Problem with perlbrew and LiteSpeed

	I'm hoping someone has seen this before and can point me in the =
right direction.  I'm moving my site to a VPS to be able to use a more =
modern version of Perl, but I've run into a problem.

	I installed perlbrew along with Perl 5.26.1.  That went =
smoothly.  However, when I try to run even a small test script in a =
browser, the server returns this:

lscgid: execve():/home/user/www/cgi-bin/test.pl: No such file or =
directory

	The perlbrew installation on my Mac works perfectly, but on this =
*nix server, it doesn't**.  The VPS is using LiteSpeed, but I've been =
told it's a drop-in replacement for Apache, so everything *should* work =
the same as before.

	Do I need to do something more than just putting the perlbrew =
perl path in the shebang line?

	Has anyone seen anything like this before?  I'm working with my =
web host on this, but so far they don't seem to know what's going on, so =
I thought I'd ask here just in case.

Thanks,
Frank

** Running the script in terminal works properly, just not in the =
browser.=
0
perl

--001a113e235a42956c055f9bf050

Test one: does the file actually exist.

It is possible that the user is different, or something else in the park is
wrong

Test two: are the permissions on the file and the directories leading up to
the file correct.

If the process can't see the file, then there will be a problem.

Test three: Is there config right?

It is possible that the server defines a location the cgi script must be in
and you have put the file in the wrong place (or used an absolute path
instead of a relative path in the config).

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017, 10:18 SSC_perl <perl@surfshopcart.com> wrote:

>         I'm hoping someone has seen this before and can point me in the
> right direction.  I'm moving my site to a VPS to be able to use a more
> modern version of Perl, but I've run into a problem.
>
>         I installed perlbrew along with Perl 5.26.1.  That went smoothly.
> However, when I try to run even a small test script in a browser, the
> server returns this:
>
> lscgid: execve():/home/user/www/cgi-bin/test.pl: No such file or directory
>
>         The perlbrew installation on my Mac works perfectly, but on this
> *nix server, it doesn't**.  The VPS is using LiteSpeed, but I've been told
> it's a drop-in replacement for Apache, so everything *should* work the same
> as before.
>
>         Do I need to do something more than just putting the perlbrew perl
> path in the shebang line?
>
>         Has anyone seen anything like this before?  I'm working with my
> web host on this, but so far they don't seem to know what's going on, so I
> thought I'd ask here just in case.
>
> Thanks,
> Frank
>
> ** Running the script in terminal works properly, just not in the browser.
> --

--001a113e235a42956c055f9bf050

 in the park is wrong</p>
s leading up to the file correct.</p>
problem.</p>
ript must be in and you have put the file in the wrong place (or used an ab=
solute path instead of a relative path in the config).</p>
SSC_perl &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:perl@surfshopcart.com">perl@surfshopcart.com=
0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=
=A0 =C2=A0 I&#39;m hoping someone has seen this before and can point me in =
the right direction.=C2=A0 I&#39;m moving my site to a VPS to be able to us=
e a more modern version of Perl, but I&#39;ve run into a problem.<br>
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 I installed perlbrew along with Perl 5.26.1.=C2=
=A0 That went smoothly.=C2=A0 However, when I try to run even a small test =
script in a browser, the server returns this:<br>
lscgid: execve():/home/user/www/cgi-bin/<a href=3D"http://test.pl" rel=3D"n=
oreferrer" target=3D"_blank">test.pl</a>: No such file or directory<br>
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 The perlbrew installation on my Mac works perfe=
ctly, but on this *nix server, it doesn&#39;t**.=C2=A0 The VPS is using Lit=
eSpeed, but I&#39;ve been told it&#39;s a drop-in replacement for Apache, s=
o everything *should* work the same as before.<br>
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 Do I need to do something more than just puttin=
g the perlbrew perl path in the shebang line?<br>
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 Has anyone seen anything like this before?=C2=
=A0 I&#39;m working with my web host on this, but so far they don&#39;t see=
m to know what&#39;s going on, so I thought I&#39;d ask here just in case.<=
br>
Thanks,<br>
Frank<br>
** Running the script in terminal works properly, just not in the browser.<=
br>
--<br>
To unsubscribe, e-mail: <a href=3D"mailto:beginners-unsubscribe@perl.org" t=
For additional commands, e-mail: <a href=3D"mailto:beginners-help@perl.org"=
 target=3D"_blank">beginners-help@perl.org</a><br>
p://learn.perl.org/</a><br>

--001a113e235a42956c055f9bf050--
0
chas
12/5/2017 6:23:48 PM
> On Dec 5, 2017, at 10:23 AM, Chas. Owens <chas.owens@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> Test one: does the file actually exist.

	Thanks for the tests.  It turns out there was a typo in the =
shebang line.  It was a tough one to diagnose as the error said the file =
wasn't there. =20

Frank=
0
perl