Access to MS-Access denied

I'm moving data from MS-Access *.mdb files (using Win32::ODBC) to a
postgresql database (using DBD:Pg).

While I'n not having problems to do it with many ordinary *.mdb files I'm unable now to transfer data from an Access file which is protected.

As a matter of fact the launching icon on my NT desktop has the following line in it (which gives me r/w rights on the db):
"C:\programs\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCES.EXE""V:\PE\myfile.mdb/user De Martino/nostartup".

I've tried to give the login "De Martino" (no password is required) to the  DSN file to no avail, the anser is invariably:
.....You do not have the necessary permission to use the "unknown" object. Have your system administrator........

Could someone of you help to fix this snag?

Thanks a lot

Vittorio
perl.dbi.users 11100 articles. 1 followers. Follow

No suggestion on my query?
Vittorio

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 17:43:27 +0000, Vittorio wrote:

>I've tried to give the login "De Martino" (no password is required) to =
the  DSN file to no avail

AFAIK, you don't add users to the DSN. You pass them to the database
when trying to connect to it, in the connect string.

--=20
	Bart.
0
bart

Accessing MS Access through the DBI ODBC
Hi all, I am trying to access an MS Access database via perl DBI and I am unable = to. I checked the security and there is only one 'Admin' user with no = password and I use that in my connection string. However, I cannot = connect. Please help. Regards, Javier Moreno Hi Javier, > I am trying to access an MS Access database via perl DBI and I am unable to. I checked the security and there is only one 'Admin' user with no password and I use that in my connection string. However, I cannot connect. Please help. > 1. Create an ODBC connection via %Sys...

How to automatically send denied users to "access denied" page, instead of a login prompt only then to be sent to "access denied" page
Hello: My security works fine except for one small annoyance.  This is an intranet site only and are using Windows (AD) authentication with Anonymous turned off.  The 'good' users get right in, with no prompts.  This is good.  However, the 'bad' (denied) users get a prompt to enter their credentials only to be denied.  I would like to eliminate the need for them to even try and enter credentials and send them directly to an "access denied" page (no prompts).  It only wastes their time and aggrevates them. Thoughts? Tha...

Single user access on MS Access database
We just transitioned our DATA volume from a Netware traditional volume to a iSCSI connected NSS volume on a NetApp Filer FAS 270. Netware 6.5 Since the move we've noticed a MS Access database issue arise. When the database is opened by the next user they receice the error message: "MSysAccessObjects can not be opened it is currently opened by another user" This is an Access file table not a custom table. Is it a Oplocks and/or File Caching issue on the server? If so, where can I tuen that off? Does anyone know of any issues regarding MS Access and NSS volu...

Dbi objects to access an MS Access Db
I'm having a problem getting Tran-ide to recognize my access 2000 database. I've created a system dsn called Midas and created the attached nnsyreg.dat file and put it into e:\sybase\ImpactClient-5_3\config directory. I've also put this file in my projects directory and still get the following message. Unable to connect to session Midas. Any Advice? Thanks Brent begin 666 nnsyreg.dat M4V5S<VEO;BY-:61A<PT*"4Y.3U1?4TA!4D5$7TQ)0E)!4ED@/2!D8G0R-VUS M;V1B8PT*"4Y.3U1?1D%#5$]265]&54Y#5$E/3B ]($Y.4V5S3T1"0T9A8W1O M<GD-"@E.3E]315-?4T525D52(#T@24U...

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

A "Forbidden. You were denied access because: Access denied by access control list." appears
  Hello! A few days ago this message started to appear on my ie everytime I try to run a any web application from VS2005: Forbidden You were denied access because: Access denied by access control list.   I gave the user "ASP.NET Machine A..." administrator privileges and even reinstalled VS2005. How do I solve this problem??   Thanks!!!  Dekel C. Is this your problem: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/316699Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You!...

Re: Re: Accessing MS Access through the DBI ODBC
> From: Kevin Carothers <kevindotcar@gmail.com> > Date: 2005/03/30 Wed PM 06:44:48 CST > 1. Create an ODBC connection via %SystemRoot%\system32\odbcad32.exe > Call the database connect name "ODBCName" > > 2. In your Perl code add: > [---] > use DBI; > [---] > $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:ODBC:ODBCName",'',''); > [---] Just my opinion, but I don't think this is good advice. For one, it creates extra administration on the system, by forcing the user/programmer /sysadmin/webadmin to ...

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

Access Denied error when accessing WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent.Name of impersonated user
Anybody know why I would receive an access denied error (when using code via API call to LogonUser) when I call WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent.Name?  Even the MSDN example I followed shows using this method after impersonating the token created by making the API call, and being able to successfuly retrieve the username.   Thanks!Thank you, Hi atconway, Can you give me the code of the impersonation, and the touching of the GetCurrent.Name? Then I can try to replicate it.   Kind regards,WimPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to clic...

DBI, MS Access, inserting/updating a Access Date/Time value
Hi, Does anyone have any idea what is up with Microsoft Access and its ridiculous Date/Time formatting options? It doesn't seem to matter what format I attempt to insert with. The directory and db file permissions are all Full Control. I'm using the "#" around the Date/Time format as required. The database has nothing as the Format in Design view on the General tab. The insert below has never worked once. On the up side if I run an insert that has no mention of the Date/Time field then it will just insert the record using the =Now() function as the default va...

Accessing a MS Access database
Hi, I would like to do a lookup into an Access database, and display the result in a grid. I'm an embedded programmer being thrown into the world of .net, asp, VB, and databases so I don't know where to start :-) ...... can anyone help me ? Thanks. Really jus ta matter of making a connection, doing your query, and displaying results. Here is a sample from a module I use. The data is bound to a datagrid. Sub LoadSchedule() Dim strSrc As String = CType(Settings("src"), String) If Trim(strSrc) <> "" Then ...

Access Deny when accessing other page
Hi i have encounter an error when i uses window.open to open another page. IT says "access deny" How can this be?? i m running on intranet and below are my javascripts: function openwindows() { var popUpSizeX=screen.width; var popUpSizeY=screen.height - 34; var popUpLocationY=0; var popUpLocationX=1; var splashWin =window.open('default.aspx','','toolbar=0,location=1,status=1,menubar=0,scrollbars=0,resizable=yes,directories=1,target=WorkFrame') splashWin.resizeTo(popUpSizeX,popUpSizeY); splashWin.moveTo(popUpLocationX,popUpLocatio...

Web resources about - Access to MS-Access denied - perl.dbi.users