Connecting through ODBC

I'm trying to connect to an apache server using ODBC within perl
express. I already tested connecting through excel.
I was wondering if anyone has a snippet of code I could use to test the
connecting through perl express. My guess
I also need to download the dbi module.

Sean
0
Sean

Sugrue, Sean wrote:

> I'm trying to connect to an apache server using ODBC within perl
> express. I already tested connecting through excel. I was wondering
> if anyone has a snippet of code I could use to test the connecting
> through perl express. My guess I also need to download the dbi
> module.

Erm, Apache isn't a database server! Or am I missing something? What exactly
is it you want to do?

Rob
0
rob

ODBC error:[Sybase][ODBC Driver] Connection not open:not connected to SQL database
Aloha, Have you come across this error before? Is it a Sybase error or a Crystal Reports error? Any clues? Mahalo, Lydia Villanueva Management Information Systems Grand Wailea Resort, Hotel & Spa It looks like you are attempting to communicate over a connection that has not been established or has been severed. Have you got any additional information? -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, Inc. Houston, TX See you at the Powersoft User Conference in August - http://www.sybase.com/events/psuc98 ...

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

Setting up ODBC connection on Linux for using DBD::ODBC
--_000_E3137F97B0A0804194F369F4E7C3B71927B947875EEXCHANGEpersi_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I have been working on Windows with Oracle DB and Active Perl and done some= DBI coding with DBD::ODBC. Now I need to move things over to Linux machine ( Red Hat Linux 4 and Oracl= e 10g.) I know this is not really a DBI question, but I thought I can get good help= here, Can someone please tell me how I set up ODBC on Linux or point me to website= s explaining this. Thanks a lot, DB DISCLAIMER=0A= =3D=3D...

ODBC cannot connect
Hi, I am trying to connect to ASA 6.0.4 ebf 3795 from W2k SP2 over Dial-up network and through a router. All works fine if I use Sybase Central but ODBC gives different error messages when testing the connection depending on having given PORT and/or UseUDP=NO parameters. The connection worked earlier when I used NT4.0. I have read those articles about the subject in Sybase site but could not solve the problem. Any ideas?? Rgs. Pauli Sammalisto ...

ODBC connectivity
hi all, Anybody knows whehter ASA6.0 ODBC driver is compatible with Win98(Chinese version)? Coz I cant connect thr win98(chin) but works in win98(eng).\ If no, where can I find the updated ODBC ? Thx! Yes, it should work without problems. What problems/error messages are you seeing? -- Jason Hinsperger International and Sustaining Engineering iAnywhere Solutions "DH" <dickman@phphk.com.hk> wrote in message news:9P#4AQuMCHA.349@forums.sybase.com... > hi all, > > Anybody knows whehter ASA6.0 ODBC driver is compatible with Win98(Chinese &...

not connected when I am connected

Connecting to the wrong Sybase server via Windows ODBC connection
i'm a sql server admin and not a Sybase admin and looking for help. My company has 5 Sybase servers running a VOIP application on a separate network that is firewalled from the rest of the corporate network. They are named 1-5. On the corporate IT side we run a mix of SQL 2000 and 2005 and import some data from these sybase servers as read only copies. I think they are running Sybase 9, but not 100% sure. #1 has been importing OK for a few years. 2-5 we have been importing for only the last 2 years with 5 being added in the last few months. The import destination is 1 SQ...

Connect ODBC
Hi all, When I try to connect to a SQL anywhere 10 database through ODBC with the instruction Connect using SQLCA; If the user and password supplied by the user in the script are not correct then the client Library Login dialog box displays to prompt for the missing or wrong information. Is any way to avoid that? I just want that my program asks 3 times for the correct user and password and then quit. Thanks a lot. Lookup ConnectOption in the PB help file. You'll want the option SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT. <Manel> wrote in message news:486ebc1b.2afd.1681692777@syb...

ODBC Connectivity
Hi, Here in one of our application we are using following configuration 1. Server Dtls : Sybase 12.5 ASE Server 64 bit 2. GUI Language : VB6 3. Connectivity : through ODBC ( DSN connection) 4. OS: Compaq Tru 64 Digital Unix version 5.1A We have VB Application which connects to ASE through ODBC Driver. But the its working slow . Is there any other way to connect ASE without the help of ODBC driver. regards Subhadip Basu DBA Usha Martin Telecom (A Hutchison Telekom JV) I do not think there is other way, but using the old DB-library. That's the price yo...

ODBC Connection
Will I be able to access a Centura SQLBase database via ODBC in the next release of PocketBuilder? I have an application that I need to pull information from an existing database realtime. I know I can do this right now by setting up a web server and accessing it through an HTML page, but I would like to make it more robust and use PocketBuilder if possible. TIA, Wayne PPB 2.0 will include ADOce support, so you should be able to connect to your SQLBase db. Berndt On 9 Jan 2004 10:48:49 -0800, in sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder <Wayne> wrote: >Will I be able...

PowerDynamo and Open Client connections vs ODBC connections
Lance, Carson and Larry - Based upon a previous thread I posted regarding ASA and ASE environments for our website DB and the issues we were having, I took your advice and did the following: 1. Generated our website DB in an ASE 11.9.2 environment instead of ASA 6.0.2 2. Established an Open Client connection profile to the web DB instead of using ODBC. 3. Created an Open Client connection from the website to the ASE 11.9.2 primary database. Here's is what is happening now!:( - Please see the attachment! Summary: PD pages executing stored procedures under an Open Cl...

ODBC Connectivity
On win2000 ASE 12.5, I am trying to create a ODBC connection using ODBC adminstrator. Does anyone have any info. on this. I am getting DEFAULT_TXT_ISOLATION not found error. (On win nt, I was able to do this without any problems). Help! Joe wrote... > On win2000 ASE 12.5, I am trying to create a ODBC connection using ODBC > adminstrator. Does anyone have any info. on this. > > I am getting DEFAULT_TXT_ISOLATION not found error. > > (On win nt, I was able to do this without any problems). I can't find anything on that in the Tech Support database...

CONNECTION ODBC
EXCUSE ME , I'M NEW IN POWER BUILDER, AND I GET A PROBLEM WHEN THE USER MAKES AN ERROR WHEN HE WRITES HIS PASSWORD, AN ODBC DIALOG OPENS,AND I DON'T WANT IT, I WOULD LIKE ONLY THE MESSAGE APPEARS, THANK YOU Use ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT' For example, // Profile Test Cases SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=ASA 8.0 Sample;UID=dba;PWD=sql',ConnectOption='SQL_DRIVER_CONNECT,SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMP T'" -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere ...

Web resources about - Connecting through ODBC - perl.beginners

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting an Arduino to a DSC 1550 Alarm Panel - YouTube
Have an old DSC-1550 (PC 1550) Alarm Panel? This video shows how to connect an Arduino to the panel, simulate a keypad, and monitor the state ...