connect a database in remote server (can connect to the server via SSH)

Hi, All:
I am a new to perl. My perl code need to connect to the database in
the remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. Can anyone
give me a hint about how can I do that? Many thanks.

0
zhangxiaoyu912

On 7/17/07, zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com <zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a new to perl. My perl code need to connect to the database in
> the remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. Can anyone
> give me a hint about how can I do that? Many thanks.

Have you seen what's on CPAN?

    http://search.cpan.org/search?query=ssh&mode=all

Good luck with it!

--Tom Phoenix
Stonehenge Perl Training
0
rootbeer
7/17/2007 9:01:27 PM
------=_Part_61891_17820687.1184706600859

Hi.

You must check if the Database ports are open, if no ask to the admin.

Regards

On 7/17/07, Tom Phoenix <rootbeer@redcat.com> wrote:

> On 7/17/07, zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com <zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am a new to perl. My perl code need to connect to the database in
> > the remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. Can anyone
> > give me a hint about how can I do that? Many thanks.
>
> Have you seen what's on CPAN?
>
>     http://search.cpan.org/search?query=ssh&mode=all
>
> Good luck with it!
>
> --Tom Phoenix
> Stonehenge Perl Training
>
> --

Francisco Valladolid H.
-- http://bsdguy.net - Perl, [Open-Net] BSD fan. --

------=_Part_61891_17820687.1184706600859--
0
ficovh
7/17/2007 9:10:00 PM
--- zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi, All:
> I am a new to perl. My perl code need to connect to
> the database in
> the remote server, and I can login that server via
> SSH. Can anyone
> give me a hint about how can I do that? Many thanks.

You may use perl's database operation module DBI.pm,if
you're doing database programming rather than db
administration.

jeff
7/18/2007 1:36:54 AM
On 7/17/07, zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com <zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, All:
> I am a new to perl. My perl code need to connect to the database in
> the remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. Can anyone
> give me a hint about how can I do that? Many thanks.

To answer accurately we need some more information first:

1. What brand of database is it: Informix, Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL,
MySQL, SQL Server, etc. (I assume it is an RDBMS rather than a flat
file or hierarchal database)?
2. Does the database only accept local connections? (do you you really
have to ssh to the box to connect to it?)
3. What OS is the client?
4. What OS is the server?
5. What control do you have over the remote machine?

In most cases you can simply install the DBI module and a DBD module
that corresponds to your RDBMS.  If some reason you can only connect
to the remote box through SSH you can still setup an ssh-tunnel and
connect to the RDBMS with the DBI that way.
0
chas
7/18/2007 2:26:57 AM
On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 16:40 +0000, zhangxiaoyu912@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, All:
> I am a new to perl. My perl code need to connect to the database in
> the remote server, and I can login that server via SSH. Can anyone
> give me a hint about how can I do that? Many thanks.

There is a proxy module that you can use.

http://perltraining.com.au/talks/dbdproxy.pdf

--
Ken Foskey
FOSS developer

0
foskey

The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing.
I'm not sure what this error is referring to. I've built a report and it runs in the IDE in preview mode, however when I try to deploy it, I get this error message.   Thanks. Doug   ...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded."
Hello Sybase Users, Could anyone tell me what's the cause of this error message "alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded"? Actually, the sybase server is running and the user is remotely accessing the server. It was when the user used the Interactive SQL remotely that this error came out. Then, he also tried to use the Interactive SQL on the server machine but there was no error encountered. It also came out ONCE when 10 users were simultaneously logging on the system application. What's...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message
Hello Sybase User Experts, I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be a great help to me. Thank you in advance. Regards, Beverly Beverly, First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting to it? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356....

how to create remote server? i want to create proxy table,but can't connect the remote server sit!
You need to enable CIS (sp_configure 'enable cis', 1) and add an entry to master..sysservers for your remote server using sp_addserver. If the remote server is a Sybase server then a srvclass of 7 is required - I think that's the default if you specify the procedure parameter as null. ...

Dream Weaver 8 Connection Strings for ASP and ASP.NET to connect remote MS Access Database on remote web server
  HiIm using Dream Weaver 8 to create a set of ASP and ASPX websites im editing them locally and testing them locally using IIS Personal Web Server. My problem is how to transfer them on to a remote webserver and make the pages connect to a remote database for asp,aspx as they work fine Locally ?Does anyone know how to create Dreamweaver connection strings for both ASP and ASP.NET pages for database that has the following directory path on the remote webserver Domain = asianwedding.somee.comDatabase path = **************************/db1.mdbIve been searching on the web and using the Se...

How Can PPB Directly Connect to Database Server by Wi-Fi Connection?
PPB can syncronize the remote db on Pocket PC to Enterprise db on server via MobiLink. But can PPB directly connect to Enterprise db such as ASA9 or MS-SQL 2000 via WiFi connection? I want to create a direct and always connection to Enterprise DB via WiFi to get a realtime data access and manipulation. Can PPB do it? How? Thanks in advanced. Dong Zuming Those are rather FAQ. You might want to seach the newsgroups first to see if the question has already been asked and answered. Directly to ASA9, yes. Mainly it has to do with having something like the following in the D...

Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running
I get this error on one of my clients, although the DB server is, in fact, running. If I go to ODBC, and "TEST CONNECTION" it says OK, and all begins to work within a minute or so again. Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running Are there client settings, or server settings, which can eliminate this annoying problem? Our entire website stops working as it's completely db driven, until the error clears itself up... RUNNING ASA 6.0.3030 RT Can you post the parameters you filled in...

could not connect to server (server name); the connection was refused
I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem it would be greatly appreciated drewmalone@hotmail.com wrote: > I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not > connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware > (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem > it would be greatly appreciated > 1st check whether POP/SMTP servers a...

How to connect to Remote SQL Server database using SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi,I've an account with a hosting service provider online for SQL Server database. I've downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express from ASP.Net. How can I use it to connect to my SQL Server Database which is sitting on remote server? The hosting provider gave me following things to connect to the remote database.Server NameDatabase NameUser NamePasswordRegards,A.K.R    Anyone? I don't want to ask the obvious, but is there not a Read Me file included with the download of SQL Express which would explain how to connect? Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I've only ever briefly ...

Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections."
Hi Forum, Heres the scenario. I have VS2008 and SqlServer Enterprise Edition installed in my machine. I connect to the database inside the same machine using VS2008. I opened the project my client gave me inside vs2008. When I ran the project, the it runs. but the aspx page to be displayed shows error like  'Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections." ' I have db and vs in the same machine ( no remote machine involved). Why does this error came? How to Rectify it? Any guidelines are de...

Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express?
Can I connect to remote SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express? I always get a error code 18456 when I try to connect to SQL 2005 server through SQL Server Management Studio Express. I'm sure I enter correct username and password!SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator The answer is yes its possible but it depends on the security configuration of the remote server.Hope it helps,Joe http://www.joeaudette.comhttp://www.mojoportal.com oh wait. I don't have the Express...

Web resources about - connect a database in remote server (can connect to the server via SSH) - perl.beginners

IObit Driver Booster debuts new fix-it tool, widens driver update database
... The update also includes various optimizations to improve user experience, performance and stability, plus widens the tool’s driver database ...

Top US School District Switches to Rimini Street for Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite Support ...
Douglas County School District using savings from Rimini Street independent support to develop district-wide data visualization capabilities ...

18 million targeted voter records exposed by database error
A second database containing voter records has been exposed due to a configuration error. While the first held records that some dismissed inconsequential ...

Former Ohio cop uses cop database to stalk victim
... stalked her like an average person would, but stalked her in the way that only a police officer could: he stalked her utilizing a police database ...

U.S. Attorney Suggests Password Cardinals Used To Access Astros Scouting Database Was “Eckstein123"
... scouting director Christopher Correa plead guilty to five counts of unauthorized access to a computer for hacking the Houston Astros database. ...