peer to peer programming

Hi,

Does anyone know where I could find information about creating peer to peer
applications in perl?
(Like messengers that don't require a base server...)

If it is possible to do it in perl, please tell me where I can find more
about it if you know.

Thank you.

Octavian

0
orasnita

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 20:45 +0300, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know where I could find information about creating peer to peer
> applications in perl?
> (Like messengers that don't require a base server...)
>
> If it is possible to do it in perl, please tell me where I can find more
> about it if you know.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Octavian

You should start by reading Perl's interprocess communication (IPC) in
`perldoc perlipc`.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

"Where there's duct tape, there's hope."

"Perl is the duct tape of the Internet."
        Hassan Schroeder, Sun's first webmaster

0
shawnhcorey

PEER-TO-PEER
Howdy Security minded people!!! Iwas wondering , How much Peer -to -peer file sharing can you NOT do with a GOOD firewall like ZONE alarm, TpF , and SYgate.????????? Does not a firewall BLOCK OFF the PORT 139 NETBIOS feature that is SO intrinsic to FILESHARING ?? ,ala GNUTELLA , GROKSTER ,IMESH ,KAZZA ????????????? sstu wrote: > Howdy Security minded people!!! Iwas wondering , How much Peer > -to -peer file sharing can you NOT do with a GOOD firewall like ZONE > alarm, TpF , and SYgate.????????? Does not a firewall BLOCK OFF the > PORT 139 NETBIOS feat...

peer to peer
Hi guys I don't have to reset my home peer to peer often so I have totally forgotten how to do it. I am running win98se with all the updates, thin Ethernet cable Ethernet cards in each machine. The computer tells me that the ports, irq, and mem address match between hardware and software, the workgroup names are the same. I can see the one computer name in nhood on each machine but not both names on each machine. I uninstalled ZAF and moved the IE6.0 beta INTRANET security to low. This was working yesterday I installed a new copy of Win98se on my wife's machine which hadn...

Peer to Peer
Hi, I am studying a new Peer2Peer project and I have some concerns that speed limit cannot be done. I mean. The software can show the download (or upload) is using n% ( n<30) of your bandwidth but in fact it's using all of it. If I get the project, I will use Delphi + Indy. But first I would like to know from you if you can control your bandwidth through a software? TIA, Clément Hi, You generally cant control the peak bandwidth use (unless you have the intention to hack the network card in use). You can however control the bandwidth use over time. You do th...

peer to peer share programs
What about morpheus an winmx relative to spyware? WinMx is spyware free to the best of my knowledge. Morpheus I think does have crap with it and IIRC won't work without it but I am not certain of that. -- Charlie Tame "Juan Carlos <Fortinero>" <noemail@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:3BD78E30.E8BD7F24@coldmail.com... > What about morpheus an winmx relative to spyware? > Juan Carlos <Fortinero> <noemail@coldmail.com> wrote in message news:3BD78E30.E8BD7F24@coldmail.com... > What about morpheus an winmx relative to spyware?...

dLoo releases peer-to-peer programming language
From newsforge: nile writes, "Today, dLoo released the complete architecture of an extensible peer-to-peer programming language. Unlike traditional languages, this language is defined on the Internet. Its syntax and semantics can be extended by posting additional pieces of the language. As developers add to the language it scales in richness and functionality. Programs run in a software browser called BlueBox which dynamically downloads and assembles the parts of the language as needed. For more information and access to the source visit http://www.dloo.org. BlueBox is a ...

Ghost peer to peer
Sometimes we ghost image 1 machine from another (peer to peer). If I do this with ZCM, what must I do to the freshly imaged machine to have registration, etc. work correctly? -- willmw ------------------------------------------------------------------------ willmw, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or che...

Peer to peer with XP
I'm back to my never ending network server dilemma... I last left off building a new server computer running W2Kpro and Metadot portal intranet server. It has been working well but not in active use, it's sitting on my bench running everything and backing itself up every night. Problem with Metadot is a) I cannot get direct file access to the HD. b) It's way more than we need. We basically just want to have access to shared MS access, word and excel docs on the server and be able to open them on any local PC. In the Win9x days this is what worked, but since the addi...

Peer to peer connection
Hi, I'm trying to make a program to transfer files between my pc and another that is behind a router. My side will act as master and the other just as a slave, serving what master asks without user interference. I know that the easiest way is to run a idTCPserver at the slave side and a idTCPclient at master's side, but this needs to forward the used port at the router. I want to keep out of this. So I try the reverse way. A idTCPclient at slave side and idTCPserver at my side as master (in my side I can forward ports). Starting the slave it connects to master-server. Af...

Peer to Peer Option
--____ADXKZADLVECJQHAJDWKJ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Tue, 20 Feb 2006 10:29:28 +0000" Hi, Does anyone know how to setup the iFolder 3.2 peer to peer option? on the = iFolder website (www.ifolder.com) it says it is contained in the source = downloads. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. Steve. --____ADXKZADLVECJQHAJDWKJ____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____SBDTGINQINGHZHNMBGVL____" --____SBDTGINQINGHZHNMBGVL____ ...

Peer to Peer Issues
I have a small network operating behind a NAT router, OSs consist of XP home and Ubuntu Linux. On my NAT router I have tended to block all ports outbound and open up as required. In the UK many TV networks operate a Peer to Peer system to allow viewers to catch up on TV programs after the initial broadcast. What are the main security issues with this, I understand P2P as effectively allowing anyone access to my PC but assume this is Read Only and only a specific directory. To date I have tended to use the streaming service but quality is less than obtaining the entire p...

Peer 2 Peer
Hi, is there any quick guide about using P2P functionality in 3.8?, i've been using unison between 2 hosts and worked well so far. Now I need to sync 4 machines with the same data and I guess iFolder would do a better job. Regards, -- ciriarte ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ciriarte, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Vis...

Peer to peer applications
Am facing a problem in developing peer to peer appln. first of all a machine has two ips(one private visible in intranet like 192.168.0.121 and second public ip visible in internet 10.2.2.3).now i need to connect to a peer located at remote place with the same criteria(two ips).The problem is i cnt go through the public ip to internal ip.On reading some articles on net i came to know the technique used to connect through public ip to private ip is termed as "HOLE PUNCHING"/"PORT FORWARDING".can some one help me on this issue? r is there any alternative other than this.I have to do it progra...

Hamachi
Having briefly read about the new Hamachi VPN system I am of the understanding that to initially make the connection I have to log on to the Hamaci server to get the IP addresses. Would this not only be necessary for dynamic IP addresses. Geoff Lane Geoff Lane wrote: > Having briefly read about the new Hamachi VPN system I am of the > understanding that to initially make the connection I have to log on > to the Hamaci server to get the IP addresses. > > Would this not only be necessary for dynamic IP addresses. > > Geoff Lane > I'm not sure...

Peer to peer support for Oracle
I don't know where to get help with this Oracle startup problem. I'm now semi-retired and am a hobby programmer. I have no longer access to Metalink as I had when working. Up until now, I have used a HUAWEI dongle directly connected to my PC. First, the operating system and Oracle start up, then I connect to the internet using Huawei Mobile Partner. Any application can connect to Oracle and use it correctly. All OK. Now I have added a 3G router which is connected to the PC by ethernet cable and has the Huawei dongle connected to a USB port on the router. All works corr...

Web resources about - peer to peer programming - perl.beginners

Computer programming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer programming (often shortened to programming or coding ) is the process of designing , writing, testing , debugging , and maintaining ...

ARIA Awards 2015: Tina Arena calls out commercial radio for ageist programming
"Why is it about our age and looks?" asked Arena in a wide ranging speech.

Craig Federighi promotes Hour of Code workshops, saying programming is “the next level of literacy”
... of Code workshops for kids aged 6 and up, SVP of software engineering Craig Federighi has told the BBC that introducing young children to programming ...

HLN Tries Yet Another Programming Strategy; CEO Exits Company
HLN is going through yet another change in its programming strategy. This time the Turner-owned network will give over part of its programming ...

Apple Open Sources The Swift Programming Language
Back in June at WWDC 2015 Apple surprised a number of people by announcing that they would be making their Swift programming language open source ...

Apple takes the Swift programming language open source
First promised back at WWDC in June , Apple has just taken its Swift programming language open source with the introduction of a new site – swift.org ...

Apple becomes open source champion with Swift programming language
... solutions, surprising many in those communities. Now, it is Apple's turn. Today, the company run by Tim Cook announces that its Swift programming ...

HBO vs Netflix: Who has the best original TV programming?
Not too long ago, TV fans only had to worry about keeping up with a few select shows at a time. Whether you were interested in staying up to ...

"Jon Dovey writes about how reality-TV programming affects the way we understand the very concepts of ...
"With the rise and dominance of reality television over the last twenty-five years comes the concomitant belief that humanity is knowable via ...

Apple’s Swift programming language goes open source
Swift, the fast growing computer programming language created by Apple, is officially going open source starting today. Apple unveiled Swift ...