLEVAL' lsa_inp_val[2] = 'YES' ld_sys_ed_key = 0123456789 DECLARE insert_into_system_inputs PROCEDURE FOR ...

Passing array argument to Oracle stored procedure
I have PB 7.0.3 build 10047 and O84 driver running on Windows 2000 with Oracle 8i on a DEC Alpha. Is this the driver we should be using? If not what should we be using and where do I get it? I am getting an error message while passing an array argument to a stored procedure: Select error: ORA-06550: line 1, column 16: PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to ...ORA-06550: line 1, column 16: PL/SQL statement ignored. And I do have SQLCA.dbparm ="pbdbms=0" It works fine if I pass a value that is not an array. Here is my pl/sql program: CREATE OR ...

Web resources about - Arrays to Oracle Stored Procedures - perl.dbi.users

Parliamentary procedure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... of the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom , from which it derives its name. In the United States, parliamentary procedure ...

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

&#8203;When Chanelle O'Hare went searching online for a deal on potential cosmetic procedures, she could not have imagined that what she ended ...

Old Lady Lawyer: Uncivil Procedure

TSA Updates Screening Procedure, Will Mandate Some Passengers Use Full-Body Scanners
... Imaging Technologies, or AIT, in favor of full-body pat-downs by TSA agents. Under the new mandate, not everyone can opt for the pat-down procedure. ...

'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure
'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure