How to find the status, i.e. "next run time" and "last run time", of a task which is run through windows task scheduler !

--00c09f93d7653439de0488814544

Hi all,

I want to know how to find the status, i.e. "next run time" and "last run
time", of a task which is run through windows task scheduler.

This is required so as to find out instances where a task gets "hanged"
after run through windows task scheduler.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Saxena

--00c09f93d7653439de0488814544--
0
learn

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 05:18, Amit Saxena <learn.tech123@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to know how to find the status, i.e. "next run time" and "last run
> time", of a task which is run through windows task scheduler.
>
> This is required so as to find out instances where a task gets "hanged"
> after run through windows task scheduler.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Amit Saxena

Take a look at [Win32::TaskScheduler's] [GetNextRunTime][2] and
[GetMostRecentRunTime][3].

If I understand your problem, the UNIXy solution is to create a pid
file (a file that contains the process id of the program) when you
start and remove it when you end.  If a pid file exists when you
start, that means that the lsat process either died prematurely and
needs to be cleaned up after or it is still running.

[1] : http://search.cpan.org/dist/Win32-TaskScheduler/TaskScheduler.pm
[2] : http://tinyurl.com/25rrwcr
[3] : http://tinyurl.com/2b5vtwm

--
Chas. Owens
wonkden.net
On Jun 8, 2:18=A0am, learn.tech...@gmail.com (Amit Saxena) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to know how to find the status, i.e. "next run time" and "last run
> time", of a task which is run through windows task scheduler.
>
> This is required so as to find out instances where a task gets "hanged"
> after run through windows task scheduler.

Another approach would be separate daemon program
that'd read a config file of tasks to watch and monitor
the process table for them.

Win32::Process::Info  might be useful.

--
Charles DeRykus

0
derykus

Junk Status: "Runs" of mesages with "Unknown" status
Currently using Mozilla 1.7.8, but I've seen this in previous versions as well: Sometimes when I get new messages, every one of them will have its Junk Status left as "unknown" ("?" in that column). It is as though Mozilla doesn't always compare new messages against its database. Has anybody else seen this? Any suggestions? Perce Sir: Percival P. Cassidy wrote: > Currently using Mozilla 1.7.8, but I've seen this in previous versions > as well: > > Sometimes when I get new messages, every one of them will have its Junk >...

Sometimes "~/" and other times "../" Why?
VWD 2008 Express.  Visual Basic. I have found that sometimes when I reference files (in aspx pages or vb pages) on the site from within subfolders, all I have to do to designate the path is say, "~/images/test.jpg" which I assume says "Go to the root directory, then to the images folder."  Other times I have to use "../images/test.jpg" to make it work (go up one level from this subfolder, then got to the images subfolder."  Why doesn't the "~/" convention work all the time?  Thanks for the help.Dr. Douglas PruiettGood News...

"build" & "run" commands
Hello I am a DBA in SQL Server area, pls let me know if the next command can be done in Sybase 12.5 : declare @cmd varchar(200), @name varchar(50) set @name = 'sysobjects' -- or other table, just for example set @cmd = 'select * from ' + @name + 'order by 1' exec (@cmd) Thank you, Victor yest that will work "Victor Shahar" <viktorsh@netvision.net.il> wrote in message news:3fec14d2@forums-1-dub... > Hello > > I am a DBA in SQL Server area, pls let me know if th...

RUle that only runs after "Synchronize" or "Migrate into"
Implemented universal password in the IDvault and created eDir-eDir connection to the LAN directory. Also implemented UP in the LAN directory. We now want to bulk-add all users to the LAN directory. (Although I use IDvault here, this actually is a LAN directory also where users use Novell client to login to) What is the best way to do this? I have a create policy in the eDir-eDir driver that the user is not added to the LAN directory if the password is not available (so users vannot login into the LAN directory). Since most users not yet have set their (Universal password) I cann...

"Quick find" should have "Next" and "Previous" options
Name: Jani Petajasuo Email: janidotpetajasuoatgmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: "Quick find" should have "Next" and "Previous" options Comments: The "quick find" (Start finding as you type) feature in Firefox is great! But in 2.0 Firefox there's not anymore possibility to use "Next" and "Previous", but you need to use ctrl+F to launch the actual "find" application. This is not very convenient and I don't understand why it was removed. I'm sure there's a good reason, but I think you should g...

"Next" and "Previous" buttons on "Find" are backwards
Name: Carl J. Stoneham Email: CarlJStonehamatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: "Next" and "Previous" buttons on "Find" are backwards Comments: If "next" is similar to "forward" it should be on the right. Currently, the find buttons are "Next | Previous." This is VERY counter-intuitive. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051202 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Why no "Run" button preceding "Search" btn
Hi All, I'm just starting to use SeaMonkey 1.1.4. I miss the "Go to the address ..." button that Firefox 1.x and 2.x offers. Does SM offer a similar function as an option? Thanks in Advance, Richard On Aug 28, 10:50 am, RichardOnRails2 <RichardLMul...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I'm just starting to use SeaMonkey 1.1.4. I miss the "Go to the > address ..." button that Firefox 1.x and 2.x offers. Does SM offer a > similar function as an option? > > Thanks in Advance, > Richard I meant to mention that IE of...

"File Open" and "Run" with PB8 in Win98
Hi all, 1. I found that following statement works fine in PB8 with Win 2000 but cannot work (the file cannot be created, "C:\TEMP123.DAT" is a new file, ) in PB8 with Win98. li_errorlog = FileOpen("C:\TEMP123.DAT", LineMode!, write!, LockReadWrite!, append!) 2. I used 'Run' command to call a dos(.bat file), in PB8 with Win 2000, it works fine (can close the dos prompt after completion) but in in PB8 with Win 98, the dos prompt window cannot be closed even finish the job. Is there anyone can help on above issues? KW ---== Posted via the PFCGui...

needs "New Task" default to "Posted Task"
Hi, is it possible to configure the "New Task" button that it defaults to "Posted Task" and not to "New Task" ? I have an customer that only needs a "Posted Task" and want to change the behavior of this button. Thanks in Advance, Walter No way I've ever found Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

"No Time" or "All Day" events
Is there a way to set an appointment as an "all-day" event, with no time specified? For example, holidays, vacations, trips, etc? When set as regular appointments, you only see the start time and the subject line. I'm spoiled by having used my Palm Desktop for so long. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Michael mseaver@methodisthospitals.org We use reminder notes for just such things. -- Thank you, Jeff Bowen <mseaver@methodisthospitals.org> wrote in message news:K0V1e.4146$LF2.1820@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Is there a way t...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

for the 2nd time running firefox 3 beta turned unresponsive when pressing the "Command+Q" keys while running Mac
Name: abel jayasingh Email: abelusfatgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: for the 2nd time running firefox 3 beta turned unresponsive when pressing the "Command+Q" keys while running Mac Comments: "Think this will happen everytime" for the 2nd time:firefox 3 beta turned unresponsive when pressing the "Command+Q" keys while running Mac Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121014 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

Web resources about - How to find the status, i.e. "next run time" and "last run time", of a task which is run through windows task scheduler ! - perl.beginners