Printing a text file

Hi list,

Does anyone know how to print out a text file to a
printer? i would like the option of chosing a printer
to send the document to, in addition, will I need to
reformat the text, or will it print out the text file
as is?

Thanx
Ben

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com
0
crane_ba

Ben Crane wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Does anyone know how to print out a text file to a
> printer? i would like the option of chosing a printer
> to send the document to, in addition, will I need to
> reformat the text, or will it print out the text file
> as is?

Have searched in search.cpan.org for "print" ?

I did last week and found a module Printer in it.

Best Wishes,
Andrea
0
andrea_holsten

If I have a.doc file with text, can I print the text?
Is there any Class/Method in asp.net with which I can print the text of a doc file? Another question: I ahev a populated gridview or a datalist and I want to copy it to a file which I have just created. I tried the StreamWriter like: StreamWriter sw=new StreamWriter(FileName); sw.Write(DataList1);   Well I didn't expect it to work, but do you have any ideas how can I copy the whole datalist to the file via codebehind?    Thanks You cannot print the text of a .doc file just like that with the built in asp features. You can either use the Office Com...

Searching text file and printing to new file
I'm a nearly absolute beginner to Perl, and a lot of the text manipulation things confuse me. I have a large text file with information essentially broken into lines like this: findable text with a regexp information I care about more findable text There are plenty of sections like this in the file. How can I write a program that opens the file then searches for the middle line and prints it to a new file? PlagueMagazine@gmail.com wrote: > I'm a nearly absolute beginner to Perl, Then this site ought to be useful: http://learn.perl.org/ > and a lot of the te...

Print and print preview file on the website without using the File
Hi everyone, Is there any source code or help I can use to print and print preview my file on the IE and print the file using my own command instead of using the IE Print command. Please do reply me. Your help is greatly appreciated. Best regards....

How to print dynamic text (with line wrapping) that's not from a text file?
Hi everyone, Being a newbie to .NET, I've seen several examples (especially on MSDN) on printing regular text. However, it all assumes the text is in a text file and fits on a line. I have an application that needs to print textual output on the fly, complete with line wrapping. The output could be one line, or many lines, and have both vbtab and vbcrlf characters. The text is not from a text file and not from another control like a textbox. How is this possible? Can any gurus point me to good examples? Thanks!...

Print text or file
Hi, May I know what's the function to print an external file (ie. abc.doc) or a list of text on powerbuilder coding?? Can I have the sample codes to help me on this issue. Thanks. Depends on what you are printing text file: run('copy c:\myfile.txt lpt1') or use FileCopy String variable: FileOpen ('LPT1') FileWrite(ls_text) FileClose Word document you probably want to use OLE to open and print with Word <lenniegpl@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1194925151.225395.3530@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > May I know what's the ...

Printing text files
Any ideas on the best way to print a text file from a PowerBuilder 7 application would be much appreciated. Do I really need to open it up in notepad, copy the text to a word document, then print? Cheers Garry Garry wrote: > Any ideas on the best way to print a text file from a PowerBuilder 7 > application would be much appreciated. The first that comes to mind: WinExec('notepad /p "your_file_name.txt"', SW_HIDE) Dmitri. Best? What's your criteria? There's probably a couple ways to do it within PB, if your criteria includes m...

printing text file
what command to use in PB to print a text file? Hi MaLai uhhh...print()? You have to read the textfile into i.e. an mle. Then, open a printjob using printopen, mle.print(job), and printclose to close the job. HTH -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 MaLai <MaLai@hotmail.com> wrote in message FOsHM74F#GA.159@forums.powersoft.com... >what command to use in PB to print a text file? > > In one word -- ShellExecuteA. If you need a code sample, check ...

Load a Text File, Search a Text File

Append a text file to an existing text file
Hello, Is there a way to append a text file to an existing text file. For example, File A: Jan Feb Mar April ... File B: 10 30 40 20 ... After appending job, the File A would be like below. Jan Feb Mar April ... 10 30 40 20 ... TIA On Sep 18, 11:49=A0am, backgoo...@gmail.com (Back9) wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to append a text file to an existing text file. > For example, > File A: > Jan Feb Mar April ... > > File B: > 10 30 40 20 ... > > After appending job, the File A would be like below. > Jan Feb Mar April ... &g...

How to append a text file to an existing text file
Hello, Is there a way to append a text file to an existing text file. For example, File A: Jan Feb Mar April ... File B: 10 30 40 20 ... After appending job, the File A would be like below. Jan Feb Mar April ... 10 30 40 20 ... TIA Hi, It's a basic job in Perl, just open, read, and print. open B with read mode; read the content of B into memory (ie, save to a variable); close B; open A with append mode; write B's content to A; close A; 2008/9/19 Back9 <backgoodoo@gmail.com>: > Hello, > > Is there a way to append a text file to...

Printing DW to text file.
I need to save our reports in text files. I need to keep a display format of reports unchanged. I am trying to print a DW to file using Generic / Text only printer. It works fine when I've been using Paper Size: Letter in default document properties of Generic / Text Only. But it does not work when I wanted to use C, D, E or another bigger then Letter paper to print out wide reports. It shows all columns but cutes pages and does not show all data. I tried printing to file from simple .txt file. Same thing. Seems the generic text printer driver is buggy. Can anyone please advise ...

Printing Datawindow to a text file
hi, i need to print a datawindow ( any type, crosstab, grid, any ) to a text file dirctly, i used the object.DataWindow.print.Filename but it is giving the output in a damn way... how can we print it to a formatted text format or excel format ? ( not the save as method ) thanks, Hannah hannah; Just an option, have you looked at the SaveAs() function? HTH, Austin <Hannah> wrote in message news:24848A7C1CBE8B4E0053A6F685256D25.0053A71585256D25@webforums... > hi, > i need to print a datawindow ( any type, crosstab, grid, any ) to a text > file dirctl...

Printing from PB to a text file
Hi, I'm using the generic text printer driver available with win 95 to print my PB generated reports to text files. But i have lots of problems in terms of allignment. I have many text objects in my headers, which wrap around to the next line disrupting the whole report. Let me explain this is what my report in PB looks like FD Type Warrant No. Customer Name ..... This prints perfectly on a 132 column printer, but in windows format. I am using printer setting 'unknown 264' If i use the generic printer driver for creating text file my output is like this ...

Web resources about - Printing a text file - perl.beginners

Printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the process of reproducing text and images. For the handwriting method often called printing, see block letters . For other ...

La Presse Stops Printing Weekday Editions After 131 Years 3
This was part of the company's plan to go paperless.

Napa Valley Register Bids Farewell to Massive Printing Press
There is a wonderful analogy articulated in Napa Valley Register city editor Kevin Courtney ’s account of the end of the in-house printing era ...

Microsoft Outlook for iOS updated with 3D Touch and email printing
... a new event, and viewing your calendar. via iDownloadBlog Print The new version of Microsoft Outlook for iOS also adds support for printing. ...

Epson EcoTank ET-4550 Review: The Future Of Printing Has Arrived
... cartridge. That all-too-familiar scenario is about to change. Epson’s new all-in-one Workforce EcoTank printer line is changing the printing ...

EPFL's printing technique hides one image behind the other
Remember those holographic cards that give off different colors when you tilt them a certain way? Well, in the video below the fold, the &Eacute;cole ...

3-D Printing Brings Czech Cubism To Life In Gorgeous Geometric Dinnerware Set
Svetlana Koženová's collection for Czech home goods retailer Lauriger ushers Czech Cubism into the 21st century. In the years between 1910 and ...

8 Hot 3D Printing Trends to Watch in 2016
Even as the overhyped consumer 3D printing market continues to fall back down to earth, 2016 looks to be a breakout year for the industry assenior ...

How To Control Thermite Pyrotechnics with 3D Printing
... releasing a lot of energy all willy-nilly. Scientists at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) have figured out how to use 3D printing ...

Printing Objects Directly From Fallout 4
... and although we don’t have a ‘took an arrow to the knee’ meme like Bethesda’s last game, there are ample opportunities for cosplay and printing ...