How to unshift to an array in an array of arrays?

How to unshift to an array in an array of arrays?

0
ang

$ perl -d -e 1
  DB<1> @aoa = ([qw(foo bar baz)])     << create array of arrays

  DB<2> x @aoa
0  ARRAY(0x80f82dc)
   0  'foo'
   1  'bar'
   2  'baz'
  DB<3> unshift @{$aoa[0]}, 'qux'      << unshift to inner array

  DB<4> x @aoa
0  ARRAY(0x80f82dc)
   0  'qux'                            << there is is!
   1  'foo'
   2  'bar'
   3  'baz'
0
Bob_Showalter
8/28/2002 12:50:32 PM

That line has a syntax error. How about showing us the rest of the =
code?
Also, keep messages to the list, not private to me. Thanks.

> the array will be lost an replaced by the vlaue of $time...
>=20
> > -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
> > Von: Bob Showalter [mailto:Bob_Showalter@taylorwhite.com]
> > Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 28. August 2002 14:51
> > An: 'Angerstein'; beginners@perl.org

0
Bob_Showalter
8/28/2002 1:07:39 PM
On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Angerstein wrote:

> How to unshift to an array in an array of arrays?

Something like this
my @arr1 = (1, 2, 3);
my @arr2 = (4, 5, 6);
my @arr3 = (7, 8, 9);
my @arrofarrs;
unshift (@arrofarrs, \@arr3);
unshift (@arrofarrs, \@arr2);
unshift (@arrofarrs, \@arr1);

An array of arrays is an array of references to arrays. In effect you will
be unshifting the reference to the new array into your array of arrays.

0
sraghav

Arrays, Arrays, Arrays
I mainly come from a JScript classic ASP background and I'm liking both C#.net and JScript.net. Now I have to say... "What's happened to arrays?" They used to be so flexible and easy to use. Here are my quick questions... Am I allowed to create an array with a non specified length so that I can add to it? If not then how can I modify an array's length? Can I create an array with a named index eg myArray["apple"] = "tasty"; or is the hash table the equivalent for this now? The classic array methods and properties like pop(), push(), length etc... are ...

Concatenating arrays from arrays of arrays
Hello - I am trying to accumulate items in a flat list (array) by concatenating on to it the scalars contained in arrays which in turn are contained in arrays. The data is to be read in from a file rather than existing as literals in my code. Everything I try either crashes the computer or gives me an array of arrays instead of a flat list. I have been programming in Unicon which has a concatenate operator, but Perl makes very heavy weather of nested list management. Should I switch to Lisp, or is there a way of doing what I want to do in Perl? Regards _John Sampson_ On...

referring to an array in an array of arrays
How can I get at an array in an array of arrays? I'm creating the arrays using: $fComments[$i++] = [ @comments ]; Now I want to get back what I put in: print "$fComments[0]\n"; but this prints ARRAY(0x107671f0). How do I follow that pointer? (I really think we need a pre-beginners list... =) TIA. - B You can try something like this: print "@{$fComments[0]}\n"; Which will attempt to dereference the array at $fComments[0]. -----Original Message----- From: Bryan R Harris [mailto:Bryan_R_Harris@raytheon.com] Sent: Tue...

Array of arrays
Hi I'm trying to return from a web service a array of arrays, one of the arrays is a array of objects, which I tested separately and it's working fine, and another array of integer and another of strings. When I run the web service I got this:You must implement a default accessor on System.Array because it inherits from ICollectionDefault accessor what that means? Thank you very much.  As Heinlein said "specialization is for insects" explore beyond the universe. Could you pls post the relevant code ? hi rushan thank you for the reply the code is here:  ...

array of arrays
Hi, I have a simple question: how do I access an array in an array? @array = (@array1, array2); ### unless this is wrong... the idea behind it is, that I have a long list, and want to put all 25 entries in a seperate array in that big array. later on I want to be able to read one specific array at a certain position... -- cheers alex mailto:Keex@gmx.de you need to learn about references. read the: perldoc perllol here is the jist though. @all = (\@array1, \@array2 ... ); # ... so on to access first array and first element...

Array of Array.
How is possible to declare a DYNAMIC array of array ? I need something like a dynamic hash table whose pages grow up dynamically too (each one can have different number of elements). In other words, a matrix that can be dynamic in both dimension. example: [1,2,3...] [3,4..] [5] [6,7,8,9...] [.] .. .. .. Have you considered using a DataStore? -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com "Marco Meoni - News" <mmeoni@usl4.toscana.it> wrote in message news:401ba036$1@forums-2-dub... > How ...

[@array] and \@array
Given the case, my @array = (1,2,3,4); my $var1 = [@array]; my $var2 = \@array; What's the difference between $var1 and $var2? Are they all refered to @array? Thanks guys. On 3/22/07, Jm lists <practicalperl@gmail.com> wrote: > Given the case, > > my @array = (1,2,3,4); > my $var1 = [@array]; > my $var2 = \@array; > > What's the difference between $var1 and $var2? > Are they all refered to @array? > Thanks guys. $var2 is a reference to @array. $var1 is a reference to new array. Observe #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use war...

An array of arrays
Could anybody help me out here? Here's the message I just got from a guy I know: ----------- I was wondering if you know how to create and access an array of arrays in Perl. Basically I'm parsing an exported text file containing e-mails and I think I want to move some fields into arrays until I'm ready to do my report. Here basically is what I'm looking at doing: ^ | | Array 1 (messages) | | v <------ Array 2 -------> (message fields:FROM, TO, CC, etc, sensitivity, etc) I want to be able to search through the first array to count how many messag...

Array of Arrays
Hi, I am looking for a way to create an array of arrays which needs to be passed to Oracle database to minimize the round trips to hte server. I was successful in sending simple arrays so far but no idea on how to create array of arrays in PB. I have used structures to simulate this but looks like I can't send the PB structure to Oracle. Anyone has any suggestions? Thanks, Anil PB 11 or 12 I believe will have this native. <Anil> wrote in message news:422789a4.721c.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > > I am looking for a way to create an array of ar...

array of arrays
Hi. =20 Im using a multidimensional array in the following way: $array[$i][$j][$k] =3D [ @list ]; where, @list is a 2-D array ie. = $list[][]. How do I access the individual elements of the array @list once Ive put it = into the array @array? Thanks. -ty On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 02:28:41PM -0600, Tyler Cruickshank wrote: > $array[$i][$j][$k] = [ @list ]; where, @list is a 2-D array ie. $list[][]. > > How do I access the individual elements of the array @list once Ive put it > into the array @array? $array[$i][$j][$k][$l][$m] eq $list[$l][$m] Howev...

Array of Arrays
Hi, I am looking for a way to create an array of arrays which needs to be passed to Oracle database to minimize the round trips to hte server. I was successful in sending simple arrays so far but no idea on how to create array of arrays in PB. I have used structures to simulate this but looks like I can't send the structure to Oracle. Anyone has any suggestions? Thanks, Anil Please don't cross-post. On 3 Mar 2005 14:02:47 -0800, Anil wrote: >Hi, > >I am looking for a way to create an array of arrays which >needs to be passed to Oracle database t...

extracting elements from arrays of arrays of arrays ;-)
Hiya All, I hope you'll forgive this oo perl rookie for asking a routine question. I'm not new to perl, but the bioperl module I'm working on is giving me a headache! ;-) Let's say I have this: my @array = qw(12 56 41 23); my $array_ref = \@array; # where $var1, $var2, and $var3 are other array references. my $ref = [$var1, $var2, $array_ref, $var3 ]; my @object = (); push @object, $ref; QUESTION: How do I obtain the array $array_ref refers to in this situtation? Let's say I want to give @new the values in @array. Thank many thanks for you...

Confusion on @array vs $array[] vs $array
--=_FCA3CF00.8EEF86D1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hello: I have been fairly confused on the intermixing of array naming standards. If I understand correctly, the @array syntaxt is used to refer to the whole array, while $array[n] is refered to specific elements. In my thinking, it would have been less confusing to use @array[n] to address specific elements, but Perl complaines bitterly when warnings &/or strict is enabled. Is the rational for the "$"array[] character for identifying ...

Array of Array of Const
Hi, I'm using D7. type TSQLParamMArray = Array of Array of TVarRec; I would like to use the Format function that allows me to resolve the query parameters, and then run the script. But Delphi quite don't understand what I want to do :-) Script.Add( format( SQLExpr[i] , SQLParams[i] ); If SQLParams is a TSQLParamMArray , then SQLParams[i] is an array of TVarRec. Should'nt I be able to use an Array of TVarRec with Format? How should I declare TSQLParamMArray in order to use Format? TIA, Clément Clement Doss wrote: > If SQLParams is a TSQL...

Web resources about - How to unshift to an array in an array of arrays? - perl.beginners

splice() can be used to push(), pop(), shift() and unshift() and more
... asked me today about Perl array operations and it turned out he didn't know that all basic array operations, such as push , pop , shift , unshift ...

Queue (abstract data type) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
/ ˈ k juː / KEW ) is a particular kind of abstract data type or collection in which the entities in the collection are kept in order and the ...

Perl and Python influences in JavaScript
②ality – JavaScript and more Pages Home About Subscribe Advertise Free ES5 book Free ES6 book 2013-02-24 Perl and Python influences in JavaScript ...

What's New - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3) API Reference
ActionScript ® 3.0 Reference for the Adobe ® Flash ® Platform Home - Show Packages and Classes List Hide Packages and Classes List - Packages ...

Opera: ECMAScript support in Opera Presto 2.3
ECMAScript support in Opera Presto 2.3

unfold.rb
# # # see Really simple anamorphisms in Ruby: # http://weblog.raganwald.com/2007/11/really-simple-anamorphisms-in-ruby.html , and: # # Really ...

javascript笔试题(含答案)
以下关于Array数组对象的说法不正确的是 A. 对数组里数据的排序可以用sort函数,如果排序效果非预期,可以给sort函数加一个排序函数的参数

How To Build A Ruby Gem With Bundler, Test-Driven Development, Travis CI And Coveralls, Oh My!
... that our gem will need to run (both development and production dependencies). For now, note the following details: $LOAD_PATH.unshift(lib) ...

Opening up a CSV file in AS3
This is going to be a simple post, based on a request, and it’s all about CSV files. Comma seperated value files are exactly what they sound ...

JavaScript Built-in Functions
Javascript Built-in Functions - Learning Javascript in simple and easy steps. A beginner's tutorial containing complete knowledge of Javascript ...