PDF Generation with PDF::API2 or similar

Dear Gurus,

What is the preferred way to generate PDF file?

I have never done this before and PDF::API2 seems to look good on cpan,
but I can't find any tutorials.

Anyone got any tips?

--
Just getting into the best language ever...
Fancy a yourname@perl.me.uk? Just ask!!!

Gavin Henry wrote:
> Dear Gurus,
>
> What is the preferred way to generate PDF file?
>
> I have never done this before and PDF::API2 seems to look good on cpan,
> but I can't find any tutorials.
>
> Anyone got any tips?

There was a good discussion of this topic on the Chicago PM list in
September 2004:

http://mail.pm.org/pipermail/chicago-talk/2004-September/thread.html#1785

There are several links in those threads of where people found examples,
as well as how others have solved PDF problems.

Personally I haven't used it or worked with PDFs much....

http://danconia.org
0
wiggins
2/22/2005 2:48:42 PM
<quote who="Wiggins d'Anconia">
> Gavin Henry wrote:
>> Dear Gurus,
>>
>> What is the preferred way to generate PDF file?
>>
>> I have never done this before and PDF::API2 seems to look good on cpan,
>> but I can't find any tutorials.
>>
>> Anyone got any tips?
>>

> There was a good discussion of this topic on the Chicago PM list in
> September 2004:
>
> http://mail.pm.org/pipermail/chicago-talk/2004-September/thread.html#1785
>
> There are several links in those threads of where people found examples,
> as well as how others have solved PDF problems.

Great thanks.

> Personally I haven't used it or worked with PDFs much....
>
> http://danconia.org

PS. i have book marked your site, as I like the GetOpt templates. Thanks.

> --

ghenry

PDF::API2 module example for edit pdf and save new pdf file
Dear sirs, I want to learn more about open pdf file and edit and save some other new pdf file. I use PDF::API2 module, Kindly give me an example... Thanking you Regards Baskaran NK baskaran wrote: > Dear sirs, > > I want to learn more about open pdf file and edit and save some other new > pdf file. > I use PDF::API2 module, Kindly give me an example... > > Thanking you > > Regards > Baskaran NK > > > http://search.cpan.org/src/AREIBENS/PDF-API2-0.41/examples/ http://danconia.org ...

saveas pdf but as pdf/a
Hi, we need to save the reports as pdf/a. Is there a way to tell pb or let me save ghostscript to save the datawindow as a pdf/a ? ghostscript has some options like pdf/a but the datawindow printer seems to ignore all settings from ghsotscript TIA Heino Hellmers ...

problem with PDF::Report and images (uses PDF::API2)
Hi all, I'm trying out some PDF modules and have had some success with PDF::Report (http://search.cpan.org/author/AORR/PDF-Report-1.10/Report.pm) adding text and primitive graphics. PD::Report is a wrapper for PDF::API2. But I'm not having any luck inserting images. Here are the instructions: $pdf->addImg($file, $x, $y); Add image $file to the current page at position ($x, $y). I assume that I should provide a filename here. If I do that with a jpeg image for example, I get this error: sputnik:~/perl/pdf -> ./new_report > report-new.pdf Can&...

Generate PDF from HTML page(convert Html page to PDF)
I want to convert a html page in to PDF in asp.net . ok now i have data in a dataset  then how can  generate a PDF from a dataset.Regards Pragash TChennai dont believe you can as .PDF isn't a natively supported type. You can't read it without a tool either...... pragasht: I want to convert a html page in to PDF in asp.net . ok now i have data in a dataset  then how can  generate a PDF from a dataset. Hi pragasht, If you want to change your question, the recommended way is create a new thread or add a reply. Since you have modified your original post,...

dw.saveAs (PDF) generates a PS file instead of PDF file
Guru(s), I have PowerBuilder 10.5 build 5048 and GhostScript 8.57. In simple words, I am trying to print DW into a PDF using SaveAs ("file name", PDF!) The PDF file is generated, but I can not open with Acrobat or any other PDF viewers. But I can open it fine with a PostScript Viwer like GSView. It looks like a PS file more than a PDF file. What am I missing? Do I need to convert this PS into PDF by calling a GhostScript script? Appreciate you help, Div FYI, The header of the file looks like ------------------------------------------------------- %!PS-A...

PowerBuilder 9, 11.5
our configuration: EAServer 5.5 PowerBuilder 9, 11.5 Windows XP, 2003 what we do: generate PDF documents using the distill method (Sybase Postscript Printer Driver, Ghostscript) with PowerBuilder in EAServer using datastore.SaveAs(ls_fileName, PDF!, TRUE). This works fine, no problem there. what is it about: the generated PDF document seems to be somewhat 'protected' - what I mean is: if I open the PDF document, select some text therein and copy this text to a notepad document then the resulting text is non readable anybody has an idea why ? anybody knows...

How to generate PDF report from datagrid using Gios PDF .NET or itextsharp library ?
I have a problem.I am developing my web application using csharp on visual studio 2003. I am able to generate datagrid without any problem. But I want records on datagrid to be exported on pdf document. Have tried using Gios PDF .NET library, from http://www.codeproject.com/KB/graphics/giospdfnetlibrary.aspx. But the problem I have is when declare in my code using Gios PDF. it is saying that it does not know about Gios PDF. I have tried to put references but not working. How can I do it? So that I use this powerful library. The problem I have is calling the Gios PDF .NET library in my files....

In the pdf generated file ,on the email click the file is attached with extension .apsx instead of .pdf
I have used the following line of code to embed the pdf file into browser.Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline; filename=" + reportName + Session.SessionID + ".pdf"); I am getting th epdf file generated into browser perfectly.But when i click the EMAIL option i found the file is attached with .aspx extension instead of .pdf.So do suggest some ideas or solution. Hi ,I also need to generated pdf file in browsers.I tried with your line of code (  Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline; filename=" + reportName + Ses...

PDF download with web service generates error: file does not begin with '%pdf'
I get the following file when streaming a PDF file through a web service: file does not begin with '%pdf' I do not get this error with other files and I do not have this problem on the production server ironically just the staging server. Any ideas?...

appending a pdf to a pdf stream
so i have a report that i stream to the client as a pdf...is it possible to append a pdf file to this stream? is it as simple as opening the pdf file into an iostream then appending those bytes onto the original pdf stream? thanks in advance. Kind of. There's a great third party tool from dynamic PDF you can use. Here's an article that will help: http://aspalliance.com/571If my post is your answer, please mark it as the answer. It will bring good karma.Crystal AllianceMy BlogFlorist Blogs i'll give it a try...thanks....

PDF Generation
I want to generate a PDF that contain barcode like this http://pdf.helium-solutions.com/barcode.aspx   Any one has an idea how to do so? Thanks Hi Danni, Well first you need something to generate the barcode. You can find lots of barcode generating components on Goolge for use in ASP.NET - like this one.  Depending on how adventerous you are, you could also create your own barcodes using a barcode font - here is a free one you can use. Depending on the component you use, it will also probably support exporting to PDF's. The link I gave you above does exporting to PDF....

pdf in landscape and pdf filter
Hello! I have 2 questions concerning dwnwt in web forms C# 1)I use the 'classic' code to print datawindows using pdfs stored in an IIs folder.The problem I have is how to have landscape pdfs.Some of my reports can fit only in landscape and the portrait splits the report in 2 pages which makes it difficult to ne read... 2)In an earlier post I came across the same problem I have that is printing in pdf filtered datawindows.Can someone explain how can I do it.I think I must cache the filter buffer but I do not know how.. Thanx in advance!! For Question 1) You can u...

PDF to XML? PDF to Text?
Hello. I need .NET component to convert PDF document to XML or PDF to text. Help? Thank you in advance.Jasem Al-ShamlanInternet Applicationshttp://i.com.kwKuwait Here is a component that can read from PDF and you can out put the data in any format .... http://www.edcomponents.com/EDComponents/Main.aspx?ProductID=1ASP.Net Tips & Tricks - Jawad's Blog...

PDF Generation
I have to print a PDF document from the data in my asp.net application.I would like to know which options do I have, is there an included library? Thanks i think this is what you needhttp://forums.asp.net/1080568/ShowPost.aspxFadil Alnassar www.fadilalnassar.com | FREE Nodil Tab Controlhttp://www.mefranchising.com http://www.tallcomponents.com/ is one of the great third party component.Raj. Thanks...

Web resources about - PDF Generation with PDF::API2 or similar - perl.beginners

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Star Trek: The Next Generation (often abbreviated to TNG ) is an American science fiction television series created by Gene Roddenberry as part ...

Port lease deal steals from future generations
Deals are being done that will affect the bay, neighbouring communities and road networks.

Canberra woman allegedly assaulted by three generations of her own family
... and bruises to her head. A Canberra woman suffered cuts to her arm and face and a bruised head after she was allegedly assaulted by three generations ...

Why Are We Disappointed in the Next Generation?
... or choose to learn the hard way. Standard parenting stuff. Those are the same complaints my mother had. When it comes to the younger generation, ...

PSA: Get all three current-generation consoles for $570
... available on the other two. For those gamers, GameStop has an online deal that means you don't have to choose. The new Pre-owned Next Generation ...

Santa brought you a 4th generation Apple TV? Here's what to do first
As far as I'm concerned, Apple won 2015 feel free to disagree. According to yours truly, the privacy-focused company holds the crowns for best ...

Enter to win the 4th generation Apple TV!
... a television personal assistant…wait, actually, that last one’s within reach. Enter our latest giveaway for a chance to win the fourth generation ...

UNESCO and Panasonic Launch Educational Support Programs for the Next Generation in Off-Grid Communities ...
UNESCO and Panasonic Corporation launch educational support programs for the next generation in off-grid communities in Myanmar and donate 500 ...

New efforts to inspire next generation of pilots - Videos - CBS News
Many regional airlines are struggling to fill the cockpit due in part to the high costs of flight school. While JetBlue is launching a training ...

Cartoon: A long time ago, generations far, far away...