From: bc [mailto:bee@mindspring.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 7:34 PM
To: beginners@perl.org
Subject: space

who knows of some free web space that allows the use of perl?  so i can test
my "hello world" program and more and more...  :)
bc

0
cygnusstudios
6/7/2001 11:36:57 PM
On 07 Jun 2001 19:36:57 -0400, Mark S wrote:
> You could just set up a web server on your own machine, if that's all you're
> looking to do.

Apache (http://www.apache.org) seems to run on just about everything (
<snip href="http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html">
* runs on Windows NT/9x, Netware 5.x, OS/2, and most versions of Unix,
  as well as several other operating systems
</snip>).
--

Today is Pungenday, the 12nd day of Confusion in the YOLD 3167

0
cowens
6/7/2001 11:44:11 PM
On 2001.Jun.08 - Fri 02:34, bc wrote:
|  who knows of some free web space that allows the use of perl?  so i can
| test my "hello world" program and more and more...  :) bc

	Give a try to nether.net and hobbiton.org, telnet there, make new accoutn,
setup your www forlder and go! :) at these sites there is help how to do all
this. If more help needed, ask ;)

--
Digitally yours ( Doncho N. Gunchev <mr_700@yahoo.com> ) {
	The software is just like sex, the best one is for free...

Line spacing, word spacing, char spacing
I already found out line , word and char spacing are not foreseen in GDI+.According to some websites, the MeasureString method does not work the way it should. (which I could use to manually change the X/Y positions etc.)Does anyone know of a component that will do the trick?And preferrably not one that will cost me hundreds of euros :)All I want to do is put some text on an image ...The only problem being is that line, word and char spacing are strict requirement.Seems easy, but I'm quite desperate so thank you for your early reply....

UNIX file system free space, used space, total space
Anyone have an idea about getting UNIX file system free space, used space, total space numbers without having to resort to something like the following ( which gets the percent of used space for a command-line supplied file system name stored in the variable ${file_sys} ): $per_used = `df -k | grep " ${file_sys}\$" | awk '{print \$5}'`; > Anthony (Tony) Esposito > Senior Technical Consultant > Inovis(tm), formerly Harbinger and Extricity > 2425 N. Central Expressway, Suite 900 > Richardson, TX 75080 > (972) 643-3115 > tony.esposito@ino...

Beginner of Beginner getting an error
Hi Guys, I have this script: #!/usr/bin/perl # track, find email addresses in emails, # writes them to /var/opt/ITrootmail/bad/ with a date # set up as a pipe for procmail or use with Pine $now = `date`; # find included email-like addresses while ($line = <STDIN>) { if ($line =~ /\b([\w_\-\.]+ at [\w_\-\.]+)\b/) { # exclude email addresses not needed (next) if ( $1 =~ /\d{8,}/ ); (next) if ( $1 =~ /postmaster/i ); (next) if ( $1 =~ /DAEMON/i ); ...

Space
Infomaker 7.0.3 Build 100009, Oracle 8i I have an if statement that produces a null value. This null value is given space on my report. I need to get rid of that space. Is there a way to say if(x,y,?)? If x is true do y, else stop or(do nothing)? I can't think of any way to get rid of the space?? Thanks in advance! I'm not sure I understand you. You can conditionally change the size (width, height) of a column using an expression. Select the Properties for the column and then the Position tab. Click on the little red buttons beside the Width and Height boxes to de...

auto completion by crtl + space is not working with eclipse -epic module , Good IDE for beginner

find space in space in login name
can anybody tell me the way to check whether the user name entered is contained space or not. using asp.net membership control, thanks It will be good if you let us know the exact requirement. anyways, space checking can be done this wayif(TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(string.Empty) > 0) lblError.Text="space present" ;SHASHANK BHIDECAPGEMINI INDIA"THE ROAD TO SUCCESS IS ALWAYS UNDER CONSTRUCTION MARK MY RESPONSE AS ANSWER TO HELP ME BUILD IT :)"  Instead of using string.Empty, it should be if (TextBox1.Text.IndexOf(" ") > 0) {  lblError.Text="sp...

Space Oddity..a revision sung in Space..
<quote> Published on May 12, 2013 A revised version of David Bowie's Space Oddity, recorded by Commander Chris Hadfield on board the International Space Station. </quote> Views: 14,149,275 Time: 05:31 <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo&feature=youtu.be> -- The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese proverb On 5/20/2013 8:40 PM, Bernard Kolisz wrote: > <quote> > Published on May 12, 2013 > > A revised version of David Bowie's Space Oddity, > recorded by C...

Space in Use Negative with Space Restrictions
Using Console 1.3.6 I seem to get quite a few users who have a Space in Use statistic with a negative value therefore allowing them to save a lot more info in their home directories than the restriction should allow. Is there an issue in Console One or is it that the space restrictions on the volume are not working properly? Thanks for any enlightenment on this subject. Ben. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ben Davis - Computer Systems Manager Christian Outreach College Brisbane email: ben@brisbane.coc.edu.au WWW: http://www....

space restriction (negative space in use)
I have NW6.0 SP4 and have space restriction enabled on NSS volume. The "space in use column" show negative numbers, any ideas how to fix this issue? Thanks. TID10074366 ? Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Dave Parkes wrote: > 10074366 This TID takes me to http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/netware/qna/nss.html There is a link "Wierd NSS Stats" which tells me to click on a link to 10074366. That link tells me: The document /10074366.htm is no longer available at support.novell...

Disk Space
Hi, I am using DNN2 for our intranet which means it runs on our own server with lots of disk capacity (dozens of GB). The problem: in "site settings" or "host settings" I cannot enter more than three digits in the disk space field, which means that the highest disk space available is 999 MB. How can I change that limitation? Cheers, DocHoliday MCSA/MCSE on W2K3, artless DNN operator are you really going to have a website that is over a gig? You could probably directly change the db entry.Jeff MartinMCSD C# .NEThttp://www.jeffmartin.com I think on an i...

Line Spacing (How to Double space message)
Is there A way to double space or use 1.5 line spacing in my outgoing messages? On 4/10/2006 8:02 PM On a whim, Jordon Berkove pounded out on the keyboard > Is there A way to double space or use 1.5 line spacing in my outgoing > messages? > > > Hi Jordon, If composing in HTML you can insert a tag to set your line height. Click on Insert, HTML and in the box enter the following: <p style="line-height:1.5"> and click OK. Then type your text. You could save it as a Template so you don't have to enter it every time. I did that here ...

Web resources about - space - perl.beginners

Space - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the general framework of distance and direction. For the space beyond Earth's atmosphere, see Outer space . For the keyboard ...

Mobility parking permit holder fined for parking in disabled space at Westfield Woden
... caused a Canberra woman with paraplegia to be fined $228. A Canberra woman with paraplegia was fined $228 for parking in a disabled space at ...

Apple leaks new Space Black Milanese Loop Apple Watch band on Czech Apple Store site
Apple is readying the launch of a brand new Apple Watch band, a 42 mm Space Black Milanese Loop, suitable for Space Black steel watches. Third-party ...

Under Armour Enters Wearable Space With IBM's Watson and HTC
Under Armour is betting that the smart money for its clothing line is on connected devices and artificial intelligence. The company said Thursday ...

A University Is Supposed to Be a Safe Space for Ideas...
I read: **Victoria Bernal, Karen Brodkin, Marisol de la Cadena, Donald Donham, Christine Gailey, David Goldberg, Akhil Gupta, Sandra Hale, Christine ...

Get ready for official Space Black Milanese Loop Apple Watch bands
Apple appears to be set to launch a brand new Apple Watch band in the form of a 42mm Space Black Milanese Loop band for Space Black steel watches ...

Space Fungus! Mold Found On Space Station Plants
Four zinnia plants on the International Space Station are sickly or dead after mold was discovered in the Veggie experiment facility in late ...

Watch space debris grow exponentially over time
Mankind has littered the space around Earth with nearly 20,000 distinct, trackable objects of debris, but it all started with just one.

How Do We Clean Up All That Space Debris?
There's a lot of debris out in space. What is it and how can we get rid of it?

Betwixt And Between: Finding Space For Sellers Squeezed By Marketing And Sales Enablement Automation
... enable sellers borrow from marketing automation, various forms of analytics, with a strong addition of CRM integration. Vendors in this space ...