unknown parameter type

Hi group,

        I can't seem to find a way to get this chunk of code working. I've
been hacking a Perl script which is meant to catch the audio data from a
microphone. I need a bit of help with Win32::API and winmm.dll as well.

#!/perl

use strict;
use Win32::API;

Win32::API->Import(winmm => q{
	LRESULT waveInGetDevCaps(
	UINT_PTR DeviceID,
	LPWAVEINCAPS pwic,
	UINT cbwic
)}
);

... and this is what I get

Win32::API::parse_prototype: WARNING unknown parameter type 'LPWAVEINCAPS'
at C:

Is that actually a lack of Win32::API? I haven't the faintest idea how to go
about it.

regards,

Larry

0
vituzzigiangaetano

C00174: Type of actual parameter cannot be ancestor of formal reference parameter type
I am trying to dynamically open a tab page using TabOpen. I get this error message when trying to compile the window. There was some vague reference to not being able to use a UserObject defined as Tab as the first parameter but I still get it even if I use just a normal DataWindow. You should pass a custom visual object to TabOpen not a standard visual object. Brad KamMin wrote: > I am trying to dynamically open a tab page using TabOpen. I > get this error message when trying to compile the window. > There was some vague reference to not being able to use a > Use...

PFC Error
hi everyone, i am using pb 9.0.1 build 7275. i have just performed a full rebuild and got these errors. these objects have never been touched by me and were working and building fine. could it be cause i installed the latest ebf? See Errors: pfcapsrv.pbl(pfc_n_cst_error).pfc_n_cst_error.of_processlog.43: Error C0174: Type of actual parameter cannot be ancestor of formal reference parameter type. pfcapsrv.pbl(pfc_n_cst_inifile).pfc_n_cst_inifile.of_delete.123: Error C0174: Type of actual parameter cannot be ancestor of formal reference parameter type. pfcapsrv.pbl(pf...

Action parameter with type Type
public ActionResult Test(Type type)action link test/?type=System.Int32How add automatic converting from type name to type?I try to write a binder but how in BindModel method I can get the type name without knowing about parameter name? Well, Type is the type you're converting to.  "Type" is an object class like any other, so you can call typeof(Type) if you want and so on.  Or maybe I'm misunderstanding your question? The syntax for converting from the string to a Type would be: Type t = Type.GetType(value); Hope that helps Paul  ...

[Firedac][Phys][Ora]-335. Parameter [p_beg_no] data type unknown.
[Firedac][Phys][Ora]-335. Parameter [p_beg_no] data type unknown. Hint: Specify TFDParameter.data type or assign TFDParam value before Prepare/Call I am trying to use a simple TFDConnection and SQLQuery - Oracle 11g These 2 commands work FDConnection1.ExecSQL('Truncate table Reptnos'); FDConnection1.ExecSQL('Insert into Reptnos values (123456)'); This one returns the above error: FDConnection1.ExecSQL('Insert into Reptnos values (:p_beg_no)'); My code: type TForm3 = class(TForm) Label1: TLabel; Label2: TLabel; Label3: TLabel; ...

xml type parameter in Typed Dataset
I have a stored procedure which takes a XML parameter as input and has a XML output parameter. I'm wondering how I can query this procedure through typed dataset.  I tried using querytableadapter in the dataset, but it converts the XML type to object.  Thank You!Thank You, SrikanthWe have only one habitable planet yet. Consider the Environment. Wow! no reply! Am I asking a tough/dumb question or my language is bad?Thank You, SrikanthWe have only one habitable planet yet. Consider the Environment....

ERROR: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: type at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
I have searched a lot and almost every person who has reported this error found it while installing the Gallery module and the solution was to remove a section of the .dnn file. However, this is not my case, so, unfortunately, these threads I found have been of little or no help. Please bear with me and offer help if you can, as this is the first time we try using DNN. I am trying to create my own module in DNN 3.2.2 using the dnnJungle VS project templates. I open the DNN source I downloaded from the DNN site that has a total of 35 projects. Compile. Everything OK. I then add...

Parameters in sql, xml type blocks: data types
I have some leftover dreamweaverMX asp.net code that contains a few sql/xml Parameter blocks in an admin-insert-data script: <Parameters> <Parameter Name="@ProductType" Value='<%# IIf((Request.Form("ProductType") <> Nothing), Request.Form("ProductType"), "") %>' Type="WChar" /> as far as specifying a Type, for strings it looks like WChar works, and for dates, Date. What about for truefalse-boolean fields, and numeric integers? thanks chum...

Difference between typed and un-typed parameters and SQL Injection
I am just wondering about the difference between typed and untyped parameters in SQL queries, specifically how they relate to SQL Injection attacks.For example Let's say this is my query:SqlConnection conn=new SqlConnection(myConnStr);conn.Open();SqlCommand cmd=new SqlCommand("Select * from table where id=@id");What is the difference between:cmd.Parameters.Add("@id",idfield.Text);and SqlParameter parm=cmd.Parameters.Add("@id",SqlDbType.Int);parm.Value=idfield.Text;Check out my blog - Silly Name, Smart Solutions I do not believe there is any difference with respect to SQL Injection.  ...

Unknown Type
Hi.. I implemented the AuthService interface and when the user is authenticated using a certificate and I call the getName() method of the SessionInfo object, I receive a DN type string which looks like this: C = ca, ST = qc, L = ste-foy, O = ssq, CN = admin, Unknown_type = admin The last parameter reads Unknown_type ... and I managed to find that it should read OID2.5.4.5 Why does it returns Unknown_type ? thanx Mathieu Girard mathieu.girard@ssq.ca ...

The types of the parameter field and parameter field current values are not compatible.
Hi, Trying to invoke crystal report from ASP.net, worked fine until I updated the report. Not sure where the problem is.   Any help, would be appreciated....

C0174: Type of actual param cannot be ancestor of formal reference parameter type
Hello team sybase, I have a question After a full build, this error message was displayed. What does it mean? pfcapsrv.pbl(pfc_n_cst_error).pfc_n_cst_error.of_processlog.43: Error C0174: Type of actual parameter cannot be ancestor of formal reference parameter type. thanks, Erge Normally what this means is that a parameter is declared as a descendant type and you are trying to pass an ancestor type. In this case, there seems to be some confusion on the part of the compiler between the type of inv_filesrv. Have you extended pfc_n_cst_error at all? Have you re-d...

How can I pass a null value for an integer (value type) parameter and then check if this integer parameter is null?
Normally in VB.Net if I pass an integer parameter as 'Nothing', then in the called method this parameter is automatically set to zero. I want it to remain null so I can use the following code as it seems more intuitive than checking for 0 value: if moduleId is nothing then    'Do some processing here end if   In C#, I guess we can declare the parameter as int? moduleId and it can then be checked for null value.sun21170 The int? in C# is an example of using nullable types, which are a feature new to .NET 2.0. The ? is just syntactic sugar in the C# language....

The created *.XSD file generated Update method works using parameter values but not with parameter of type datarow
The created *.XSD file generated Update method works using parameter values but not with parameter of type datarowHi and thanks for looking into this issue.Scenarioin my Gridview, the primary key can be updated ( called "ID") and the signature for the Xsd's generated update method when passing by values has a new field called "original_ID" . When assigning a value to "original_ID", Xsd's generated update method works.  Now, if I want to use the Xsd's Update method that takes a paraemeter of type datarow, I am assuming the datarow also needs a ...

Generic Brick Wall: "Type Parameter 'T' must be a class type" [Edit]
I hit brick walls when trying to use generics all the time. It is really infuriating. I get to a point in my definitions, sometimes spending hours coding up related classes, only to find that there's some syntactical limitation to the language that prevents me from moving forward. My latest infuriating brick wall: what am I missing? When I write: *IIndirectlyLinkable<T: class> = interface;//forward* *TLinkedList<T: class, IIndirectlyLinkable<T>> = class;//forward* The compiler tells me: "Type Parameter 'T' must be a class type" on...

Web resources about - unknown parameter type - perl.beginners

Google Webmaster Tools Parameter Handling - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Alternatives to boolean parameters