ADO

Hi

Could some tell me where I should be looking for information on how to use
the ADO Connection and RecordSet objects from Perl and the DBI?

Thanks

David Billingham

Senior Software Developer - Poise Associates
Email: db@poise.co.uk

PS Why do so many people have problems unsubscribing? I run a Majordomo list
and it's a comman thing for people on the list to get in a real tangle about
unsubscribing.... :)




This e-mail is subject to copyright and the information in it is confidential.  Use of this e-mail or of any information in it other than by the addressee is unauthorised and unlawful. Please delete this e-mail if you have received it in error.


0
db
2/21/2001 6:23:35 PM
perl.dbi.users 11094 articles. 1 followers. Follow

5 Replies
604 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 7

A good start is the module DBD::ADO.  DBD::ADO provide use ADO use
that looks the same as other DBD::* modules.

Tom

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 06:23:35PM -0000, David Billingham wrote:
> Could some tell me where I should be looking for information on how to use
> the ADO Connection and RecordSet objects from Perl and the DBI?

-- 
Thomas A. Lowery	stlowery@yahoo.com
http://tlowery.hypermart.net

SA talking to disk vendor, "So, multiple failures on both controllers is a bad thing? (Friday Morning)"

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

0
stlowery
2/21/2001 11:02:03 PM
Dear Tom

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't phrase my question very well: I am using DBD:ADO without any
serious problems (having switched my code from ODBC).

I was hoping to get advice on where to look for information on the ADO
specfic methods mentioned in the O'Reilly 'Programming the Perl DBI' (Page
239). In particlar how to access\use the Connection and Recordset objects.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Best wishes

David Billingham


----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas A. Lowery" <stlowery@yahoo.com>
To: <dbi-users@perl.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 11:02 PM
Subject: Re: ADO


> A good start is the module DBD::ADO.  DBD::ADO provide use ADO use
> that looks the same as other DBD::* modules.
>
> Tom
>
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 06:23:35PM -0000, David Billingham wrote:
> > Could some tell me where I should be looking for information on how to
use
> > the ADO Connection and RecordSet objects from Perl and the DBI?
>
> --
> Thomas A. Lowery stlowery@yahoo.com
> http://tlowery.hypermart.net
>
> SA talking to disk vendor, "So, multiple failures on both controllers is a
bad thing? (Friday Morning)"
>
> _________________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
>
>

0
david
2/22/2001 10:12:46 PM
Get the latest MDAC SDK (2.6).

http://www.microsoft.com/data

David Billingham wrote:

> Dear Tom
> 
> Thanks for your reply.
> 
> I didn't phrase my question very well: I am using DBD:ADO without any
> serious problems (having switched my code from ODBC).
> 
> I was hoping to get advice on where to look for information on the ADO
> specfic methods mentioned in the O'Reilly 'Programming the Perl DBI' (Page
> 239). In particlar how to access\use the Connection and Recordset objects.
> 
> Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
> 
> Best wishes
> 
> David Billingham
> 
> 
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Thomas A. Lowery" <stlowery@yahoo.com>
> To: <dbi-users@perl.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 11:02 PM
> Subject: Re: ADO
> 
> 
> 
>> A good start is the module DBD::ADO.  DBD::ADO provide use ADO use
>> that looks the same as other DBD::* modules.
>> 
>> Tom
>> 
>> On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 06:23:35PM -0000, David Billingham wrote:
>> 
>>> Could some tell me where I should be looking for information on how to
>> 
> use
> 
>>> the ADO Connection and RecordSet objects from Perl and the DBI?
>> 
>> --
>> Thomas A. Lowery stlowery@yahoo.com
>> http://tlowery.hypermart.net
>> 
>> SA talking to disk vendor, "So, multiple failures on both controllers is a
> 
> bad thing? (Friday Morning)"
> 
>> _________________________________________________________
>> Do You Yahoo!?
>> Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
>> 
>> 


-- 
   Simon

---------------------------------------
   Department of Biomolecular Sciences
   UMIST, PO Box 88, Sackville St
   Manchester, M60 1QD
   United Kingdom

   Phone:  +44 161 200 8912
   Fax:    +44 161 236 0409
   Mobile: +44 776 183 0327
   Email:  Simon.Oliver@umist.ac.uk
---------------------------------------

0
simon
2/23/2001 9:03:25 AM
The book 'Programming ADO' by David Sceppa and published by Microsoft Press (c)
2000 is a good source too.

-Jim

Simon Oliver wrote:

> Get the latest MDAC SDK (2.6).
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/data
>
> David Billingham wrote:
>
> > Dear Tom
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.
> >
> > I didn't phrase my question very well: I am using DBD:ADO without any
> > serious problems (having switched my code from ODBC).
> >
> > I was hoping to get advice on where to look for information on the ADO
> > specfic methods mentioned in the O'Reilly 'Programming the Perl DBI' (Page
> > 239). In particlar how to access\use the Connection and Recordset objects.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
> >
> > Best wishes
> >
> > David Billingham
> >
> >
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: "Thomas A. Lowery" <stlowery@yahoo.com>
> > To: <dbi-users@perl.org>
> > Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 11:02 PM
> > Subject: Re: ADO
> >
> >
> >
> >> A good start is the module DBD::ADO.  DBD::ADO provide use ADO use
> >> that looks the same as other DBD::* modules.
> >>
> >> Tom
> >>
> >> On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 06:23:35PM -0000, David Billingham wrote:
> >>
> >>> Could some tell me where I should be looking for information on how to
> >>
> > use
> >
> >>> the ADO Connection and RecordSet objects from Perl and the DBI?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thomas A. Lowery stlowery@yahoo.com
> >> http://tlowery.hypermart.net
> >>
> >> SA talking to disk vendor, "So, multiple failures on both controllers is a
> >
> > bad thing? (Friday Morning)"
> >
> >> _________________________________________________________
> >> Do You Yahoo!?
> >> Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
> >>
> >>
>
> --
>    Simon
>
> ---------------------------------------
>    Department of Biomolecular Sciences
>    UMIST, PO Box 88, Sackville St
>    Manchester, M60 1QD
>    United Kingdom
>
>    Phone:  +44 161 200 8912
>    Fax:    +44 161 236 0409
>    Mobile: +44 776 183 0327
>    Email:  Simon.Oliver@umist.ac.uk
> ---------------------------------------

0
clarkjim
2/23/2001 1:47:54 PM
$conn = $dbh->{ado_conn};
(Assuming a connect is present) Will set $conn to the ado connection
object.

$sth->{ado_conn} after a statement is prepared.

To access the command object (which I build during the prepare)
$sth->{ado_comm}

After you've executed the prepared statement ($sth->execute)
$sth->{ado_rowset} returns the record set object. (Assuming you've a
row set returned.)

Is this more in-line of what you're looking for?  As Tim says 'Use the
Source Luke'.  perldoc -m DBD::ADO displays the complete module (hacks
and all ;-(0 ).

I haven't much time to work on DBD::ADO.  In fact my NT machine is sitting
idle.  Any patches or improvement to DBD::ADO are always welcomed.

Tom


On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 10:12:46PM -0000, David Billingham wrote:
> 
> I didn't phrase my question very well: I am using DBD:ADO without any
> serious problems (having switched my code from ODBC).
> 
> I was hoping to get advice on where to look for information on the ADO
> specfic methods mentioned in the O'Reilly 'Programming the Perl DBI' (Page
> 239). In particlar how to access\use the Connection and Recordset objects.

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Thomas A. Lowery" <stlowery@yahoo.com>
> To: <dbi-users@perl.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 11:02 PM
> Subject: Re: ADO
> 
> 
> > A good start is the module DBD::ADO.  DBD::ADO provide use ADO use
> > that looks the same as other DBD::* modules.
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 06:23:35PM -0000, David Billingham wrote:
> > > Could some tell me where I should be looking for information on how to
> use
> > > the ADO Connection and RecordSet objects from Perl and the DBI?
> >
> > --
> > Thomas A. Lowery stlowery@yahoo.com
> > http://tlowery.hypermart.net
> >
> > SA talking to disk vendor, "So, multiple failures on both controllers is a
> bad thing? (Friday Morning)"
> >
> >

-- 
Thomas A. Lowery	stlowery@yahoo.com
http://tlowery.hypermart.net

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

0
stlowery
2/23/2001 4:15:17 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

RE: :ADO, fetchall_hashref
> From: Jeff Zucker <jeff@vpservices.com> > Sent: Friday, 17 September 2004 1:03 AM > Subject: DBD::ADO, fetchall_hashref - ok with DBI::PurePerl=0D > but not DBI :-( > Hampson, Paul wrote: > >Trying to call fetchall_hashref against a statement handle=0D > from an DBD::ADO > >connection, I get a whole bunch of: > > Attempt to free unreferenced scalar: SV 0x1c97bf0 at=0D > I was just about to write up a message on this same thing. A user=0D > reported to me that they got this message in DBD::ADO with=0D > fetchall_hashref an...

POSSIBLE BUG IN Win32 DBI INSTALL MODULE: DBI "prepare" no work FW: List 'dbi-users' closed to public posts
I have ActiveState Win32perl running. I installed fresh DBI, DBD, etc. from perl ppm.pl> prompt. But prepare( ) doesn't work (see below). perldoc DBI/DBD/DBI-FAQ are not useful since they assume it works. Any hints? Art www.mp3.com/ArthurSulit Classical Artist recently charted above Madonna -----Original Message----- From: Art Sulit [mailto:art@prs.net] Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2001 1:51 PM To: Webmaster@ActiveState.com Subject: POSSIBLE BUG IN YOUR DBI INSTALL MODULE: DBI "prepare" no work Hello, THERE IS A POSSIBLE BUG IN YOUR DBI INSTALL M...

Extensive load time for DBI v1.28 and DBI-ADO v2.50
--=_CF93CBD7.5637597B Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm using a 750 MHZ Pentium III and Perl 5.6, and the versions of DBI and = DBD-ADO noted above. The following trivial code takes 20-30seconds to execute and return to the = command prompt. use DBI (); use DBD::ADO; Any idea why and how the load time can be improved?=20 The current delay is causing a lot of complaints from users of a program = which uses the above. Regards; Gary Gauthier --=_CF93CBD7.5637597B-- I changed the reply to the dbi-users list. ...

DBI/Solaris User
Hello Sir, My name is Shamaal Blaise. I wanted to know if the Perl module had been tested on Sun/Solaris system??? And if so, where here any problems??? I am currently trying to do so on that type of system. I had noticed that there was not any mention of it on the page. I would greatly appreciate your time taken towards this concern of mine. Have a blessed day. Shamaal Blaise -- System Administrator ************************************************************************ This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain Exelon Corporation proprietary information, which ...

dbi-users subscription ???
http://www.fugue.com/dbi/ tries to [un]subscribe from/to this list via isc.org -- which, of course, no longer handles this List ;> I need to *change* my Email address; which, probably, requires un-subscribing one address and subscribing another. Can you point me to the right place? -- Best Regards, mds mds resource 888.250.3987 "Dare to fix things before they break . . . " "Our capacity for understanding is inversely proportional to how much we think we know. The more I know, the more I know I don't know . . . " ----- Original Message ...

spammer on dbi-users
Who's ever the dbi-users group monitor, please shut this annoying person off: Kenneth Webber <mp34ken@hotmail.com> They'll only use another address if you do. There are a lot of these originating from Hotmail accounts at the moment. -----Original Message----- From: jeff [mailto:jeff@roqc.no] Sent: 25 March 2010 16:57 To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: spammer on dbi-users Who's ever the dbi-users group monitor, please shut this annoying person off: Kenneth Webber <mp34ken@hotmail.com> .. This message is intended only for the use of the p...

Why no [dbi-users] in subject
Hi, How come this list doesn't have a [dbi-users] in the subject? That would be handy for message filtering Thanks Jay On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 19:22:49 -0600, Jay Strauss wrote: >How come this list doesn't have a [dbi-users] in the subject? > >That would be handy for message filtering There are various list related headers. For example: List-Id: <dbi-users.perl.org> That's enough for my mail client. -- Bart. ...

New DBI user
--===============1763837195== MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-class: urn:content-classes:message Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C93D1A.AC7A3C07" ------_=_NextPart_001_01C93D1A.AC7A3C07 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable > Hello,=20 > My program has the potential to access multiple databases. It will > first check to ensure that the specific schema handle is not available > before creating a new one. In other words I don't want to tear down a > connec...

dbi-users archive?
Is this list archived? The archive at http://archive.develooper.com/dbi-users@perl.org/ looks like it only has a few days' worth or messages. -- Todd Federman gdulli@zdnetonebox.com ___________________________________________________________________ To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax, all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com There are quite a few archives, this one being one of many and who ever keeps it up decided to only keep three days of mails, doesn't mean that all are like that. Try this site http:/...

[perl5-dbi/DBI-Test] a2d1b2: create separate tests for DBI and DBI::Mock ...
----==_mimepart_51f946a54bb1b_2af891bd4c100430 Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:17:25 -0700 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-ID: <51f946a54c721_2af891bd4c100582@hookshot-fe3-pe1-prd.aws.github.net.mail> Branch: refs/heads/master Home: https://github.com/perl5-dbi/DBI-Test Commit: a2d1b22d134be0ca353e0f0b312fb14da24c798e https://github.com/perl5-dbi/DBI-Test/commit/a2d1b22d134be0ca353e0f0b312fb14da24c798e Author: Jens Rehsack <sno@netbsd.org> Date: 2013-07-31 (Wed, 31 Jul 2013) Changed ...

please help me about DBI::ADO
I have installed active perl several times with no troubles.. But now i'm trying to install active perl and i'm having troubles with Database SQLServer whith an ADO conection i have the next script perl use integer; use DBI; my $dbh=DBI->connect('dbi:ADO:esmeralda1', 'sa', '', { RaiseError => 1}); use Data::Dumper; $res= $dbh->selectall_arrayref("SELECT * FROM paises"); print Dumper($res); if i execute from a command line i.e c:> perl filenme it works ok.. but if i try to execute ...

ADO to ADO.NET
I'm an ASP programmer (VBScript) moving on to ASP.NET. So far I'm using:Microsoft Visual Studio 2003ASP.NET with C#I'm working on converting my code over to C#, from VBScript. Now, here is my code in VBScript (modified to better understand it, this is a edited ugly version):Function ExecuteSQL(sqlStatement)    ConnDriver = "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = " & dbIP & "; Initial Catalog = " & dbName & "; User Id = " & dbUser & "; Password=" & dbPassword     Set connTemp = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")    c...

A question about the dbi-users list
------_=_NextPart_001_01C26A36.F4FF1050 Content-Type: text/plain Ok, see if anyone here is familiar with the perl.org mailing lists... I'm trying to get the FAQ to email the list. The problem is that the FAQ is running on a server for which the default mail address is used for another purpose and I can't subscribe with it. So when I use sendmail, the domain it's sending from is something.org, where I'm subscribed as faq@unravelnet.com to the list. SO when doing... sendmail -t dbi-users@perl.org From: faq@unravelnet.com ....... ... The email comes with F...

please help me.. about DBI::ADO
I have installed active perl several times with no troubles.. But now i'm trying to install active perl and i'm having troubles with Database SQLServer whith an ADO conection i have the next script asp perl use integer; use DBI; use Fcntl ':flock'; use IO::File; my $dbh=DBI->connect('dbi:ADO:esmeralda1', 'sa', '', { RaiseError => 1}); use Data::Dumper; $res= $dbh->selectall_arrayref("SELECT * FROM paises"); print Dumper($res); if i execute from a command line i.e c:> perl filenm...

DBI, DBD::ADO and SUCCESS_WITH_INFO
I need an advice on how to deal with SUCCESS_WITH_INFO from a DBD writers point of view. If ADO places an error into it's error collection, this error may be one of 4 kinds (oledberr.h): 00 - Success 01 - Informational 10 - Warning 11 - Error A good example for the first case is given on dbi-users: <http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/dbi/2003-12/msg00241.html> An ODBC function would return SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO in such a case. Currently, DBD::ADO doesn't distinguish between these four kinds of errors, i.e. something like return $h->...

Web resources about - ADO - perl.dbi.users

ADO Den Haag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[ˈɑ.ləs doːr ˈu.fə.nɪŋ dɛn ˈɦaːχ] ), commonly known by the abbreviated name ADO Den Haag [ˈaː.do dɛn ˈɦaːχ] , is a Dutch football club from the ...

David Tennant and Catherine Tate star in Much Ado About Nothing - Available now from Digital Theatre ...
Watch online or download the full show to your desktop now at http://www.digitaltheatre.com. David Tennant and Catherine Tate appear together ...

Joss Whedon Much Ado About Nothing Twitter
Joss Whedon delivers a Shakespearean trailer, Twitter joy and cannibalism all in one day

Much Ado About Nothing
... modern-day reading of Shakespeare's romantic comedy, filmed in his own home with a cast comprised of alumni from his TV shows. Rate Much Ado ...

Canberra Repertory Society gives Much Ado about Nothing a 1920s twist
Shakespeare's reworked comedy transcends the ages with ease.

CBC Digital Archives - Much Ado About Christmas: Toys, Traditions & Fun - Lighthouse Santa
Relive Canada's history through CBC Radio and Television. This free site features thousands of radio and television clips from the archives of ...

Much Ado About Dacheng Dentons
Dentons’ loosely affiliated verein style likely played a large role in capturing the largest Chinese law firm.

Much Ado About...
Kerfuffle: A social imbroglio or brouhaha.

Much Ado About Smart Tags
Microsoft's proprietary Smart Tags: Boon or bane? Kaminski digs deep beneath the hype and paranoia in an extensive assessment of what Microsoft ...

A Guantanamo Tour: 'Much Ado About Nothing'?
In vivid detail, Jason Leopold describes daily life for both the detainees and guards at the facility.

Resources last updated: 12/31/2015 12:12:14 PM