leaving the checkbox checked after it is checked

not by default that is.
I apologize for double posting, I've been warned that
my subject was too vague.

Hello everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this problem.

Here is what I am trying to do:

- Job request is entered in Form-A.

- When Form-A is submitted, apple.cgi tells the user
the form is successfully submitted and at the same
time appends the request into an html file
(banana.html) that can be seen on the web.

- There is a checkbox near each request on Form-A.
I want that when the checkbox is checked (meaning the
job is done), the job request disappears form the html
file.
Or, the checkbox stays in the box as checked, to show
that the job is done.

---
Below is the apple.cgi, which parses Form-A.  It is
working in that it shows the output when form is
submitted, it appends the information to the html file
and puts a checkbox near each request. However, I
don't quite know how to show the job is done for
tracking purpose.
Any help will help :)

thanks a billion!
-vicky

#!/tools/bin/perl

require "cgi-lib.pl";
&ReadParse;

open (LOG, ">>../../docs/banana.html");

print &PrintHeader;
print "<HTML><BODY>";
foreach $i (keys %in)
{
print LOG "$i = $in{$i}<br>";
print "<p>$i= $in{$i}</P>";
}
print "Your request has been successfully submitted,
thank you!<br><br>";

print LOG "<form method=\"post\"
action=\"../../cgi-bin/apple.cgi\">";
print LOG "<br>";
print LOG "Check when merged <input type=\"checkbox\"
name=\"Status\" value=\"merged\" >";
print LOG "<input type=\"submit\" value=\"submit\">";
print LOG "</form>";

print "</BODY></HTML>";

close (LOG);
#end of program

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
0
vickylorenzo

checking checkbox is checked or not using checkbox.checked
Hi,my checkbox is<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity" runat="server" Text="My own city"  OnCheckedChanged="EventHandler"/>code behind: Private Sub Chkcity_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Chkcity.CheckedChangedif (Chkcity ...............)end if End SubERROR    'EventHandler' is not a member of 'ASP.bpoaddjob_aspx'.    Please Mark the post as "ANSWER" if it helps you I think it should be like this:<asp:CheckBox ID="Chkcity"...

Check All Check Box While Check Header CheckBox
 hello...I have two grid on same page...both grid contains header checkbox and item checkbox i want that if use check header checkbox then all item check box checked,i have javascript for this functinality but problem is that when i click on header check box of first grid then checkbox of second grid also checked that i dnt want i want to perform this operation on one grid at one time.i have attache my script also...plz help me....thanks<script type="text/javascript">        function SelectAll(ID)      &nbs...

Check One CheckBox To Check All CheckBoxes
All the rows in a DataGrid, including the Header, are accompanied with a CheckBox. I want that when the CheckBox in the Header is checked, then all the CheckBoxes should automatically get checked. I set the AutoPostBack property of the CheckBox in the Header to True & am invoking a sub named CheckAllRows on the CheckedChanged event of this CheckBox. The CheckBox in the Header exists within the HeaderTemplate of a TemplateColumn in the DataGrid & the rest of the CheckBoxes reside within the ItemTemplate of the same TemplateColumn. This is the code (the ID of the CheckBox in the Header...

Check In Check Out
I have some source code that I need to modify and it was sent to me in a Registered status. Therfore, when I open any object it says " 'object name' is registered but not checked out and therefore can not be overwritten. Open anyway?" Then when I try to check it out, I get "PBNative checkout not allowed for registered objects." How can I get around this? When I look under the "Source" menu, all the items concerning registered are grayed out. TIA Option1:Copy the object(Only) to someother pbl and try . Option2:If You have any SCC Expo...

Checked=Checked
 I am dynamically writing out checkboxes on a page.  I have 2 link buttons on the page that sets a boolean variable to True or False. This boolen is set in Page_PreInit and is used to Select or Deselect all the Checkboxes as they are written out. A Select ALL, Deselect ALL type of thing. At least that is the plan. As the page is being written out I do this for each checkbox and then add it to a table cell control that it added to a table row and on. tc is the table cell.  Dim chkItem As CheckBox = New CheckBox chkItem.ID = "chkRecommend" + drMember("ID")...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Better to ask this in the source control group. Lots of posts on PBNative -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69678e.7b3a.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. ...

Check-in/Check-out
I'm having some difficulty with powerbuilder's check-in/check-out operation. When I check an object back in, the .pbl the object is being moved from is destroyed. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? Cheers, Tom Thomas F. (Tom) Massey wrote: > > I'm having some difficulty with powerbuilder's check-in/check-out > operation. When I check an object back in, the .pbl the object is > being moved from is destroyed. > > Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix? > > Cheers, > > Tom The prob...

Check in
Hi all. I am migrating from PB 7.0 to PB 10.5, After migrating my first application i am trying to work on my first window but i'am not able to find out the way to CHECK it OUT. Wher do i can find "check out/check in" functions ?? TIA Mario Parietti What source control are you using? Have you configured it? Right click on your Workspace and check the source control tab to see if you've got it set up. "Mario Parietti" <mparietti@intercad.ch> wrote in message news:451283e0$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi all. > I am migrating from PB...

Check In/Check out
I am using PowerBuilder 9. The undo check out is right next to the check in. This is a big problem! I so easy to select Undo check out and lose all of your changes. I lost 8 hours of work yesterday because of it. I know I should be more careful. However, there should be a "Are you sure" some where also. PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ This isn't the tech support line, it's an end-user forum. If you want to report a bug, use CaseXpress and either open a case or report a bug ...

Check out/check in
Hello How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Native. I don't understand what is the parameters of Source Control ? Thank you Have you looked the PB8 User's guide? Chapter 3 talks about source control. -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. <Herv� Bareth> wrote in message news:3f69ba0a.592b.846930886@sybase.com... > Hello > > How can i use the process check out/check in in PowerBuilder > 8.0.3 ? We work in network. The Source Control is PB Na...

Check to see if Checkbox is checked
  Hello All, Currently my application allows user to select the days which they worked and the days are presented in the form of checkboxes which means there are 7 checkboxes for Monday to Sunday. The problem is: I want my users to at least check one box: How do I write the code in VB.NET to ensure that at least one box is checked? I have no totally no idea at all.  Any experts care to shed some light? Thanks!Sincerely Yours, Abupapa hi,Pls go through the link below: This is a very good article.. i think this will meet your requirement.http://codeclimber.net.nz/archive/2007/0...

How to check if CheckBox is check in C#
Hi all,Please help.I have  a gridview and inside the <HeaderTemplate> I declare a checkBox as follow: <HeaderTemplate > <asp:Label ID="Label6" runat="server" Text='Code' CssClass="dirStyle1"></asp:Label>&nbsp; <asp:CheckBox ID="CheckBox1" runat="server"/> </HeaderTemplate>so let say i have a button for PostBack/Submit so how do I check if the checkbox is check?I tried ------------------------------------------------------------ CheckBox chbx = GridView1.FindControl("CheckBox1&qu...

gridview check if checkbox is checked
 I have a column with checkboxes in my gridview, I want to check each row if the checkbox was checked, if yes do something with the data of that row. How do I do that?I added the checkboxes the following way <asp:TemplateField>                                <ItemTemplate>                         &nb...

Validation to Check if checkbox is checked
Hi,Which Validation statement should i use to check whether a checkbox is checked?Thanks You can also use CustomValidator for validate if check box is checked or not. Here is the example:   <script> function checkTemp() {             if (document.getElementById("valcheckBoxTemp").checked)                         args.IsValid = true;             else ...

Web resources about - leaving the checkbox checked after it is checked - perl.beginners

Checkbox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , a checkbox ( check box , tickbox , or tick box ) is a graphical user interface element ( widget ) that permits the user to make ...

XYplorer adds flat select tool, timestamping, sticky checkbox selection and improves portable device ...
... them a date previously copied to the clipboard. sc_* - *.doc matches both files beginning sc_ and those with a .doc extension. Sticky checkbox ...

Beware of checkbox marketing!
... able to sell the product at all and the company will go out of business. (sometimes in those exact words) These are the two edges of the checkbox ...

Disable Lion’s Resume Checkbox When Shutting Down [Video How-To]
One of the most annoying features in OS X Lion for me has been the little checkbox on the shutdown dialog box that states, "Reopen windows when ...

A Checkbox On Your Tax Return Helped Kill Public Campaign Funding
You already hate tax season, and as you move wearily through the cold calculations of the 1040 form, you come across a familiar checkbox. It’s ...

Google's Clever Plan to Replace CAPTCHA With a Checkbox
CAPTCHAs are an unfortunate side effect of the internet. They're those irritating collection of numbers and letters morphed into some Surrealist ...

Great news: New EEOC checkbox category emerges
"Bow-tie'n white boys"? Hey, I tried to anticipate the next expansion in ethnic categorization yesterday with my proposal for recognition of ...

Checkbox Syndrome: Why We Spend Money on Things We Don't Need
Ever been overwhelmed by the temptation to buy the latest shiny thing because it's got another checkbox in the features column? We call this ...

Magid: Google ditching CAPTCHA for 'I'm not a robot' checkbox
We need better security, but we need to find systems that are hard for bad guys to break but easy for good folks to use. Google is one of the ...