Multiple Page Web-forms, without passing earlier pages values to the next one?

I am using RH9, postgreSQL and perl5. Is it possible to get users to submit multiple page web-forms but not to pass values from one form to the next? I would like to store each page to the database server as it is submitted. Also, to build in the process to resume the web-form submission at a later time e.g say there are twent pages to submit and the user stops feeding the forms at the tenth form. I would like to email the user a reminder so he can log back in and start from the eleventh form. Can anyone tell me if this sort of thing is implemented anywhere, so I can study it. Or, can anyone provide me pointers on how to do it or links for the same? What modules would I require or what type of logic is generally required.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

With best regards.
Sanjay.

0
skpobox

Regards on Passing value from one page to next page
Hiam Learning ASP.NET i have doubt in passing values from one page to next pagefor example:in pageA.aspx i have 2 textbox and one buttonwhen i click button it will redirect to pageB.aspxin this page i will show the previous page details in label format(that means not editable)am not able to get values from previous pageplease help this issueThanks With RegardsS.Senthil Nathan  You can pass them throught the Context variable. Hope this helps.Christian López Espínolapenyaskito AT sevilla DOT dotnetclubs DOT com Thankscan you give some example for thisthis is help for my developmen...

Pass value from one page to another page without using Querystring
Hi i want to carry a value from one page and retrieve the same as in some other page without using Querystring. Kindly answer me soon. Try this link: http://dotnetslackers.com/Community/blogs/haissam/archive/2007/11/26/ways-to-pass-data-between-webforms.aspxSteve Wellens My blog you can send value to other page through this Context.Items.Add("variable","key");Serevr.Transfer("NextPage.aspx");  and can receive the same value at the next page throughstring str=Context.Items["variable"].ToString(); If I was of some help to your query, D...

About passing grid cell value from one page to another web page
 Question: How do I extract the grid cell value and pass it to another page ? in general what is the best way to pass a variable from one page to another ?  Kind Regads,   You could use something likeint grandtotal = 0;int cellVal;foreach (GridViewRow row in GridView1.Rows){String cellText = row.Cells[0].Text;            if (Int32.TryParse(cellText, out cellVal) == true){grandtotal += cellVal;}}expendLabel.Text = grandtotal.ToString(); to extract a grid cells data. The best possible method to send data from one page to...

Passing a value from one aspx page to all remaining aspx pages in a web app
hi, i want to pass a value (label text) from one page to all remaining pages in my web app. i know how to pass from one page to another. how to pass single value to all remanining pages   thanks in advance use session object like if u have to pass the label text from default.aspx to default2.aspx then write this code in default.aspx session("name of the session object")=label1.text and in default2.aspx page load event write dim a as string=session("name of the session object")=   hope it will do byee from:gunjan jhagunjan12hjp@gmail.comgunjan ...

Pass variable values from one ASP page to next ASP page and into javascript

A page can have only one server-side Form tag
I have a web user control in my web page.  The user control (ascx) consist of a text box and button. The web page consist of text boxes and buttons also.  Both pages have form tags with runat=server.  When I run the web page it comes up with the error "A page can have only one server-side Form tag." Both the user control and web page need the form tag with runat=server.  Is there a way I can code these pages where there won't be a conflict between the web user control and the web page? Thanks   JohnMo wrote:Both the user control and web page need the form tag wit...

pass value from web page to master page
Hi All,I m new to asp.net I m using login control but i m not using any provider or membership, as it is my requirmrnt I have a master page which has a menu control from there my user ca go to any page which he wants , after logging in. I want that when the user is logged in then his username should appear on the top of each page , so my question is "how to pass value from a web page to its master page?" I have tried something that is here. in Login page----- protected void lgnLogin_LoggedIn(object sender, EventArgs e)    {    &nbs...

Passing value from one page to another page
Dear sir/madam I am building a page in which value of one page eg.first.aspx in which i have a textfield for validating date(dd\MM\yyyy)and a textarea for writing information and a submit button .For handling event i have first.aspx.cs file  which check for validation of date and which submit information which is written in textarea.Now what i want is that in second.aspx I want to get the valid date entered in textfield and information entered in textarea. Waiting for reply if (Page.PreviousPage != null) { TextBox SourceTextBox = (TextBox)Page.PreviousPage.Fi...

Who to passing a Variable One web page to other page ??
Who to passing a Variable One web page to other page ?? pl. also differant way of passing variable one page to other page If you find it absolutely necessary to pass values between pages (which is the Classic ASP way of dealing with things) you could read this: Passing Server Control Values Between PagesRegardsAndre Colbiornsen ---------------------------------Seventh DayRåbygatan 1A,SE-223 61 LundSwedenMob.: +46-(0)708-97 78 79Mail: info@seventhday.se--------------------------------...

how to navigate the url page in one web application page to another web application page
In my project one solution have 2 web apllications in one folder.like 1.webapplication1 2.webapplication2. in firt webapplication1 i created one aspx page like sample.axpx. in second webapplication2 i created one aspx page like sample2.aspx... in sample2.aspx page have hyperlinl. I need to navigate this hyperlink when i click it go to the sample.axpx. how can i write navigate url for this...help me. ..thanks  As i understand u, you need Multi Project soltuionsee this link, http://community.rainbowportal.net/blogs/jonathans_rainbow_blog/archive/2006/02/19...

Passing a string value from one page to another page
 HI I would like to pass a parameter r a string value from one page to another page. My scenario is I assign that string value in my first page ....after when the user click  the need page later for example page10 it received that value from that first page variable and use that value load the necessary details ....can any one help me if your string is a short one  like one line you can use querystring http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/QueryString.asp if it is more you can use either  session or cookie.Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the p...

passing all the values of checkbox list from one page to other page
i am using visual web developer 2005 and SQL Express 2005 with VB as the code behindi have a checkboxlist in first page and it has 7 items listed in it (checkbox list items and the values are manually entered at the design time itself) i have 7 panels in second page and each panel contains a textbox and a button. initially these panels' visibility is set to falsenow if  user selects 1,5,7 checkbox items in first page then in the secondpage i want 1,5,7 panels to be visiblehow should i pass the values of the selected checkbox items ?this is how my coding is in the page that contains...

Multiple forms on one page, how do I post on to another page?
I have several submit buttons and text boxes, datagrids, etc. on a single page. I want one particular text box and submit button to POST to another page. Since there is only one form tag with postback, is this possible. I need POST instead of querystring because the string may be long (it's a search field) and the results are too large to fit on the same page. Can I take my text box value and submit that to another page from a page with numerous other postback actions on it? if(youTryToBeSmarter) { i.WillTryToBeNicer(); } You can do a couple of things: (1) Use a non-serv...

Web resources about - Multiple Page Web-forms, without passing earlier pages values to the next one? - perl.beginners

Facebook, Ericsson, MediaTek, Nokia, Opera, Qualcomm, Samsung Form Internet.org, Aim To Connect The Two-Thirds ...
... with the nearly two-thirds of the world’s population that still doesn’t have access to the Internet? Global partnership Internet.org — formed ...

Copyright Office discovers web forms, online submissions
Starting on Tuesday, creators can finally use the web to submit copyright …

Textarea Cache: save web form text as you type
... cache can hold. This could make it helpful in other situations, perhaps if you’ve just filled in a company’s web feedback form and realized ...

How To Get Your Mac To Tab To Every Field In Web Forms
I know it’s probably a tiny thing, but man, do I hate having to click on the web form fields to fill in stuff in a drop down menu, like those ...

Web Form Design (豆瓣)
图书Web Form Design 介绍、书评、论坛及推荐

Supercharging ASP.NET Web Form Apps
With the introduction of the ASP.NET Web API in ASP.NET 4.5, it is now possible to add advanced client-side functionality to existing sites

12 useful tips for web form optimisation
... to find our where the pain points are for users can make a massive difference to the user experience. Here are 12 quick tips on web form optimisation... ...

How to Link a Web Form to Evernote Business
Capturing information from visitors to your company’s website is important. With a web form, you can learn about visitor’s interests and questions. ...

Certificate Authorities Form Web Security Standard Advocacy Group
Comodo, GlobalSign, GoDaddy and certificate authorities are teaming up to promote updated technology that will increase security on the Web. ...

One ASP.NET Sneak Peek: Elegant Web Forms and Snowballs in Hell
For the most part, I'm an ASP.NET developer. I don't need to specify MVC or Web Forms, because it's all One ASP.NET its core. My apps are often ...