automatic FTP not using NET:FTP module

Hi,

I have to automate ftp process using perl or shell scripts. At the moment I
cannot install NET:FTP class. So any pointers for me on how do this.

thanks,
vas

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/

0
srinivas

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 10:20:58AM -0700, srinivas.s@excite.com wrote:
> I have to automate ftp process using perl or shell scripts. At the moment I
> cannot install NET:FTP class. So any pointers for me on how do this.

Why can't you install Net::FTP?  Really, it's the best solution to speaking
FTP in Perl.  Perhaps you think you can't install it because you don't have
proper permission, in which case refer to perldoc -q "my own module" or
http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6/pod/perlfaq8.html#How%20do%20I%20keep%20my%20own%20module%2flibrary%20directory%3f

Michael
--
Administrator                      www.shoebox.net
Programmer, System Administrator   www.gallanttech.com

open FTP, "> tmpftp.$$";
print FTP <<EOF;
$username
$password
bin
get /tmp/frazzle
bye
EOF
close FTP
system "ftp -s:tmpftp.$$ $hostname";
unlink tmpftp.$$

on unix, the system call would be this i believe:
system "ftp $hostname < tmpftp.$$";

good luck
Luke

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Michael Fowler wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 10:20:58AM -0700, srinivas.s@excite.com wrote:
> > I have to automate ftp process using perl or shell scripts. At the moment I
> > cannot install NET:FTP class. So any pointers for me on how do this.
>
> Why can't you install Net::FTP?  Really, it's the best solution to speaking
> FTP in Perl.  Perhaps you think you can't install it because you don't have
> proper permission, in which case refer to perldoc -q "my own module" or
> http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6/pod/perlfaq8.html#How%20do%20I%20keep%20my%20own%20module%2flibrary%20directory%3f
>

> Michael
> --
> Administrator                      www.shoebox.net
> Programmer, System Administrator   www.gallanttech.com
> --

0
luke_bakken

FTP not using NET:FTP module ... Why dose this work???
Hi Using Luke Bakkens reply >If you can't install Net::FTP, the following works with the ftp.exe >program on NT to get the file /tmp/frazzle in binary mode: > >open FTP, "> tmpftp.$$"; >print FTP <<EOF; >$username >$password >bin >get /tmp/frazzle >bye >EOF >close FTP >system "ftp -s:tmpftp.$$ $hostname"; >unlink tmpftp.$$ > >on unix, the system call would be this i believe: >system "ftp $hostname < tmpftp.$$"; > >good luck >Luke I went and did the following, but ...

RE: ftp w/o using Net::FTP
James P Donnelly <jpd4@cisunix.unh.edu> asked: > I am only trying to login into a server, travese to the > correct directory, dump a file and quit. I have hacked > together something that gets me to the server and > then it seems to hang at the login.. Has anyone written > something like > this w/o use of the module? Any insight would be very helpful > > Thanks -- Jim > > > $cmd = 'rftp'; > $rftp_commands = > "open > $fHost > $user > $...

FTP to FTP
Lately I've been seeing scans show up of a port 21 trying to connect to my port 21 (I am not, BTW, running an FTP server). Is this just someone trying to use my IP as the middleman in an FTP bounce attack, assuming my port 21 had been open and with a writeable FTP directory? http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-1997-27.html ...

Mulriple File Transfers using NET::FTP module...
Hello, Can someone out there help? I have written a small script below, to dowload files for an FTP server. I employed the NET::FTP module. Somehow I cannot find a command on NET::FTP that can allow mulriple file retieval using a wildcard or other. @rem = '--*-Perl-*-- @echo off if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" goto WinNT perl -x -S "%0" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 goto endofperl :WinNT perl -x -S "%0" %* if NOT "%COMSPEC%" == "%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe" goto endofperl if %errorlevel% == 9009 echo You do not have Perl...

VB.NET
All, This is probably a much harder question than what should go in the "Getting Started" forum, but I am new and don't know where to put it. Anyways, I am currently developing an FTP class in VB.NET. It's kid tested, mother approved when trying to access an FTP Server on a Windows box meaning I can connect, run commands, upload and download a file no problem. My issues come when I try to use the same class with the same commands to access an FTP server on a UNIX box. I can connect and login just fine, but after that all my commands come back "500 'PWD': command not understood.". This is fo...

Anyone have Cute FTP or use an ftp
I need tips on how to connect my computer to my buddies via FTP. We want to down load from each others computer, but it wont allow us to connect ??. any and ALL help or howto guides/links welcome. Ian >I need tips on how to connect my computer to my buddies via FTP. We want to >down load from each others computer, but it wont allow us to connect ??. any >and ALL help or howto guides/links welcome. For starters, you will both need FTP servers. CuteFTP is a FTP client, not a server. It's the FTP equivalent of a browser. For two way transfers, you will need both servers...

Files uploaded using asp.net to Ftp site not persisting, after the webserver.exe is closed or automatically after some time
Hi All, Below mentioned is the code i have written to upload files to ftp site, but after I perform the upload. The files automatically vanishes after some time or immediately when I close the Webserver.exe process during development. I am not able to understand the reason. Please Help. private bool UploadFiles(ListItemCollection lstLocalFilePath) {string strCompleteFTPPath = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["FTP_SUPPORT_DOCUMENT_UPLOAD_PATH"].ToString(); string strFilePrefix = "SupportDoc";long lngCaseID = 25; long lngHeaderID = 25;long lngLineID...

ftp folder using asp.net(vb.net)
 can i ftp a folder to a server using asp.net? anyone? thanks  Yes, you can use one of the Ftp components available, or just use the WebClient classhttp://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2006/12/12/building-ftp-services-using-net-20.html -- "Mark As Answer" if my reply helped you -- Yes, you can do it.  You actually just grab all the files out of the folder and send them up. See this: http://forums.asp.net/p/1288676/2483713.aspx Jason...

using Net::FTP
I can get and put a file using Net::FTP if I know the name of the file. I need to be able to open a directory and get all the files in it, without knowing their names. Here is my code that 'almost' works. $ftp->cwd("webshare:available:") or die "Can't cwd to webshare:available:"; my @items = $ftp->ls("webshare:available:"); foreach my $f(@items) { print "This file is named " . $f; print "\n"; $ftp->get($f) or die "Can't get file."; } There are 2 files in the available direct...

FTP a file to a FTP server with .NET code
    Hi,I want my web app to be able to upload a user submitted file via FTP to another server.  I'm checking out components and they seem way out of price range for me ($399+)  Isn't there some simple source code in .NET available ?   Or maybe somebody knows a good, reliable, cheaper component ?Any help much appreciatedthanks,mike123 See the Google search results for c# ftp upload, more specifically http://www.csharphelp.com/archives/archive9.html. RyanRyan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThttp://ryanolshan.comHow to ask a question   ...

How to upload large files through FTP using Asp.net and VB.net
Hi, I want you to tell me that how can i upload the large files through FTP using asp.net and vb.net. I have developed a page where user can upload his/her file which is about 1-5 mb but if file size increase upto 50 mb then my page do not work. If i try so, then find the following error: The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log o...

Net::Ftp use proxy?
When cpan goes to do a "get", it first says LWP not available, then tries NET::Ftp (which failes because it is behind a FW and needs to use ftp_proxy) and finally lynx. Lynx works (fortunately). Should Net:Ftp be able to use my "ftp_proxy" set in the environment? http is more robust over a proxy On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:33:03 -0800, Linda W <cygwin@tlinx.org> wrote: > > When cpan goes to do a "get", it first says LWP not available, > then tries NET::Ftp (which failes because it is behind > a FW and needs to use ftp_proxy...

using GET of NET::FTP
get ($remote,$local,$where) is failing whenever i use the third arguement. here in this case my file to be downloaded from FTP is of size 5MB. 2Mb of it is downloaded, now when i am executing the get ($remote,$local,$where) with $where as 2MB(2048), get method is returning me nothing and download is getting aborted. can anybody plz help me out to solve this problem. ...

FTP using ASP.net
Hi, i am trying to implement an FTP applet using either ASP.NET or Javascript, can anyone tell me if ASP.NET has a limit on the size of file that can be uploaded ? Thanks Its controlled in the web.config file. Default is 4mbs....

Web resources about - automatic FTP not using NET:FTP module - perl.beginners

Semi-automatic pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A semi-automatic pistol is a type of handgun which uses a single chamber and barrel , with a mechanism powered by the previous shot to load a ...

Man found carrying fully automatic sub-machinegun in Marrickville: police
A man has been caught with a sub-machinegun in his bag in Sydney's inner west, police say.

You can now install popular automatic screen brightness app Flux on iPhone and iPad
... is now possible to install screen brightness app Flux (or f.lux). Flux adjusts screen brightness and color depending on the time of day automatically, ...

Facebook Testing Automatic Translation?
Facebook appears to be experimenting with automatic translation , including the extension of that functionality to calls to action . Reader ...

Chris Christie vetoes automatic voter registration for no good reason
Literally as I was writing this post explaining why automatic voter registration does not open the door for voter fraud, Chris Christie vetoed ...

A second look at Australia's ban on semi-automatic weapons - Videos - CBS News
After a 1996 massacre in Australia left 35 people dead, the government banned semi-automatic firearms. Holly Williams went to Australia to see ...

'Alexa, where's my car?' Automatic syncs your vehicle with Amazon Echo
The connected car adapter is the latest product to craft an integration with Amazon's smart home speaker.

Chris Christie Vetoes Automatic Voter Registration Bill
... Monday that would have added 1.6 million new voters to the state’s rolls and made New Jersey the third state in the country to adopt automatic ...

Carry Guns: Semi-Automatic vs. Revolver
One is clearly better than the other! Argue which one.

New group will spend $10 million to promote Automatic Voter Registration
... the current paper-based registration process is outdated and inefficient. A simpler and more effective method of registration is Automatic ...