Oracle function call

------=_NextPart_000_512F_01C54762.D2410210

Disclaimer:=20

This message and any attachment(s) contained here are information that =
is confidential, proprietary to HCL Technologies and its customers. =
Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The =
information is solely intended for the individual or the entity it is =
addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you =
are not authorized to read, forward, print, retain, copy or disseminate =
this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in =
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete =
it from your computer.

------=_NextPart_000_512F_01C54762.D2410210--
0
Bedantab

Calling Oracle Stored Function calls using JDBC?
To prepare our application for Appeon Server, we are changing our Oracle DB interaction from Native Oracle Driver to using JDBC so we can deploy the app on Appeon. Does someone know the SYNTAX on how to call oracle stored function from PB using JDBC. Some sample code would be apprecaited.. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0469_01C40859.331BADA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quote...

Using RPCFUNC when calling Oracle Procedures/Functions in Oracle PACKAGES
I have looked at the documentation that I have, and found that RPCFUNC is the recommended option to call remote stored procedures. Does this, however, also work with Oracle packages (functions and procedures within an Oracle package)? I have done the following: 1. Created a user object (uo_transaction) inherited from transaction and had the following on its Decalre Local External Functions: FUNCTION string get_ins_address_zid(string address_type_zid, string address_line1, string address_line2, string address_line3, string brgy_zid) RPCFUNC ALIAS FOR "MAPI_CENTRAL.TBPKG__A...

PB 10.5.1 Build 6021 , Oracle 10g server , Oracle 8i client. Making an RPC call to a Oracle Function and the last character is getting truncated
Making an RPC call to a Oracle Function and the last character is getting truncated. Similar Support Case : CR Number: 386424 Case Number: 11158124 I tried Disableunicode = 1 and not working .Is there any other workaround for oracle 8i client. That case was for Oracle 9i server and 8i client. There was a second workaround which was to use the Oracle 9i client. Not sure if that would work for you since you're on Oracle 10g server. > Making an RPC call to a Oracle Function and the last > character is getting truncated. > > Simi...

call oracle function
hi there I have a select statement (oracle) in a datawindow. in this sql statement I want to use a function I have defined in oracle. With SQL+ I can execute this function without any problem. But in a datawindow there happens nothing. no error and the other select data are displayed correctly. only the data from the functio is null?????? Any help ? Thank you Markus Works for us when the function returns a valid value when called with appropriate arguments. Can you run the SQL [not just the function call] from SQL+? Please post the SQL from the datawindow and the funct...

how to call an oracle function
how do i call an oracle function from a c# asp.net application? i need to call: ops$sqltime.pa_new_job_no_fn which should return the next job_no. given a project_no. thanks in advance. // not tested, but should work OracleCommand cmd       = new OracleCommand("ops$sqltime.pa_new_job_no_fn","connection_string"); cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; OracleParameter p_number = new OracleParameter(); p_numberl.OracleDbType = OracleDbType.Decimal; p_number.Direction = ParameterDirection.ReturnValue; cmd.Parameters.Add(p_number); // open databas...

How call a Oracle Function using Microsoft .Net Oracle Client (System.Data.OracleClient)?
I try to call Oracle Function in .net C# by using System.Data.OracleClient. But i am not successful. Here is my code FUNCTION TTHAO_MONTT_EXISTS ( vten varchar2) RETURN boolean IS ret boolean; montt_id integer; BEGIN ret:=false; montt_id:= -1; select monthethao_id into montt_id from TTHAO_MONTHETHAO where ten = vten; if montt_id!=-1 then ret:=true; end if; return ret; Exception when others then return false; END; I do not know, when I call function TTHAO_MONTT_E...

Need to call Authenticate function before calling Read function
Hi, I am trying to set the datasource of a GridView to an ObjectDataSource.  The Object I am using calls a web service so on every function I use, I need to Authenticate the user first. This is normally how I would call a function from code-behind:1 Dim ws As New MyService.Items 2 MyFunctions.PopulateSoapHeader(ws, Session("LOGINKEY")) 'this is a function that passes the login key on each function 3 Dim ds As DataSet 4 ds = ws.ReadItems()  Now, my ObjectDataSource looks like this: <asp:ObjectDataSource ID="odsItem" runat="serve...

Why is my function call not waiting for a callback from another function call
Why is my javascript being called prematurely and how can I fix this.  When the update happens, the JavaScript call is not waiting for the callback from the update.  So it is reloading my page prematurely before the update is done.     Protected Sub btnAccept_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)           Dim sb As System.Text.StringBuilder = New System.Text.StringBuilder("")         sb.Append(vbCrLf)         sb.Append("<script language...

Function call in other function
void (con){string baglanti = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["Musa"].ConnectionString; OleDbConnection con = new OleDbConnection(baglanti); }  void OkunmaSayisiniArttir() {con();       // error  OleDbCommand komut = new OleDbCommand("UPDATE makaleler SET mak_hit=mak_hit+1 where kimlik=@kimlik ", con); komut.Parameters.Add("@kimlik", Request.QueryString["kimlik"]); con.Open(); komut.ExecuteReader(); con.Close(); komut.Connection.Close(); } __________________________ This code blog does...

DBI call of Oracle function
Hi Tim, Becka, Thanks, I had always converted my Oracle functions into stored procs to call them. This will be useful Dave Becka Louden wrote > Thanks Tim, that worked!! > > my $insert_cr = $dbh->prepare("DECLARE result_cr VARCHAR2(30); > BEGIN ? := SYSTEM.LoadCreditReport(?,?,?); > END;"); #crr_id, directory, filename > > ############################################## > > $insert_cr->bind_param_inout(1, $return_val, 748363, SQL_VARCHAR); > $insert_cr->bind_param(2, $c...

Calling Oracle function with IN OUT parameter
Dear all, I have created an oracle (version 8.01) function with an IN OUT argument as below : Function BBB ( xxx in out char) return number IS BEGIN XXX :='ABC'; RETURN 0; END; -- Function BBB I create RPCFUNC in external Function in powerbuilder (version 7.03) as below : function long rpc_bbb(ref string xxx) RPCFUNC ALIAS FOR "BBB" I code the below script in the button clicked event : String p ='ac' rpc_bbb(P) MESSAGEBOX ("SUC",P) It gave me "Application Error ..... The memory could not be read" and Power...

Calling Oracle Functions from IM
I want to be able to call some of our Oracle functions like api.returnDataBaseName(); from IM. Maybe in a calculated field. Can anyone offer any lessons learned. Thanks Kam Useing: IM 8.0.3 Build 9704 on Windows NT connected Oracle 8. Just code that in your SQL statement, e.g. select col1, myfunction() from mytable where ... -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. SDN: http://www.sybase.com/developer/ <Kamran> wrote in message news:702F9CBA36684799006EC55385256C64.006EC56285256C64@webforums... > I want to be able t...

Calling an Oracle APEX function
 Hi I have created a package within apex and I am trying to call one of the functions.  Here is the package header:  CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE pkgStudent AS -- -- PURPOSE -- To allow update,insert and deletion of students -- -- HISTORY -- 27-MAR-2009 CLENGERT Created -- -- FUNCTION insertStudent (p_firstname IN VARCHAR2 ,p_lastname IN VARCHAR2 ,p_studentnum IN VARCHAR2 ,p_email IN VARCHAR2 ) RETURN VARCHAR2; FUNCTION updateStudent (p_studentID IN VARCHAR2 ...

How to call Oracle Stored Functions
Hi, there I've created some functions using PL/SQL. How I can call these stored functions in PowerBuiler enviroment. It seems PowerBuilder can only call stored procedures. Could it also call Oracle stored functions? I'm using PB7 and Oracle8. Thanks for any advice. Stephen Create a nvo descended from transaction. Then you declare a local external function. PB will find both functions and procedures. A function would look something like this: function double TO_UNITS(double QUANTITY_IN,string UNITS_FROM,string UNITS_TO) RPCFUNC ALIAS FOR "~"ATGASDBA...

Web resources about - Oracle function call - perl.beginners

Wave function - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... (a ball attached to a spring ) in classical mechanics (A-B) and quantum mechanics (C-H). In quantum mechanics (C-H), the ball has a wave function ...

TV binging, exercise skipping linked to poor cognitive function
... their fit, less TV-addicted counterparts. In particular, couch potatoes had slightly lower brain processing speeds and worse executive function, ...

iPhone best tricks and functions - Business Insider
Your iPhone can do a lot more than you think.

Review: HP Spectre 360 A Perfect Mix Of Style, Form, Function
HP Inc. delivers a brushed-aluminum laptop with a new 6th Generation Intel i7 processor, making it one of the best-looking, best-priced and best-performing ...

HPE Offers Catalog of Virtual Network Functions for Telcos
The vendor's OpenNFV Solution Portal gives carriers a single place to find a range of VNFs that are pre-tested to run on their networks.

Code Craft – Embedding C++: Timing Virtual Functions
... compiler just like the standard language types. A subtype inherits the characteristics of its parent type and can use, or not, the member functions ...

Madras HC asks police to allow Tipu’s birth anniversary function
... Station on a petition filed by Ismail, General Secretary of Thamizhaga Makkal Jananayaga Katchi, seeking grant of permission to hold the function. ...

Colorado governor: This Planned Parenthood shooting may be a function of inflammatory rhetoric from bloggers ...
Via Grabien , skip to 4:45 of the clip below for the key bit. I naively thought we were (mostly) done with “climate of hate” stupidity after ...

Surprise: Binge-Watching TV May Cause a Decline in Brain Function
With the second season of Transparent only a few days away, some bad news awaits us: According to a recent study and common sense, probably, ...

1964 Archival Footage of British Soldiers Under the Effects of LSD Losing the Ability to Properly Function ...
1964 archival footage of British soldiers being given LSD-25 while training the the field. Over time they lost their ability to properly function, ...