Still Trying to Understand Perl Module Control Process

	I am using cpanp or cpan plus to handle perl modules on
a FreeBSD system. If I give the command

cpanp -i Net::DNS
it installs Net::DNS 0.73. Normally, this is exactly what one
would want it to do but Net::DNS0.73 is buggy. At least one bug
causes domain name server or DNS updates to fail so I either
want the version just below Net:DNS0.73 or there are a couple of
versions of it dated January of 2014, basically anything but the
one it keeps trying to install.

	What am I supposed to do to safely fix this problem and
hopefully keep the rest of perl working and cause the
installation of Net::DNS 0.something else?

cpanp -h says, in part,

    i MODULE | NUMBER ...  # install module(s), by name or by search number

	cpanp -f Net::DNS lists all versions of Net::DNS and
their release dates of which there are 11. What is the search
number?

Thank you.

Martin
0
martin

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 10:32:14 -0600
"Martin G. McCormick" <martin@server1.shellworld.net> wrote:

> 	I am using cpanp or cpan plus to handle perl modules on
> a FreeBSD system. If I give the command
>
> cpanp -i Net::DNS
> it installs Net::DNS 0.73. Normally, this is exactly what one
> would want it to do but Net::DNS0.73 is buggy. At least one bug
> causes domain name server or DNS updates to fail so I either
> want the version just below Net:DNS0.73 or there are a couple of
> versions of it dated January of 2014, basically anything but the
> one it keeps trying to install.

You can provide the exact one you want, e.g.:

cpanp -i NLNETLABS/Net-DNS-0.72.tar.gz

(I don't use cpanplus, but I'd imagine that'll work; it does with cpan
and cpanm)

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <davidp@preshweb.co.uk>
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/     www.preshweb.co.uk/twitter

0
davidp

Still trying to understand..
Hey fellow Linux users! Let me introduce myself to all of you, my name is Ben and I'm a recent Suse 11.0 installer/user/novice. Let me start by saying Linux is so amazing. I love the interface and its super stable and quick. I'd choose this over windows anyday! I recently got a little interested in linux about 3 years ago when one of my Compute teachers gave me a Live Knoppix Cd. And I thought it was the coolest thing ever. But I still have a little dificulty understanding how linux works. I mean I read alot of websites and everything but its still a little confusing to me....

Trying to load a control into a control from another control
Exactly as the subject states, I'm trying to load a control into another control from a control loaded into a page, I keep getting this error from the code I have below. I've also tried the findcontrol but it keeps coming up null. (67): 'System.Web.UI.UserControl' denotes a 'class' where a 'variable' was expected UserControl ut = ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).LoadControl("BrowseItems"); ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).pnl_browse_main.Controls.Add(ut); This is how we Load User controls into a content place holder. try { UserCont...

still trying to understand session
Am trying to understand how session variables work with regard to datasets. I have a very simple sample application with two web pages. There's no user interface, just code behind which I trace to see what's happening. WebForm1, Page Load - Fill a dataset with records from the authors table of the pubs database, store the dataset in session, then go to page 2: Session("dsAuthors") = ds Response.Redirect("WebForm2.aspx") WebForm2, Page Load - Declare a new dataset and load it from session: Dim ds As New DataSet ...

Still Trying to Understand GAC
So I GAC'd a component using gacutil.exe, which I found in my .NET Framework 1.1 installation directory (C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322) I then modified the component, recompiled it, and re-GAC'd it. Then I verified that there are now 2 instances of the assembly, with different versions, in the GAC (using gacutil.exe /l). I noticed that my 2 instances are listed in both the programs\admin tools\Microsoft .NET 1.1 Configuration and Microsoft .NET 2.0 Configuration tools. But I also noticed that the .NET 2.0 list has more stuff, and some updated components (that I didn...

Trying to Understand the Info, Controller Object
All,I spent some time going over the training videos here. http://www.dotnetnuke.com/About/TrainingVideos/tabid/810/Default.aspx NICE!!!I am familiar with asp.net etc. Using the codesmith to build the code for the Info and Controller objects is nice. However, how do I set up my code in the Info Class to represent something like a Student that is in MANY art classes? Do I append a Dataset to that Class Object containing those relationships and modify the Controller Class to load that data? I want to do things the DNN way so please help!Thanks Anyone yet?...

DotNetNuke: How to view user control Module by giving control Key in module definition
 I'm not viewing the usercontrol page when I'm giving Control key name in the module definition. but its shows if not giving control key name.I want to navigate from one user control page to another page module..I've written the coding as shown in below.. Response.Redirect(Globals.NavigateURL(PortalSettings.ActiveTab.TabID, "ControlKeyValue", "mid=" + ModuleId.ToString())); Its showing blank page when I'm executed...can anyone help me to solve this problem..?Thanks in advance..!Muthupandian ...

Dynamic Controls: Trying to understand the logical flow?
I've been reading countless articles describing how to create dynamic server controls, then assign values to them.  I'm having difficulty assigning values as I keep getting an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error.  I am unable to paste my exact code, but here is basically what I'm trying to accomplish: I have a house with 1 to many windows and the user can add windows as they see fit.  I'm dynamically creating a table to hold the windows, and ultimately want to recreate/populate the table when the user needs to update the number of windows.House.aspx:Co...

Understanding control types and navigation within module
Hi,If anybody has any information or resources on the following topics I'd be grateful if they share them.Understanding control types (Edit, View, etc.)Navigating Within the Module with EditURL()Navigating Within the Module with NavigateURL()Many thanks,Norm...

Trying to understand postback with dynamic created controls
Hello,  I have real difficulty trying to understand how to handle postbacks with controls that are dynamically created. I have a webform in which I create a number of checkboxes dynamically (fillRoles). When I click the save button on my form I execute the btnSave_Click eventhandler that should save my checkbox values into the database. But since the checkboxes are lost at the postback i re-create them, figuring they should regain their state because i create them with the same ID. I guess I've made some amateur designer booboos here. Could somebody please assist? Here is my code: &nb...

Skinning: Blog module exception trying to load control into my skin
Hi all. I've got the following exception with my skin .. but only for the blog module edit page, I can't figure out what's up. Here's the exception and my skin file. --- Exception --- DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Adding Module to ContentPane ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string. Parameter name: startIndex at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy) at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex) at DotNetNuke.HtmlEditor.Ftb3HtmlEditorProvider....

Re: RFC 334 (v1) I'm {STILL} trying to understand this...
* It also means we can write bits of perl in Perl, and similarly not have to care about this fact. Granted, some developers are thick as a brick... If you are writing perl in Perl, then, presumably, you would know this. Excatly where is the added value, or is it purely for entertainment purposes ?? ;) At 07:48 PM 10/12/00 +0000, John van V wrote: > * It also means we can write bits of perl in Perl, and similarly not > have > to care about this fact. > >Granted, some developers are thick as a brick... >If you are writing perl in...

one module to control another module
I would like to have one module that controls another module. that is I want to have a list of things and then the user clicks on one of those things I want another module the image module or something that display an image with that thing. I preferrabely would like to use the modules that come with dotnetnuke. Is there a way to accomplish this (to parameterize a module). thanks, dan ....and in the darkness bind them. something like the link module but I do not want the navigation to the link to appear on a different page and i still want to have the links available. Inter m...

RE: TRIEs in the core (was: Re: Module for simple processing of " log" files_
------_=_NextPart_001_01C5351E.65471358 Content-Type: text/plain > Orton, Yves wrote: > [...] > > <shameless plug> > > But David and the other Regexp authors need to update their > code to take > > advantage of 5.9.2 and later innate TRIE optimisation. They > still have > > room for optimising the patterns that they build but they > will need to > > build fairly different looking patterns to really harness > the TRIE regop. > > > > </shameless plug> > > No, I've been following the threa...

Dynamically Loading Controls/Modules within a Module
Hi, I have a standard recordset detail senario within DNN and I'm trying to understand how I can call another control in my project from within d > Search And Search Results >>>>>Single Row Detail With edit Controls >>>>>>>>>>>>>Add New Sub Item >>>>>>>>>>>>>Add New Sub Item I want all the process's to occer within the one module. I've setup the DAL, CBO, and my ASPX pages. but What I need is a way to call in code that Single Row Detail Control I can't seem to register it becaus...

Slider control not rendering on DotNetNuke module control
Dear friendsI'm developing a website using DotNetNuke and asp.net and using a Slider control of the latest source there. I'm phacing a problem that its not rendering when I run the website. Here is a code: <ajaxToolkit:SliderExtender ID="SliderExtender1" runat="server" BehaviorID="Slider1" BoundControlID="Slider1_BoundControl" Maximum="100" Minimum="-100" Steps="5" TargetControlID="Slider1"> </ajaxToolkit:SliderExtender> <asp:Label ID="Slider1_BoundCont...

Web resources about - Still Trying to Understand Perl Module Control Process - perl.beginners

Resonate Social For Facebook Helps Advertisers Understand Users’ Motivations
Why do Facebook users make the decisions they make? Resonate wants to help advertisers find out, so the digital marketing outfit launched Resonate ...

Facebook PMD Gigya releases Consumer Insights to better understand user identities
... allows marketers to easily query Gigya’s Identity Storage database and tie identity information with key performance indicators to understand ...

Genius — Search and understand the meaning of song lyrics, poetry, literature, and news on the App Store ...
Get Genius — Search and understand the meaning of song lyrics, poetry, literature, and news on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and ...

All sizes - Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply ...

"Understands" - YouTube
If Mitt Romney wins, the middle class loses. (Priorities USA Action is responsible for the content of this advertising)

Scientists continue search to understand Mers
The Mers coronavirus continues to confound scientists. To better understand the disease and determine where it comes from, a new project set ...

Explainer Video of the Day: Author John Green Helps You Understand Boko Haram
... in the news, but the situation in Nigeria with the Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram often gets overlooked and can be difficult to understand. ...

Businesses don't understand FTAs, so how will they deal with the TPP?
The government is keen to negotiate free trade agreements to bolster economic activity, but new research shows it has its work cut out to educate ...