error after error

Hello, All
I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand.
Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error?

The first error states:  unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with
future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6.

after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states:

syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require"
Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors.

Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl
                             # NEWPACKAGE.pl

package NEWPACKAGE
sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n"}
sub printing2 {print "duh duh duh.\n"}
sub printing3 {print "duh duh duhl.\n"}
return 1;

Heres the second script:   # Creating a New Perl script that utilizes
NEWPACAKGE subroutines
                                    # Need to Tell Perl to include
NEWPACKAGE
                                    use warnings;

subroutines
require 'NEWPACKAGE.pl';
print "duh duh duh...:\n";
NEWPACKAGE::printing1();
NEWPACKAGE::printing2();
NEWPACKAGE::printing3();
# End
print "Press <ENTER> to continue...";
<>
Thanks so much for your Help!

-1
puppetmyst

On 7/1/06, Ryan Dillinger <puppetmyst@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The first error states:  unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with
> future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6.

That is because perl doesn't know what "subroutines" means, at that
point in your program. The message is suggesting that you use quotes,
in case you meant it to be a string.

> package NEWPACKAGE

I think you need a semicolon after that line. Also, either NewPackage
or New_Package is probably easier to read than NEWPACKAGE.

>                                     use warnings;
>
> subroutines
> require 'NEWPACKAGE.pl';

Is the word "subroutines" intended to be a comment? I can't see any
other reason for it to be there.

Hope this helps!

--Tom Phoenix
Stonehenge Perl Training
-1
tom

errors errors errors..

Error, Error and more errors

error error error

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

CIFs Error: Storage Error Unknown error with error code: -602
Server was an Identity Migration target (source single server tree nw6sp5/edir8737/gw8hp1 to oes2sp1x64+latest patches), but I have been having problems with getting cifs to work since the migration. Whenever I go into iManager, file protocols, cifs & try to make any change other than stopping/starting the service I get the error in the subject (even to change something simple like the comment). Other oddities I noticed since the actual IM swap that somehow might have something to do with this: users arent LUM enabled or so it seems the afpProxyUser- & cifsProxyUser- both...

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module
Hi! I have this error when trying to build a project of mine, using XE2 Update4: {code} [ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unable to perform link {code} The project uses some source files from another project that is maintained by a different developer. Since I did an update on those files, I get this message. Whenever I restore the files, build is successful, so it is pretty obvious that something changed in those files that makes linking unsuccessful. But how can I track down which file is the one (out from around 100)? Regarding to the he...

Build errors message but no errors in Error List
I am using VB.Net in Visual Web Developer Express. When I press F5 to run my application I get the 'There were build errors. Wouild you like to continue and run the last successful build?' message. I select 'No', and,  if the Error List window was shut it opens, but there are no errors listed in it. I'm sure this has worked before. Is there another way of finding errors? According to Help | About I am using version 8.0.50727.42. Thanks for any help.  One of the things with the error window is you can selectively display errors, warnings and messages.  I...

Parser error or Dataset Error or Namespace Error
I am new to ASP.NET and I am currently learning to use the VS 2005 Express tools. I've been able to get along smoothly for sometime; getting bugs and resolving them from your very valuable posts in this forum. Now I have a problem that I have no idea where to begin to resolve the problem. It appears to be a Parser Error, but then when I try to view my pages, I get a lot of other apparently related errors. I am suspecting that I have, one way or the other, messed up my dataset schema definition. The strange thing about this error is that I cannot open any other pages anymore. Even those simp...

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external -- Error message
I have a VCL component compiled using Delphi 2010. This VCL component accesses functions in an external DLL. When I try to use this component in C++ Builder 2010, I get the error message below when compiling: [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'PdacOpenDatabase' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\PERVASIVE SOFTWARE\PSQL\SDK\PDAC\DELPHI2010\LIB\PB200R2010.LIB|btvtables This only occurs when "Build with runtime packages" is unchecked and only within C++ Builder. If I compile the same basic program in Delphi, it works using runtime packages or not. Any id...

COMPILE ERROR
Hi, I've been struggeling with this problem for some days now :( I truely hope that someone can help out! This is the erorr I get when I try to compile a project for a Pocket PC 2002 (wince 3.0) with eVC++ C:\Tutorial\TestProject2\customer.cpp(10) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Sqlca' C:\Tutorial\TestProject2\customer.cpp(10) : error C2501: 'UlSqlca' : missing storage-class or type specifiers C:\Tutorial\TestProject2\customer.cpp(10) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found This is wha...

Error: Communication Error
Hi all, I am using UltraLite to develope a handheld device application using PocketPC2002 emulator. I don't know the version of UL I am using but I know the SQL Anywhere it shipped with is 9. Here is my problem. When I do sync against a consolidated SQL server, where I have no upload script, just down_cursor download script. When it sync, the log file on the server showed that 12 rows (in my case ) for a table is being and successfully downloaded to the remote database. However, right after it synced, an exception as shown in the subject is displayed. And the table which syn...

First Build Error: Server Error: Parse Error
I'm new to DotNetNuke and trying to get my first DotNetNuke Site up and running.  I downloaded 3.1.1 and got it installed and working - was able to use the site and make portals and modifications.  I then went and opened the source code as I wanted to try and create a new module.  I had a couple reference errors (CountryListBox, DotNetNuke.WebControls, DotNetNuke.WebUtility) that I cleared up by removing and re-adding them (based on another forum message).  Now the code builds correctly (still no modifications by me, I have not changed anything at this point), but when I ...

Web resources about - error after error - perl.beginners

Pilot error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pilot error (sometimes called cockpit error ) is a term used to describe the cause of an accident involving an airworthy aircraft where the pilot ...

ABC News Breakfast co-host Emma Alberici makes mad witch error on live TV
IT’S the Turnbull government’s latest political controversy that’s got Australia talking — and it left ABC’s Emma Alberici tongue-tied.

Disappointment after Victoria University withdraws offer due to 'error'
A would-be-nurse says she has been left feeling humiliated after Victoria University withdrew an offer for a place in an undergraduate degree ...

Google translated Russia to 'Mordor' in 'automated' error
Google releases a statement after one of its online tools translated "Russian Federation" to "Mordor".

How to fix error 0xc0000017 when installing Windows 10
... ordinary with this computer. I was wrong. Initially I left Windows Update to do its thing, but this failed on countless occasions. The error ...

Google Translate ‘technical error’ labels Russia as evil kingdom of ‘Mordor’
... of the Rings’ fiery, evil kingdom of Mordor, and its foreign minister is a “sad little horse,” according to a Google Translate “technical error” ...

Government "Processing Error" Sinks Housing Reports for Entire Year; Where to From Here?
Huge "Processing Error" in Government Housing Data When I saw some of the upwardly revised GDP estimates in 2015 I thought they were too good ...

RANKED: The best and most ridiculous 404 error pages on presidential campaign websites
... machine gun . That may seem a tad unusual, but it's become commonplace this campaign season for candidates to put together priceless 404 error ...

Avoiding errors and issues at the hospital - Videos - CBS News
More than 35 million Americans a year spend at least one night in a hospital, and the system may seem complicated to navigate. Dr. Tara Narula ...

US sailors made 'navigational error' : Pentagon
The 10 U.S. sailors held by Iran before being released on Wednesday made a navigational mistake, the U.S. military said on Thursday.