How can I send an HTML format email using send mail

Does anyone know how to send an HTML formatted email using sendmail.  I can
send plain text email OK.  If I format the message using HTML the message
shows the HTML tags.  I can't find any information regarding this on cpan.
Are there any other modules that have this capability?  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Jeff

0
webmaster

I've sent you a private message with a script.  I didn't think it would be
appropriate to post that much code to the list.

Agustin Rivera
Webmaster, Pollstar.com
http://www.pollstar.com

> Does anyone know how to send an HTML formatted email using sendmail.  I
can
> send plain text email OK.  If I format the message using HTML the message
> shows the HTML tags.  I can't find any information regarding this on cpan.
> Are there any other modules that have this capability?  Any help is
greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Jeff
>

> --

eleqtriq
12/17/2001 5:50:32 PM
From:           	"jeff" <webmaster@realestatece.com>

> Does anyone know how to send an HTML formatted email using sendmail.
> I can send plain text email OK.  If I format the message using HTML
> the message shows the HTML tags.  I can't find any information
> regarding this on cpan. Are there any other modules that have this
> capability?  Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Jeff

Try MIME-lite or Mail::Sender.
Both on CPAN.

Jenda

=========== Jenda@Krynicky.cz == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain.
I can't find it.
					--- me
0
Jenda
12/17/2001 6:38:28 PM
You have to make sure to include the appropriate content type.

open (MAIL, "|/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -oi") || die "Can't fork for
sendmail:$!\n";
print MAIL <<EOF;
From: from_email_address
To: to_email_address
Subject: subject\n\n
_data_to_be_sent_
EOF
close(MAIL) || warn "sendmail didn't close nicely\n";

Scott Lutz
technical support
Pacific Online
http://www.paconline.net

Does anyone know how to send an HTML formatted email using sendmail.  I
can
send plain text email OK.  If I format the message using HTML the
message
shows the HTML tags.  I can't find any information regarding this on
cpan.
Are there any other modules that have this capability?  Any help is
greatly
appreciated.

Jeff

--=20

slutz
12/17/2001 8:29:59 PM
"jeff" <webmaster@realestatece.com> writes:

> Does anyone know how to send an HTML formatted email using sendmail.  I can
> send plain text email OK.  If I format the message using HTML the message
> shows the HTML tags.  I can't find any information regarding this on cpan.
> Are there any other modules that have this capability?  Any help is greatly
> appreciated.

There are lots of folks that prefer text mai.  Please
consider them when you impose HTML on them.

As a buddy of mine said:

        ASCII is God's Language
                -- John Rako

Thanks for your compatability,
Michael

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!

0
MichaelRunningWolf
12/18/2001 3:55:14 AM
Hello all,
    I am working within a small network (10 computers).  I am trying to
create a form that people can access through the f: (global drive).  They
will fill in this form, and the results will be processed by my script, and
emailed to me.  I have installed activeperl in the f drivebut I cannot seem
to get any scripts to run in the intranet...any suggestions?  We are running
Netware 4.11 as the server.
0
czampese
12/18/2001 12:50:38 PM
Be nice to those who choose not to receive html mail:

From: from_email_address
To: to_email_address
Subject: subject here
Date: date here

------_=3D_NextPart
plain text here

------_=3D_NextPart
=09

HTML mail here

------_=3D_NextPart--
EOF
close(MAIL) || warn "sendmail didn't close nicely\n";

Does anyone know how to send an HTML formatted email using sendmail.  I
can
send plain text email OK.  If I format the message using HTML the
message
shows the HTML tags.  I can't find any information regarding this on
cpan.
Are there any other modules that have this capability?  Any help is
greatly
appreciated.

Jeff

--=20

--=20

mgargiullo
12/18/2001 2:42:57 PM
"Mike Gargiullo" <mgargiullo@infinityadventures.com> writes:

> open (MAIL, "|/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -oi") || die "Can't fork for
> sendmail:$!\n";
> print MAIL <<EOF;
> From: from_email_address
> To: to_email_address
> Subject: subject here
> Date: date here
>
> ------_=_NextPart
> plain text here

Thanks for providing the skeleton for OP to be
text-friendly.

Is there a html2text script that can be used to prevent the
writer from creating 2 versions?  This reeks of maintenance
headaches.

> ------_=_NextPart

> HTML mail here

> ------_=_NextPart--
> EOF
> close(MAIL) || warn "sendmail didn't close nicely\n";

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!
       MichaelRunningWolf@att.net

0
MichaelRunningWolf

Why do Sending SMTP Authenticated E-mail succeed using SmtpMail.Send() function but fail using SmtpClient.send() function ? Bugs in System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail?
I click btnOK button, the email can send OK, but click btnFail button,  the following error is displayed! why ? you can test the section code. The SMTP, username, password are valid!  Many thanks! "Syntax error, command unrecognized. The server response was: authentication failed,decode user password error" I have tested some other SMTP, somes is OK. I think there are some bugs with System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail with some SMTP!   //------------------------------------------.ASPX Code----------------------------------------...

why i can`t send mail using SmtpMail.Send?
hi all: i have a problem that.. i can`t use SmtpMail.Send() in ASP.NET`s webform... but i can easily send in Console Application using the same method... the exeception is "The 'SendUsing' configuration value is invalid" and if i setup the SmtpServer as "localhost".. the exception will be "the server denied one or more address:Unable to relay for XXX@XXX.com" why..? i really need someone can help me~~~ Have you configured your SMTP Server to allow the machine that is running that app to relay mail through it. If not, go to the...

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

How can I send an HTML format eMail?
I'm using Thunderbird 2.0.0.16 along with Firefox 3.0.1 I know that, forgive me for this, with IE one can click on "Send page as eMail" and the recipient will receive the page as the eMail without the necessity of opening a file. For instance, I want to make an html page. Then incorporate it into an eMail as the eMail itself. We wanting to send html format eMails out to people on our mailing list for people on our mailing list for our music group. When they open the eMail they should immediately see the latest information and schedule for the group in h...

Sending Email using HTML file as Emailbody using Net.Mail.MailMessage... Please help
Hi all I can send emails with text or html emailbody using asp.net, but cannot find any method or example so far on the web to show how to use an html file as an emailbody. I have tried everything. I know how to do it with the old asp. I have created a html document for example newsletter.html. I want this document to be in the email body when the client opens the email. It must not load from another url. I suppose what i want to do is embed it into the email.Any help or examples will be appreciated as this is quite urgent for me to implement it for my client.  This is the code im ...

About: how can i send a MIME(Text und Html Format) Mail by System.Net.Mail und .Net 2.0
Helle to all, I hope that someone can help me. I need to implement a programm to send newsletters. The newsletter Format can be Html, Text and MIME(Html and Text). when using CDONTS library man can set MailFormat = MIME. But i use System.Net.Mail and there are only text or html Format. Can someone tell me how can i use System.Net.Mail to send a MIME Mail? Thanks Best Regards Pinsha perhaps this link can help:  http://systemnetmail.com/faq/3.1.3.aspxIn this world there are 10 types of people, those that know binary and those who don't....

How can i send email using HTML Template
can Anybody tell me how can i send email using a html file as template? example in html file:Hi <%UsrName%>,<br /> welcome to <%SiteName%>. Your Email address is: <%Email%>   Hi, You may get help from here, http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/SendMailSMTPWebConfig.aspMehedi HasanMark as answer if the post meets your requirement! Hi M A A Mehedi Hasan Thx for help. i read article  you gave to me, but that's not what i want. i want a single HTML file as a template. Any ideas? Hi sdevil, can you try javascript send mail? like this : <a h...

How can i send email using HTML File as Template?

How to send mail in HTML Format using lotus notes?
Hi, I am trying to send mail through lotus notes using given code. I have to send "Body" text in HTML Format because I have to send it properly formatted. Can someone tell me How can I send Body text in HTML format using lotus notes ? Here is my function. Thanks in advance ##################################################################################################################Private Function SendNotes(ByVal lotusPSW As String, ByVal senderEmail As String, ByVal replyToEmail As String, _ ByVal sendToList As String(), ByVal ccList As String(), ByVal bccList As Strin...

mail.html.tmpl (German) are not used, when Bugzilla send Emails
in my Installation are not used the "mail.html.tmpl" in German (Germzilla 2.22), when Bugzilla sends me an Email with my planned Queries. What can i do? Thanx ...

complex error sending HTML email using system.web.mail
I am getting following error while trying to send HTML email trough my vb.net code(I am using system.web.mail). I have mailenable enterprise edition installed on my server. I have vb.net window application which can successfully send HTML emails for most of the emails. But for some emails only i am getting following exception.Exception : Unknown ErrorStack Trace : at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.LateBoundAccessHelper.SetProp(Object obj, String propName, Object propValue)   at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message)   at System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(Ma...

Sending HTML Email Using EMAIL::MIME::CreateHTML
------_=_NextPart_001_01C7D5F2.CEEC49EF Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using the Email::MIME:CreateHTML module to send html formatted emails. It all works fine until I try to change the "To" line to a scalar so that I can mass mail to different individuals. Has anyone used this module in a manner like this before? Thanks, my $email =3D travis_hervey@georgetowncollege.edu; while(<DAT>) { $line =3D TRIM($_); $html =3D $html . $_; if($line eq "</b...

Sending Email through System.Net.Mail is generating errors "Failure Sending mail
hi Sending Email through System.Web.Mail is working fine but System.Net.Mail is generating errors "Failure Sending mail  i treid in all possible ways but did't  pls help in giving a solution thanks & Regards vittal Maybe you can show us some code and post the exact error mesg as well (by looking at the value in ex.tostring)?My HomePage - www.findingsteve.net"It is more blessed to give than to receive." Acts 20: 35 (NIV, Bible)Progress - "Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow." Plato System.Web.Ma...

Use Aspnet To build a Html-Webpage to send to Email acct At yahoo but <a href=> can not display as link
Hi, I use aspnet to build a Html webpage and send it to Email acct at yahoo by email.  1)when I opne this email in Mobile Web portal :  Http://wap.yahoo.com   or  MSN : http://mobile.msn.com when open in above Mobile Web Portal ,  the <a href=""> in email can not be displayed as a link but displayed as a test..!  2) When open the email in Normal Web portal Like : http://www.yahoo.com  or Http://www.hotmail.com the <a href="">   it will be DISPLAYED as LINK...! Does anyone know why? Below is my code. Dim StrHtml As Str...

Web resources about - How can I send an HTML format email using send mail - perl.beginners

Format - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IGA unveils new store format in bid to save the business
IN-HOUSE baristas, a gourmet “cheese master”, even a perfume counter. This is the future for IGA, and it’s pretty swanky — but is it enough to ...

How Twitter's New Ad Format Will Get People Tweeting About Its Advertisers
... and now Twitter has come up with a new attempt to get those people talking about the company's advertisers. Twitter is testing an ad format ...

Once again, Apple is said to be developing high-res audio formats
Apple is, and not for the first time, either, rumored to be developing its own “higher-quality” formats for audio streaming, according to a report ...

AHL revamps their All-Star Game format, is it better than the NHL’s?
When talking about an exhibition game, you need to take any and all seriousness out of the tone you may be carrying. The All-Star Game is something ...

Lowlife Restaurant Review: When Great Food and Format Disagree - Bloomberg Business
Lowlife on the Lower East Side moves effortlessly from borscht to yakitori, though format sometimes gets in the way,

The CW Buys ‘No Tomorrow’ Romantic Comedy Based On Brazilian Format From Corinne Brinkerhoff & Ben Silverman ...
... for No Tomorrow , another hourlong comedy for the CW from CBS TV Studios and Electus. Like Jane, No Tomorrow is based on a Latin American format, ...

Kitase speaks about Final Fantasy VII Remake's 'multi-part' format
Last weekend, at PlayStation Experience, Square Enix showed the first gameplay for the Final Fantasy VII Remake , and (according to our comments) ...

Worldwide large format printer shipments slip again in the 3Q15, says IDC
According to new data from the International Data Corporation (IDC ), large format printer (LFP) shipments declined 4% when compared to the third ...

Phase One launches a true 100MP medium format camera
Taking medium format photos above 60 megapixels has typically required some trickery, like shooting multiple pictures at a time. However, you ...